AACOM Website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

David Churchill

AACOM Representative
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Many of you remember AACOM. (we are the people that process your applications.) Recently we have been doing alot of planning for changing of our site. What I would like to discuss here is what you, our osteopathic medical students want. Our mission is to suppliment and coordinate efforts at our schools in order to enhance your medical educations. Within the organization I have circulated a list of problems that we think we could reasonably help you to solve. Here they are (in no particular order):

• Find out about AACOM
  • Find out about osteopathic medicine
  • See research projects
  • See clinical rotation info for my school
  • Learn about internships
  • Read about residencies
  • Find out about financial aid.
  • Participate in a student community
  • Online courses
  • Find out interesting data from our information department

What is the most useful item on this list? The least? What is one problem that is not listed here? Are there specific requirements that are not being addressed with our current web site? (For example, our financial aide links are pretty scarce)

Thanks for reading this. Hopefully we can shape the future of the AACOM experience with all of your useful input!

Members don't see this ad.

there are no stats (or not enough) gimme some stats!

Yeah, statistics about the schools would be good (% applied vs interviewed and accepted, % receiving financial aid, etc...). The other categories sound good, especially the ones about rotations and residencies. I don't know about the online courses... what kind of courses? That's my feedback for now. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking personally I do not think the AACOM website would provide 'new' information if it concentrated in information on schools, or their stats. The schools own web pages provide the most up-to-date info on their program, and www.USnews.com has all the statistics one might wish for on interviews vs acceptances, etc.

I think the biggest opportunity for AACOM's website is to give information on what AACOM itself does and of most interest to anyone in or considering osteopathic medicine - information on internships, residencies, practicing medicine internationally, career profiles, etc

It's not hard to find out info on schools already. What I can't find is much about what comes after. Obviously this is very important to anyone trying to decide if going to DO school is right for them.

just my thoughts. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share them!

onwis

Thanks for your input folks. From here on out, I will be regularly soliciting feedback via this forum as AACOM moves forward in improving our services.