Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to several classmates telling them I was outraged this happened. You know what most said? "What? We could replace grades that were bad? I thought everything was averaged already."I think we see a lot do people using grade replacement here because we were actively seeking out information on it, which usually leads to this site. SDN is FAR from representative of the matriculant population and I believe that the majority of DO students in fact do not utilize grade replacement. I think the bigger population of DO students would be the higher GPA but lower MCAT people (purely speculative btw). I think the majority of people who utilized grade replacement were non trads which I just don't think accurately reflects the majority of students. Based on this it's not far fetched to to think that the gpa statistics may in fact not be tremendously impacted.
With the expansion of schools though this may not be the case with the newer schools in particular. It's all speculation until we actually see results from the next cycle.
