Aacom Ps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DORK7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any DO student is willing to share his/her AACOM pesonal statement. I want to see whether the main focus of the essay is on osteopathic medicine or medicine in general. I'm having problems with what to really focus on for my personal statement. I know that each personal statement is unique, hence the word 'pesonal', but I think if I could see the overall organization and arrangement of somebody's essay it would help me a great deal. If anyone is willing to share his/her PS you can pm me. Also, any other help regarding this issue would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

DORK7 said:
I was wondering if any DO student is willing to share his/her AACOM pesonal statement. I want to see whether the main focus of the essay is on osteopathic medicine or medicine in general. I'm having problems with what to really focus on for my personal statement. I know that each personal statement is unique, hence the word 'pesonal', but I think if I could see the overall organization and arrangement of somebody's essay it would help me a great deal. If anyone is willing to share his/her PS you can pm me. Also, any other help regarding this issue would be much appreciated.
The personal statement should be a reflection about you. Who you are and what you stand for. How you came to be at this point where you want to be a doctor. What events happened to you to make you feel medicine is the right road for you. It should talk about what makes you unique and it should be written in such a way where the adcoms say, "we have got to meet this person". There are many books out there with sample personal statements. You don't really have to talk about medicine. It's more about your qualities that would make you a good doctor, how those qualities came to be and what events molded you as a person.

I hope that helps.

Mine had something like 3 sentences about Osteopathic interest.. You can use the secondaries to say why you want a certain school and why the DO route. The personal statement is when you need to shine and set yourself above the otehr applicants, not somewhere that you need to go on about how DO is the best.