AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would call AACPMAS about it. They're really helpful and I've never been on hold for more than 10 minutes.
If you are calling any time during the next few months be ready for at least 45 minute wait including the same message over and over. TORTURE

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are calling any time during the next few months be ready for at least 45 minute wait including the same message over and over. TORTURE
I guess they just weren't busy the first couple of weeks of the cycle. I called numerous times in the first couple of weeks and they got to me pretty quickly.

All of my LORs had been sent before my application was even verified, including to AZPod.
I sent all of my LoR's via Interfolio about the same time I finished up my application. So yes.

Thanks guys! My transcripts were received, but my LORs are still being sent out. I'm waiting on my DPM to finish his and a couple of my other profs are sending theirs next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! My transcripts were received, but my LORs are still being sent out. I'm waiting on my DPM to finish his and a couple of my other profs are sending theirs next week.
Well, this was part of the Temple interview invite email: If you have not already done so, please forward all supplemental materials referred to in the "School Information" section of the AACPMAS application, to our office.
Now while I don't believe that a "School Information" section actually exists on the AACPMAS application I assume that this means that you don't necessarily have to have all supplemental materials, like LORs, in before you are extended an interview invite—at least from Temple.

FOR EVERYONE WHO GOT INTERVIEW INVITES:

Do all of you have your LORs turned in already? Or are you able to get interviews based purely on your app? Thanks guys!

I think you can get interviews based on purely your app... but I sent my LORs early too

OKAY now I have it straight, I'm interviewing at NYCPM on the 10th. Haven't scheduled Temple yet but yea they're Monday and Friday only apparently
My b I confused us both lol

FOR EVERYONE WHO GOT INTERVIEW INVITES:

Do all of you have your LORs turned in already? Or are you able to get interviews based purely on your app? Thanks guys!
Yeah, I sent in my LoRs on the 7th

Well got my rejection from Arizona too...:(

Has anyone received an interview invite without an MCAT score? I'm curious as I have submitted my application but am not taking the MCAT until 9/23.

Email from AZPod last night saying my app was fully complete and they were reviewing everything. Hopefully hearing back for an interview soon!!

Email from AZPod last night saying my app was fully complete and they were reviewing everything. Hopefully hearing back for an interview soon!!
I got that one too, but I'm not holding my breath for AZPod, they're pickier than a vegan hipster.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, do we have to send our transcript separately to CSPM? On there website, it says "Please send your official transcripts to CSPM Office of Admission".

I just had it sent to AACPMAS.

What email address did you use for Arizona?
Also, do we have to send our transcript separately to CSPM? On there website, it says "Please send your official transcripts to CSPM Office of Admission".

I just had it sent to AACPMAS.

Just have Interfolio send Arizona snail mail your LOR. "Office of Admissions 19555 N. 59th Avenue. Glendale, AZ 85308
You don't have to send your transcript to CSPM AACPMAS should send it for you.

What email address did you use for Arizona?
Don't remember but I can check later when I get home. It was an email that somebody had posted earlier in this thread when I asked the same question. But, it might be [email protected] which is the email that I received the interview invite from and which I had correspondence with about my CV.

Just have Interfolio send Arizona snail mail your LOR. "Office of Admissions 19555 N. 59th Avenue. Glendale, AZ 85308
You don't have to send your transcript to CSPM AACPMAS should send it for you.

Don't remember but I can check later when I get home. It was an email that somebody had posted earlier in this thread when I asked the same question. But, it might be [email protected] which is the email that I received the interview invite from and which I had correspondence with about my CV.

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!
Yes, the mailing address to the office of admissions is the one that ChellyBean gave:
Office of Admissions 19555 N. 59th Avenue. Glendale, AZ 85308
and the email address to the office of admissions was the one that I gave, and that's where I sent my LORs to (Just double checked):
[email protected]
So either one should be OK to send your LORs to, they'll go to the same place either way.

quick question. As we are punching in our transcript entry, do we add withdrawals? The CAS grade when I enter a W comes none so Im wondering if Ws shouldnt be added there

Hi everyone, I recently heard of Podiatry a month ago and decided to apply, so far I have submitted my application to NYCPM, Barry, Kent, and Scholl. Sent in the transcripts and MCAT scores in as well. Have to still get my letters of rec together though. Do you guys think it is possible to get an interview before I get the letters of rec sent in? Also, how long does it take for transcripts to be processed? Thanks for all the great info you guys have been posting here so far!

quick question. As we are punching in our transcript entry, do we add withdrawals? The CAS grade when I enter a W comes none so Im wondering if Ws shouldnt be added there
Yes enter them, enter EVERYTHING that's on any one of your transcripts or your application will get kicked back to you as "undelivered" and you'll have to correct the discrepancies. However, AACPMAS doesn't count the withdrawals in the GPA calculation, which is why it says none.

Hi everyone, I recently heard of Podiatry a month ago and decided to apply, so far I have submitted my application to NYCPM, Barry, Kent, and Scholl. Sent in the transcripts and MCAT scores in as well. Have to still get my letters of rec together though. Do you guys think it is possible to get an interview before I get the letters of rec sent in? Also, how long does it take for transcripts to be processed? Thanks for all the great info you guys have been posting here so far!
It seems like a busier time of the cycle now. Your transcripts are "processed" immediately upon receipt by AACPMAS, but it will take a number of weeks to "verify" your transcripts and they won't officially be sent to the schools until "verified". It does seem that you can technically get an interview without the LORs, but you'll probably be waiting a while before your transcripts and MCAT score are "verified" so just get on top of your LORs and you might have everything done around the same time anyway.

