AACPMAS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y'all!

Is anyone interviewing at Temple on the 16th? I am a female looking to share a room with another female on the 15th of September.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you during that weekend. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You're right! Thanks for the encouragement! I applied to Barry, NYCPM, Temple, Kent, and Scholls. I got an interview at Barry and denied almost automatically from Temple (probably due to their MCAT cut-off). Scholls and Kent have sent me emails saying they received my app but that is it.

I am from Florida so honestly Barry is most ideal for me, but I would prefer to have options if possible! But then again my stats are so low that I shouldn't be complaining lol
I do have very low MCAt buy still didnt get any respond
Im sorry but can i ask ur Mcat if it was lower than 490?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished interviewing at DMU! It was awesome! I just wanted to mention that we were alone (only DPM students). Either there were no DO students scheduled or they have since changed their procedures. That was the thing most people seemed to not like about DMU interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
How was the interview? Pretty laid back or did they ask some tough questions? Was it just two people interviewing?

It was great. It was fairly comfortable and low-stress. It was one faculty member and one student; they were both very kind. There were some questions that were difficult, but nothing that isn't on the forum for the interviews page.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all!

Is anyone interviewing at Temple on the 16th? I am a female looking to share a room with another female on the 15th of September.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you during that weekend. :)
Hey! Will be there on the 16th but I already booked hotel. My mom wanted to come along for the trip lol so I couldn’t use their free accommodations. But I will probably see you at the interview on the 16th!

I just got an interview for Barry. Do you guys know how many questions they ask? and if it is chill or more to the serious end?

I just got an interview for Barry. Do you guys know how many questions they ask? and if it is chill or more to the serious end?

The number of questions is dictated by your responses and control of the interview. Most, if not, all podiatry school interviews are chill, but I was more nervous than usual because it was my first one. One thing that was unique about Barry was that they will give you a questionnaire prior to the interview. You will also complete a personality test the day before as well.

Hey! Will be there on the 16th but I already booked hotel. My mom wanted to come along for the trip lol so I couldn’t use their free accommodations. But I will probably see you at the interview on the 16th!
Oh Awesome! Congrats! looking forward to seeing you there!

Hey friends! Does anyone know how long it takes for Temple to offer an interview (or in general let you know that they have received your application)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Has anyone received any interview invites from Scholl yet?
I just received an interview from Scholl yesterday. I talked with the admissions rep earlier in the day and they really stress that it takes a long time (up to 4 weeks) to review the application.

I just received an interview from Scholl yesterday. I talked with the admissions rep earlier in the day and they really stress that it takes a long time (up to 4 weeks) to review the application.

hey thanks for the reply!! I just received my invite yesterday too!

When I applied 2 years ago, I got II the same day I submitted my app.

My app was verified 3 weeks ago and I have not heard from Kent, NYCPM, or Scholl (other than confirmations that my app was received). Is this a good time to reach out or should I just be patient/assume I am being waitlisted at this point?

Cumulative Gpa: 3.51
Science Gpa: 3.02
Mcat: 489
Interview: already interviewed and it went AMAZING!

What are my possibilities of getting into Barry?

Cumulative Gpa: 3.51
Science Gpa: 3.02
Mcat: 489
Interview: already interviewed and it went AMAZING!

What are my possibilities of getting into Barry?

I got the call the same day of my interview so it depends on if they like your overall app.

You got an uphill battle if you get in. good luck!

I got the call the same day of my interview so it depends on if they like your overall app.

You got an uphill battle if you get in. good luck!
When I interviewed I did not have my mcat scores. I just sent them today. Do you know how long it takes for them to receive it?

Hello everyone! I'm new to SDN. I just got accepted to MWU and DMU. I'm having a hard time choosing between them. I loved both of my interviews. Any advice?

Hello everyone! I'm new to SDN. I just got accepted to MWU and DMU. I'm having a hard time choosing between them. I loved both of my interviews. Any advice?

