AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Congrats to everyone who has received interview invites!!!! Looking forward to reading some acceptances in the near future from you guys!!!

Has anyone interview at Kent yet?
My interview is next week!! If anyone has interviewed there let us know how your experience went :)))

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to accepted student checklist and it had a whole list of stuff I need to turn into them

Mine does, too, but there was no message or notification or anything saying I had been accepted. I guess that will come later?

Reactions: 1 users
Mine does, too, but there was no message or notification or anything saying I had been accepted. I guess that will come later?
Yeah it will. They told us at the interview to look at the checklist and if youre accepted itll change. Congrats man!!

Yeah it will. They told us at the interview to look at the checklist and if youre accepted itll change. Congrats man!!

Sweet! I'm glad they told you that. I would have had no idea.

got interview with Barry, surprised they sent me it so soon with the hurricane situation

I got an interview invitation from Western, it was in my spam box..

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having a hard time deciding on if and how many interviews I should go to. I did the summer internship at Temple and interviewed there so I will hear back around October 9th, but I have received interviews from Barry, Kent, Western, and Midwestern. I plan on going to Kent because I can drive there and Barry because it's the closer one of the others and I've been looking at it a while, but don't know about Western and Midwestern. I really don't have my heart set on any school and don't know which one I would want to attend, which makes me think I should go to at least 3 of the 4 interviews, if not all, but it is hard because flights are expensive and hard to miss class. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just curious what your guys opinions are on interviewing since I know we are all in the same boat.

I am having a hard time deciding on if and how many interviews I should go to. I did the summer internship at Temple and interviewed there so I will hear back around October 9th, but I have received interviews from Barry, Kent, Western, and Midwestern. I plan on going to Kent because I can drive there and Barry because it's the closer one of the others and I've been looking at it a while, but don't know about Western and Midwestern. I really don't have my heart set on any school and don't know which one I would want to attend, which makes me think I should go to at least 3 of the 4 interviews, if not all, but it is hard because flights are expensive and hard to miss class. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just curious what your guys opinions are on interviewing since I know we are all in the same boat.

You should read the post that @Weirdy made here somewhere regarding your concerns.

Basically, you will do fine at any of the schools you chose to attend. But, when choosing one school, factor in the cost, weather (snow vs heat), where you see yourself happy for the next 4-years, if you need to be closer to your family or not, etc. Also, factor in which state you would like to match and practice in.

Still waiting for my transcript entry now that i submitted everything and my transcripts are there and also verification... blehhhhhhh

I applied to all schools and was confident I would interview everywhere. Well, I just had an interview on Monday that cost me $1600 in flights, $200 hotel, and cab fare. It also takes me an entire day to fly to any of the schools to spend a few hours there just to turn around, spend the day in the air, and show up to work the next day exhausted. My recent interview (and doing the DMU preview) was eye opening in what I want in a school. I will attend my next one on Monday and if these two result in an acceptance, I may interview at one other school but that's it. On the plus side, I earned a new status on my frequent flyer program in just a couple trips!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I applied to all schools and was confident I would interview everywhere. Well, I just had an interview on Monday that cost me $1600 in flight, $200 hotel, and can fare. It also takes me an entire day to fly to any of the schools to spend a few hours there just to turn around, spend the day in the air, and show up to work the next day exhausted. My recent interview (and doing the DMU preview) was eye opening in what I want in a school. I will attend my next one on Monday and if these two result in an acceptance, I may interview at one other school but that's it. On the plus side, I earned a new status on my frequent flyer program in just a couple trips!

yeah, i've gotten 6 II so far, i think I will only go to 4 of them

I applied to all schools and was confident I would interview everywhere. Well, I just had an interview on Monday that cost me $1600 in flights, $200 hotel, and cab fare. It also takes me an entire day to fly to any of the schools to spend a few hours there just to turn around, spend the day in the air, and show up to work the next day exhausted. My recent interview (and doing the DMU preview) was eye opening in what I want in a school. I will attend my next one on Monday and if these two result in an acceptance, I may interview at one other school but that's it. On the plus side, I earned a new status on my frequent flyer program in just a couple trips!

Which schools? If you dont mind me asking

@smurfeyD Scholl and Temple. I really like what they have to offer, am looking for a big school with diversity, and also very interested in pursuing DPM/PhD. I felt really good at Scholl. I definitely think I would be happy there. One of the DPMs I work with went there and we went over pros/cons. I have Temple on Monday so I am eager to see how I feel there. I have a lot of support and familiarity with both cities. Originally DMU was my top choice until digging a little deeper into what I want in a program. Edited to add that there is an agreement with Cali schools and AZ for lower interest or whatever so I will probably interview in Cali if offered. Not sure of AZ to be honest.