It seems like a busier time of the cycle now.
haha, yea, i think you are right about this, will look into getting those LORs done asap. Any suggestions on how to find a podiatrist to shadow? I have a lot of hours shadowing MDs but I haven't been able to find a Podiatrist to shadow.

haha, yea, i think you are right about this, will look into getting those LORs done asap. Any suggestions on how to find a podiatrist to shadow? I have a lot of hours shadowing MDs but I haven't been able to find a Podiatrist to shadow.
Contact NYCPM office of admissions. They've graduated a very large number of pods who now practice all over the country. They should have an alumni in your area whom they can put you in contact with. It's a free service NYCPM offers to those interested in their school. AACPM has a similar service, but their information is out of date.

What kind of experience should I label research? Healthcare experience or extracurricular? Kinda in a rut because I want to finish my app today but cant call AACPMAS because its sunday

What kind of experience should I label research? Healthcare experience or extracurricular? Kinda in a rut because I want to finish my app today but cant call AACPMAS because its sunday
Research experience. Do you have any co-authorships? Were you an RA in a lab? Did you do a poster? Things like that fall into the research experience category.

Research experience. Do you have any co-authorships? Were you an RA in a lab? Did you do a poster? Things like that fall into the research experience category.

I wasn't originally planning to put anything in the publication section (because I didn't "publish" anything) but I did do 1 year of research in the biology department. So should that be a part of that section?

First! Just called Temple, they said I was the first to schedule an interview. I'm going on their first interview date, September 18th.

Reactions: 3 users
First! Just called Temple, they said I was the first to schedule an interview. I'm going on their first interview date, September 18th.
Same here! Wish they had for Sept 11th lol. Earlier the better.

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently we're gonna have to share the hotel room Temple gets us with another applicant. Awk...

Apparently we're gonna have to share the hotel room Temple gets us with another applicant. Awk...
Lol, yea. But it is free though...

I'll probably pay for my own room but at the same hotel since it's so close to the school.

Chelly if you dont mind me asking, what do your stats look like?
No don't mind at all :) According to my transcript from undergrad my overall GPA was a 2.89 and I believe a 2.6ish for sGPA. AACPMAS calculated it to 2.75 and 2.45 respectively. Not really sure why, but I guess they don't replace my repeated courses :(
According to the email from Arizona the cut off GPA for both overall GPA and sGPA is 2.75. Hope this helps you.

No don't mind at all :) According to my transcript from undergrad my overall GPA was a 2.89 and I believe a 2.6ish for sGPA. AACPMAS calculated it to 2.75 and 2.45 respectively. Not really sure why, but I guess they don't replace my repeated courses :(
According to the email from Arizona the cut off GPA for both overall GPA and sGPA is 2.75. Hope this helps you.
So did you end up including your osteopathic transcripts afterall?

Did y'all wanna hang out and maybe see the city a little after the interview? I'm gonna book my flight and hotel soon and I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should stay Friday night as well...
I told them to put me down for two nights so I can go check out the city after the interview, so I'm down.

So did you end up including your osteopathic transcripts afterall?

Mind you it was an masters program transcript not an actual osteopathic transcript. I just did it at a school with an osteopathic program. I didn't because I realized the scores would ultimately hurt me and I would never be able to get my foot in the door. Also a little birdy told me I would be able to fly under the radar. I believe that my rejections from Midwestern and Temple were due to low science GPA from undergrad.

Did y'all wanna hang out and maybe see the city a little after the interview? I'm gonna book my flight and hotel soon and I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should stay Friday night as well...
I'm not staying the extra night, but I should be there early Thursday afternoon if anyone wanted to meet up and get some food or something??

After your transcripts and application were verified, how long did it take for you to start hearing from the schools? (My application and transcripts were just verified today)

After your transcripts and application were verified, how long did it take for you to start hearing from the schools? (My application and transcripts were just verified today)

I would also like to know. I submitted my application on saturday and it has already been verified. One business day!

Last edited:

I would also like to know. I submitted my application on saturday and it has already been verified. One business day!

People started hearing back from NYCPM within the first week following verification. AZPod confirmed my application exactly 7 days after verification, but I haven't gotten an interview or rejection yet. Temple sent me an interview invite exactly 7 days after verification. I applied to all nine schools and haven't heard from any of the other ones yet. I'm now 10 days post verification.

Reactions: 2 users
@.@ I submitted 20 days ago and they still haven't even started verification

@.@ I submitted 20 days ago and they still haven't even started verification

That sucks! Not really sure why mine got through so quickly. Hopefully this luck carries through to the schools my app is sent out to. :)

I'm not staying the extra night, but I should be there early Thursday afternoon if anyone wanted to meet up and get some food or something??
I'm in, just PM me your number when you land or just PM me for mine whatever is comfortable with you lol. I'll shoot you a text when I'm settled in the room.