Choose one that: costs less (total coa for 4 years), is in a location/area that you like and can survive, and if one is closer to your family (if you like living around them that is).

You can also search here and see if anything specific was talked about those two programs!

Anyone received any update from NYCPM or TUSPM?
Applied mid August for the January program at NYCPM, interviewed last Thursday..just waiting on the admissions decision now

Applied mid August for the January program at NYCPM, interviewed last Thursday..just waiting on the admissions decision now
Hey! Interviewing at NYCPM next week for the Fall Program. How was the interview?

I'd like to know as well, interviewing next week too
Interviews are pretty straightforward in terms of questions asked. Might be 2 on 1 like mine was. Know answers for any possible flags in application because they will likely ask.

Hey! Interviewing at NYCPM next week for the Fall Program. How was the interview?
Really chill. You have an interview with 2 faculty and then another interview with 2 upper class student physicians. Best advice I can give is 1) be yourself, it’s really really chill. Show off your personality 2) be able to explain any shortcomings in terms of bad grades or a low MCAT 3) have a reason you want to do Podiatric medicine specifically 4) if you’re not from the nyc area be able to explain why you want to go to school in NYC and if you think you’ll be able to handle all the distractions in such a vibrant area.
I interviewed 9/5 and was accepted 9/12
Good luck!

UPDATE: Accepted into NYCPM’s January program. I will be attending! If anyone needs interview tips or questions feel free to reach out to me

Really chill. You have an interview with 2 faculty and then another interview with 2 upper class student physicians. Best advice I can give is 1) be yourself, it’s really really chill. Show off your personality 2) be able to explain any shortcomings in terms of bad grades or a low MCAT 3) have a reason you want to do Podiatric medicine specifically 4) if you’re not from the nyc area be able to explain why you want to go to school in NYC and if you think you’ll be able to handle all the distractions in such a vibrant area.
I interviewed 9/5 and was accepted 9/12
Good luck!
Thanks! and congrats!

Got accepted into CSPM- Samuel Merritt and Temple so far! Waiting on Kent state and NYCPM. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with regarding the interview.

When I applied 2 years ago, I got II the same day I submitted my app.

Did you end up going to Scholl?
I really like Temple and was accepted recently, and as of now plan to go.
However, I do have interviews for Scholl and DMU, and I know it'll cost a lot to fly there.
What do you think about the three schools?

Did you end up going to Scholl?
I really like Temple and was accepted recently, and as of now plan to go.
However, I do have interviews for Scholl and DMU, and I know it'll cost a lot to fly there.
What do you think about the three schools?
I only know about Scholl and DMU. I only applied to these two schools. Got accepted at both and chose the latter. Both are great schools. I had a good impression of everything I got to know about Scholl as well as during interview day.

DMU has great reputation, especially among DO programs, having one of the highest acceptance stats, COMLEX and APMLE stats, grad and match rates. Everything is great from facilities, faculty, people, general atmosphere, scheduling, courses, area, living cost and of course full size Gym with basketball court and inside track. What else can you wish for? The feeling I have about this school is that everything is so well organized and structured with student and students success in mind. Really have nothing negative to say. There are virtual tour videos on youtube about DMU.
A lot has been renovated and is renovated on a regular basis. Everything is up to date. Btw, in 2023, DMU will have a new location. They are building new university campus from scratch in a larger area.

I am sure other schools are great as well. People tend to speak well about Temple here, but that is everything I know about it.

Accepted to Kent! Interviewed at NYCPM today and interviewing at Temple on Friday, fingers crossed!

Edit: Apparently I got an acceptance to Kent without submitting my letters of recommendation, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , goddamn committee letter.....

Last edited:
Accepted to Kent! Interviewed at NYCPM today and interviewing at Temple on Friday, fingers crossed!

Edit: Apparently I got an acceptance to Kent without submitting my letters of recommendation, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , goddamn committee letter.....
Congrats! When did u have interview at Kent?

How long does it usually take to hear vack after interview?
I am soooo nervous cannot sleep well lol