@smurfeyD Scholl and Temple. I really like what they have to offer, am looking for a big school with diversity, and also very interested in pursuing DPM/PhD. I felt really good at Scholl. I definitely think I would be happy there. One of the DPMs I work with went there and we went over pros/cons. I have Temple on Monday so I am eager to see how I feel there. I have a lot of support and familiarity with both cities. Originally DMU was my top choice until digging a little deeper into what I want in a program.

Thats awesome. Ive heard nothing but amazing things about those schools

Thats awesome. Ive heard nothing but amazing things about those schools

I added another part to my post. I am interested in Cali schools possibly because of the agreement with my state. It's tough trying to decide where the best fit is without going to them all but that's just not possible. Where are you most interested?

I decided early on what I want in a school. I want to attend a school that is integrated with DO students, has high board pass rates, and isn't in a huge city. DMU and MWU fit the bill.

I was lucky and was able to schedule those two interviews very early. I received interview invitations from everywhere else, but scheduled them for late September and early October.

Yesterday, after receiving an acceptance from MWU, I went ahead and cancelled all my other interviews. Now I'm just waiting for an admissions decision from DMU and I can make my choice.

I figure this will save me a lot of time, money and stress.

Reactions: 2 users
I decided early on what I want in a school. I want to attend a school that is integrated with DO students, has high board pass rates, and isn't in a huge city. DMU and MWU fit the bill.

I was lucky and was able to schedule those two interviews very early. I received interview invitations from everywhere else, but scheduled them for late September and early October.

Yesterday, after receiving an acceptance from MWU, I went ahead and cancelled all my other interviews. Now I'm just waiting for an admissions decision from DMU and I can make my choice.

I figure this will save me a lot of time, money and stress.
Basically ditto to everything you said

Im not sure! I have DMU on Friday. So I want to wait and see.

3.55cgpa 3.4 sgpa. 498 mcat
Thousands of volunteer and work hours in the healthcare field.

Also Mormon (midwestern is basically BYU) haha
ah! Those are not bad stats at all...wonder why the wait list :(

I was the one waitlisted haha. sGPA 2.9 cGPA 3.1 MCAT 493 and 497. I know my stats aren't the best but I was a biochem major and excelled in my biochem classes, which the AZPOD interviewers said that they don't see often and that many students struggle with biochem. Also have 40+hours shadowing 2 DPMs and was able to observe several surgeries.

Id assume its just your GPA. AZPOD on their admission has really high GPA averages like 3.5 and 3.4 science. Much higher than all the other schools but I don't see why you wouldn't get in probably anywhere else or scholarshipped with a 497

For everyone who has already received an interview invite to scholl did all of you write a diversity statement or did some receive invites without? Thanks!

For everyone who has already received an interview invite to scholl did all of you write a diversity statement or did some receive invites without? Thanks!

I wrote one, but I've heard a few people mention they got an interview without it.

I wrote one, only because I felt like there was something worth writing that they might like. I wouldn't have done it otherwise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How did you guys send LOR's to schools through Interfolio? Would it work to deliver them through email @ their admissions email address?
Interfolio charges me $30 per school ON TOP of the $50 "annual fee" just to send the letters by regular mail... ridiculous.

How did you guys send LOR's to schools through Interfolio? Would it work to deliver them through email @ their admissions email address?
Interfolio charges me $30 per school ON TOP of the $50 "annual fee" just to send the letters by regular mail... ridiculous.

1. Click [+] New Delivery
2. Search for school name or Podiatric under [Find an Opportunity]
3. Click the school you want to send your LoRs to
4. Click [✅]Start Application
5. Add your LoR and submit

interviewed at Kent a few days ago. Anyone else get questioned about grades during interview?! Good sign or bad??

interviewed at Kent a few days ago. Anyone else get questioned about grades during interview?! Good sign or bad??
what was your stats?
if it's high, maybe they liked it?
i'm going to have interview with them soon myself, i'll give an update if they ask me about my grades as well

what was your stats?
if it's high, maybe they liked it?
i'm going to have interview with them soon myself, i'll give an update if they ask me about my grades as well
3.66 cum. 3.05 sci 494 mcat. Well they asked me about a lab that I failed 2 years ago, but it was a lab I didn't even need for graduation.

Last edited: