AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, does the application portal screen out automatically or does a human see your app?

Depends on the school. Temple has a screen for MCAT. It's possible to get auto-denied. Can't speak for other schools

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Depends on the school. Temple has a screen for MCAT. It's possible to get auto-denied. Can't speak for other schools

got you, I ask because I retook some classes, maybe they would take that into consideration when looking at apps.

got you, I ask because I retook some classes, maybe they would take that into consideration when looking at apps.

You can always email the coordinators at a program and let them know of any recent updates for your application, so everyone is on the same page.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question about a failed pre-requisite course. I know if you retake a course at a different institution it does not count as a retake. However, I did receive an A in the course when I did retake it at a different institution and the institution I transferred it to (my main institution) accepted it. I was wondering if the pre-requisite will still count since I technically did retake the class at a different school, but it isn't considered a repeat.

it should be fine

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): cumulative 3.73, science 3.66
2. MCAT Score: 490 (didn’t study, worked full time)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Hospital volunteering, Health Scholar program, multiple MD shadowing, 12 hours DPM shadowing, lots of leadership roles in undergrad, undergrad research, children’s ministry leader, work in research for 2 years post-grad
4. # of programs applied to: 4. NYCPM, CSPM, WesternU, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Denied from NYCPM lol I could tell they didn’t like me right away during the interview.
Accepted: CSPM (5k), WesternU
Cancelled interview with Scholl
6. Attending program: WesternU (yay first choice since I’m from SoCal)

I was pretty worried considering the low MCAT, but glad it all worked out. Super excited to be going to WesternU! :)

Reactions: 4 users
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Hospital volunteering, Health Scholar program, multiple MD shadowing, 12 hours DPM shadowing, lots of leadership roles in undergrad, undergrad research, children’s ministry leader, work in research for 2 years post-grad
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Denied from NYCPM lol I could tell they didn’t like me right away during the interview.

I was pretty worried considering the low MCAT, but glad it all worked out. Super excited to be going to WesternU! :)

CONGRATS!!!! I'll see you next summer :)

Wait what happened with NY if you don’t mind me asking?

Wait what happened with NY if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi! I don’t mind :)

I was interviewed by two admissions faculty members. It was my first interview so I was also more nervous. One of them right off the bat asked me why my MCAT was so low. It was pretty obvious they just didn’t like my answer. They asked if I just didn’t understand concepts when I was taking classes in my undergrad and if that’s why I did poorly on the MCAT. They grilled me on the MCAT for a while lol. From there I think I was just flustered and probably messed up on any other questions they asked me. Towards the end of the interview they went back to the MCAT topic and one of the faculty members mentioned they were having a really hard time accepting that someone with my GPA could do so poorly on the MCAT. I just knew It was going to be a rejection at that point...

It was definitely discouraging, even though NYCPM wasn’t my first choice. The denial is understandable though since my MCAT is low & it just made me extra prepared for future interviews lol

CSPM also asked the same question and I gave the same answer, but they seemed very satisfied and the topic was dropped quickly. The rest of the interview was positive as well.

WesternU mentioned the high GPA, and didn’t even ask about my MCAT. This interview definitely went the best out of the 3 lol.

So if anyone is in the same boat as I was, and wants to attend NYCPM, make sure you are ready for those MCAT questions! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
1. cGPA: 2.90, sGPA: 2.90. Chemistry B.S.
2. MCAT 505
3. ~170 hours volunteering in low income pediatric dental office, ~50 vol. hours in medical intensive care unit at large university hospital. ~100 Hours of COVID-19 screening at university hospital when volunteering was shut down. 25 hours of DPM shadowing with 4 different doctors. 2 years of cancer research doing my own projects, cited author in the soon to be published manuscript. 1 year of undergraduate research in computational chemistry interested in CO2 reduction.
4. Applied to all 9
5. Denied from Temple and Kent State, Waitlisted at AZ. Invited to interview but turned down Western, NYCPM, and Barry. Accepted to CSPM ($5k), RFU ($7.5k) and DMU ($5k)
6. Attending DMU, overall very impressed with the program at DMU.

*Note: From Iowa so slightly partial. RFU was a close 2nd (didn't like the campus/North Chicago area) and CSPM would of been a more serious consideration if the cost of living in SOCAL was not so high.

Reactions: 5 users
I was looking at the AACPMAS grade value chart and I have a quick question. AACPMAS Grade Values Chart

My school does a system where we have + grades but no minus. A= 4.0 B+ = 3.5 B=3 C+ =2,5 C=2.

Going off the AACPMAS, if i enter B+ letter grade conversion, its a 3.3, which will significantly lower my GPA lol. Do I type AB instead or do the US number grade conversion and just input 3.5

Shout out to Dr wolf for being awesome and taking me through these 2 months. Stay motivated PRe PODS!! you got this!!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
1. GPAs: Undergrad cGPA 3.01 sGPA 2.71 S.M.P sGPA 3.97 Final overall GPA's -> cGPA 3.17 sGPA 3.04
2. MCAT Score:
492 (a lot of unfortunate issues arose past 3 months before test date wasn't able to study, CARS carried me surprisingly)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 20 hours podiatrist (Wanted to get around 80hrs but covid limited that) Shadowed and volunteered at multiple MD clinics working with underserved, low income, immigrant families.
4. # of programs applied to
Barry, Kent, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
All 3
6. Attending program: Scholl!
It was my #1 choice mainly due to location and I'm extremely fortunate to be attending there for the Class of 2025. I was surprised they accepted me because I thought the interview went terrible compared to Barry and Kent, but I got the most scholarship money from them as well. Also found out after getting accepted they didn't receive 2 of my letters of rec because they came through Interfolio 😐

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this is the correct thread to post this question, if not- im sorry.

I submitted my application a few weeks ago but have an MCAT retake scheduled for Jan 15. I've gotten a few interview invites and already completed two. As of today, I've been denied from both (NYCPM & Samuel Merritt). It seems like they didn't wait for my retake score and made a decision based off my first score. I felt like the interviews went okay but of course they could have just not liked me I guess. In both interviews we discussed the first score and I mentioned that I had a retake planned for January, am I supposed to ask the schools to wait for my retake score before making a decision or something? Is that even allowed? I'm kinda freaking out I'm gonna get denied from all of them before having a chance to show that I've improved :(

It would help if you waited for the new scores before attending interviews. Your GPAs are the issue; you do not want to start Pod school with those stats, will be tough to make it to sem 2. Focus on killing the MCAT instead; if you score 500+, you have a shot somewhere. A program has the right to either reject or place a student's file on hold awaiting a newer score.

Don't attend any more interviews until you have a better, newer score

I submitted my application a few weeks ago but have an MCAT retake scheduled for Jan 15. I've gotten a few interview invites and already completed two. As of today, I've been denied from both (NYCPM & Samuel Merritt). It seems like they didn't wait for my retake score and made a decision based off my first score. I felt like the interviews went okay but of course they could have just not liked me I guess. In both interviews we discussed the first score and I mentioned that I had a retake planned for January, am I supposed to ask the schools to wait for my retake score before making a decision or something? Is that even allowed? I'm kinda freaking out I'm gonna get denied from all of them before having a chance to show that I've improved :(
cGPA: 2.86 sGPA: 2.64

That is your problem. Not your MCAT scores. Get real. Coming from someone who applied with retakes similar to your scores.

Stop kidding around. This is not med school Lite. You can and will fail out with those GPAs if you do not start taking this s***t seriously. They did you a service by not admitting you because they know you aren't ready.

Dexter was nice enough to allude to it without pulling up your GPAs. There is no getting around this.

If you got angry reading this- good. Get real and wake up. You have what it takes to do well, but you need to make some serious changes to your grades, study habits, discipline, and expectations of what it takes to get in and STAY in podiatry school.

I have an interview at TUSPM scheduled for Friday and one for Barry on Monday. I already completed the Kira assessment for DMU but have the faculty/ student panel scheduled next Friday. Do you recommend I reach out to each school and ask to reschedule for February when I receive results?

Given the recent rejections, I think you should wait until you receive the new scores. Rather than traveling and spending your time on interviews, IMO, you should rather study for the MCAT.

Hi, thanks for being frank. I majorly screwed up early on in my undergrad career, no doubt about it but for the last 2 years had much better grades. When I originally posted those stats, I tried calculating my GPA on my own using some GPA calculator and screwed up. After submitting my app, according to AACPMAS my cGPA is 2.93 and sGPA is 2.89. I'm aware it's still not good but just wanted to clarify.

Those stats are better than what you stated before, but if you got 2 rejections from them, then maybe there is an issue with your interview skills, in addition to GPA issues. But like I said above, the MCAT comes first, then you can work on other fixtures as needed. Good luck.

I didn't know where else to ask this question, but does the application portal accept Interfolio deliveries for letters of rec/evaluations? I requested yesterday and still nothing.

I didn't know where else to ask this question, but does the application portal accept Interfolio deliveries for letters of rec/evaluations? I requested yesterday and still nothing.

This thread is for the 20-21 cycle and the acceptance stats...so any question related to the application process to getting an acceptance can be asked here.

Getting a LOR to interfolio takes time but yes it is accepted:

cGPA: 2.86 sGPA: 2.64

Even with those stats and your MCAT, you should have been accepted. There are people with lower GPA getting accepted in this forum apparently. As far as I know, if they invited you for an interview, they like you enough based on your current stats. Did something go wrong during the interview? What questions were you asked? NYCPM can get unpleasant during interviews so I understand their rejection to some extent, but not Samuel Merritt. They were very friendly and chilled when I interviewed two years ago.

I was unable to send my letters from interfolio directly to aacmpas because they ask for questions like "how long have you known the person you are recommending" which interfolio cannot fill out. I just reached out to the admissions office for each school through email/phone as most of them will accept it directly emailed to their admissions email through interfolio. Make sure if you get an interview that they have received and looked at your letters though as one of the schools didn't for me.

Sorry, those GPAs were posted in error when I tried to calculate them myself. My verified GPAs are cGPA: 2.93 and sGPA: 2.89.

Yeah the NYCPM interview was a little off-putting. One of the interviewers kept talking over me when I was answering his questions which was kind of frustrating but I didn't let it show. I think they didn't really like my explanation of why the low GPA. As for the Samuel Merritt interview, I'm not sure what happened. I felt it went really well and actually really like the faculty and students I interviewed with. When I gave my explanation for my GPA, one of the interviewers thanked me for giving such a well, thought out answer so I thought I did good. I also sent thank you emails to the students and faculty. Not sure what went wrong, I just figured they went with someone with betters stats.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I understand how frustrating it can be. Hopefully, you will get an acceptance. Maybe you can contact NYCPM and Samuel Meritt and ask them what went wrong so that you can improve yourself for your next interview? I mean the worst thing they will do is hang up on you but it's not gonna affect your chances at other schools.

My first post on this website! Shout-out to @DexterMorganSK for all of his hard work in keeping us informed. I really appreciate all the valuable information you facilitate on this site.

1. cumulativeGPA: 3.801, scienceGPA: 3.62, nonscience-GPA: 3.96; Psychology Major/Biology Minor
2. Have not taken the MCAT; scheduled to take the MCAT in January but schools have expressed interest in accepting without the score, due to COVID restrictions
3. 50+ hours shadowing 3 different podiatrists; 50+ hours shadowing an ER doctor; 50+ hours shadowing a mental health care nurse at an Geriatric facility; minimal volunteer experience (only some volunteering done to promote Buddhist temple programs), a lot of job experience (dish-washing, hall-serving, restaurant host, etc.), 3 separate jobs as an academy teacher, some leadership and administrative positions (president of tennis club, head manager of current business, chief host of restaurant), personal statement that was rigorously written and edited professionally
4. Applied to all 9 schools; please wish me luck (fingers crossed!!)
5. Invited to interview at 6 schools; I am still waiting on replies from the remaining schools: Western U (top choice), Midwestern U (2nd choice), and Scholl
6. To be decided. I will update this post when I'm all finished.

I hope I'm successful in my journey along this career path :eek:

Glad to help. Your stats are excellent; focus on killing the MCAT unless you get accepted without it. Good luck!

My first post on this website! Shout-out to @DexterMorganSK for all of his hard work in keeping us informed. I really appreciate all the valuable information you facilitate on this site.

1. cumulativeGPA: 3.801, scienceGPA: 3.62, nonscience-GPA: 3.96; Psychology Major/Biology Minor
2. Have not taken the MCAT; scheduled to take the MCAT in January but schools have expressed interest in accepting without the score, due to COVID restrictions
3. 50+ hours shadowing 3 different podiatrists; 50+ hours shadowing an ER doctor; 50+ hours shadowing a mental health care nurse at an Geriatric facility; minimal volunteer experience (only some volunteering done to promote Buddhist temple programs), a lot of job experience (dish-washing, hall-serving, restaurant host, etc.), 3 separate jobs as an academy teacher, some leadership and administrative positions (president of tennis club, head manager of current business, chief host of restaurant), personal statement that was rigorously written and edited professionally
4. Applied to all 9 schools; please wish me luck (fingers crossed!!)
5. Invited to interview at 6 schools; I am still waiting on replies from the remaining schools: Western U (top choice), Midwestern U (2nd choice), and Scholl
6. To be decided. I will update this post when I'm all finished.

I hope I'm successful in my journey along this career path :eek:

I think that's pretty cool, actually.

1. cGPA: 3.17 sGPA: 2.89 (Biology major/Business minor)
2. MCAT Scores: 04/2019 - 484, 01/2020 - 486, 09/2020 - 498
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 48 shadowing hours, 100+ hospital volunteering hours, ~2000 church volunteering hours, college student ministry org leadership, freshman research project, & worked as a grade school tutor.
4. # of programs applied to: 9
5. Denied from Temple, WesternU (post-interview, could tell they did not like me almost immediately lol) & Scholl (post-interview, this one surprised me but not too down about it); Waitlisted from AZ (eventually got interview invite but it came in after I committed to CSPM) & DMU (post-interview); Cancelled interview from NYCPM; accepted to Kent ($2500/1st yr), CSPM ($5000/yr), & Barry ($5000/yr)
6. Attending program: CSPM! I knew immediately this was the program for me for multiple reasons and had an AMAZING interview.
P.S. Don't give up! This was my 2nd time applying to pod school after being rejected from every program last year. Work hard and enjoy the process:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
1. cGPA: 3.17 sGPA: 2.89 (Biology major/Business minor)
2. MCAT Scores: 04/2019 - 484, 01/2020 - 486, 09/2020 - 498
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 48 shadowing hours, 100+ hospital volunteering hours, ~2000 church volunteering hours, student ministry org leadership, freshman research project, & worked as a grade school tutor.
4. # of programs applied to: 9
5. Denied from Temple, WesternU (post-interview, could tell they did not like me almost immediately lol) & Scholl (post-interview, this one surprised me but not too down about it); Waitlisted from AZ (eventually got interview invite but it came in after I committed to CSPM) & DMU (post-interview); Cancelled interview from NYCPM; accepted to Kent ($2500/1st yr), CSPM ($5000/yr), & Barry ($5000/yr)
6. Attending program: CSPM! I knew immediately this was the program for me for multiple reasons and had an AMAZING interview.
P.S. Don't give up! This was my 2nd time applying to pod school after being rejected from every program last year. Work hard and enjoy the process:)

Nice job improving the MCAT score; anyone with a low score should follow your work ethics. Good luck!

I am planning to apply in end of December or January after finals and was wondering if class sizes were almost getting filled up. Is there less or more applicants this year. Kind of nervous because I am planning on retaking mcat in January and now have a c 3.22 and a s 3.04

Hi I just saw this post and wanted to say something..

I am a first year podiatry school student (at DMU) and my stats were terrible from undergrad. I had around a 3.0 cGPA and I think my science was somewhere around 2.8 with a MCAT score of 488. I screwed up in undergrad, and knew I needed to do a lot to make up for it. That meant working at a hospital for 2 years, lots of shadowing, getting in touch with the right podiatrist who wrote me an excellent LOR, among other things.

DMU was the only school that even offered me an interview, and I knew I had to blow it out of the park. I practiced for my interview for almost 20 hours even though I only had two days to prepare. I was waitlisted at DMU in February and didn't get accepted until early July (classes started three weeks later).

My point is it's possible to get in even with bad stats. If this is something you're passionate about then you have to prove you're capable of succeeding at their school. I just saw some negative posts relating to this and felt I needed to say something.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

I am planning to apply in end of December or January after finals and was wondering if class sizes were almost getting filled up. Is there less or more applicants this year. Kind of nervous because I am planning on retaking mcat in January and now have a c 3.22 and a s 3.04

Focus on doing well on the MCAT. We won't know the application's stats until the cycle closes.

Medical school applications (MD/DO) are up by about 15%, so I've heard. I am not sure how that's affecting the DPM cycle. Making the cycle easier for applicants (waiving MCAT, virtual interviews, etc.) only serves to encourage more applications.

I know Temple has a screening for MCAT anyone aware if they have a screening for GPA?

1. GPAs cumulative: 2.87 science: 2.61 (biology major)
2. MCAT Score: 494
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: I work in a Podiatry office as a MA and have over 1000 hours. I was in the pre-pt club and pre-health care professionals club. I did tons of community service like volunteer soccer coaching and volunteering in a food bank
4. # of programs applied to: 6, Barry, Temple, NYCPM, DMU, Kent, Western
5. accepted to NYCPM waiting to find out more info on scholarship
6. Attending program: NYCPM, its close to home, has a great clinic, was my 1st pick so it worked out pretty well for me. I know my stats are not that great but in the interview I was able to explain how I struggled with time management and had some health issues during undergrad. I finished strong and my last semester gpa was a 3.9. They loved how much clinical experience I had and could sense my passion for podiatry. So if your stats are not the greatest like mine, don't count yourself out and take a chance.

Reactions: 6 users
Did you ever hear back from those other schools?

Did you ever hear back from those other schools?
yea I was rejected from the rest that I applied too, I spoke to some schools and they advised of some changes I could make to increase my chances of getting an interview this year but I got in to Nycpm and that's the school I wanted to go to any way so I was happy with the outcome.

yea I was rejected from the rest that I applied too, I spoke to some schools and they advised of some changes I could make to increase my chances of getting an interview this year but I got in to Nycpm and that's the school I wanted to go to any way so I was happy with the outcome.
What were some of things they said you should do?

What were some of things they said you should do?
one recommended that I take 3 more science classes get A's in them and that would give me like a 90% chance of getting an interview for the same year. They said if I did another year of classes I would have a 99.99% chance of interviewing, they didn't care if it was as a post-bac or masters.

With the master's, they would have expected you to FINISH the master's by matriculation though, correct? Don't any of these schools offer SMP?

-----

By the way, just curious, but what is the typical post-interview acceptance rate at these programs? I know with DO it is about 50-80%. Is it higher with DPM due to less applicants overall? Can you assume that once you get interviewed, that you are most likely getting in (not counting if an applicant comes across as a weirdo during the interview)?

It just seems that most people with competitive stats are getting accepted to every program they interview at.

• Hmm
By the way, just curious, but what is the typical post-interview acceptance rate at these programs? I know with DO it is about 50-80%. Is it higher with DPM due to less applicants overall? Can you assume that once you get interviewed, that you are most likely getting in (not counting if an applicant comes across as a weirdo during the interview)?

It just seems that most people with competitive stats are getting accepted to every program they interview at.

"For the 2020-21 academic year, 1006 individuals applied to at least one of the nine podiatric medical schools. A total of 679 first year students entered into study in the fall of 2020. Women made up 504 (50%) of the applicants and 342 (50%) of matriculating students in 2020"

So roughly 67.5% overall matriculation rate, meaning there's most likely a much higher post-II acceptance rate. In other words, it's very likely that you will get accepted (so long as you don't act weird) if you get an interview invitation. Would you say that is a correct assumption?

Also, are the schools adding more seats? AACPM states that there are roughly 500-600 seats, but there were 679 matriculants for the 2020-2021 cycle. I have not seen much data, but are schools still having trouble filling all of their seats?

So roughly 67.5% overall matriculation rate, meaning there's most likely a much higher post-II acceptance rate. In other words, it's very likely that you will get accepted (so long as you don't act weird) if you get an interview invitation. Would you say that is a correct assumption?

Also, are the schools adding more seats? AACPM states that there are roughly 500-600 seats, but there were 679 matriculants for the 2020-2021 cycle. I have not seen much data, but are schools still having trouble filling all of their seats?
- Yes. If you get an interview invite, chances are your acceptance isn't that far away. Not that hard to get in.

-Some schools have added seats so they can become an official "School" and not a "College". Midwestern recently became their own school.

No, schools do not have trouble filling seats.
There is not enough demand to justify even adding seats.
A new school just opened up in Texas.

You seem to ask a lot of questions just for the sake of asking questions.

What is your goal in this forum?

Does anyone know temple is waiving the MCAT on a case by case basis? I have reached out to a few other schools like NYCPM,Kent, DMU, etc said they would due to increased covid restrictions. Temple's answer was confusing to me, they said they would waive it on a case by case basis, but then said they are taking the MCAT next year because it will be given. I then asked if they meant this cycle or the next and they just said yes, so I was not exactly sure what they meant. I'm trying to get a test date but I'm just worried about restrictions as we get further into winter and the statement released that we will only have our confirmed test date 3-4 weeks out. Thanks!

- Yes. If you get an interview invite, chances are your acceptance isn't that far away. Not that hard to get in.

-Some schools have added seats so they can become an official "School" and not a "College". Midwestern recently became their own school.

Just curious, you know any updates on this?

edit: Is no one protesting this, like the ACFAS?

Last edited:
Does anyone know temple is waiving the MCAT on a case by case basis? I have reached out to a few other schools like NYCPM,Kent, DMU, etc said they would due to increased covid restrictions. Temple's answer was confusing to me, they said they would waive it on a case by case basis, but then said they are taking the MCAT next year because it will be given. I then asked if they meant this cycle or the next and they just said yes, so I was not exactly sure what they meant. I'm trying to get a test date but I'm just worried about restrictions as we get further into winter and the statement released that we will only have our confirmed test date 3-4 weeks out. Thanks!

If your GPAs are competitive, then you have a shot without a score with Temple, or at least that's what it seems from the above.
Call them again and try speaking to the Dean about this, it's better to get an answer from a few different ppl.

If your GPAs are competitive, then you have a shot without a score with Temple, or at least that's what it seems from the above.
Call them again and try speaking to the Dean about this, it's better to get an answer from a few different ppl.
thanks for the response. Sent an email to Dean Martin so I will update with what response I get.

What's my goal in this forum? Career planning. I am seriously planning to apply DPM, although I am torn between applying this year or next year. I have some DPM schools in mind that I would really love to attend, but I am also trying to get an idea of how likely I will be accepted should I get an interview to these schools due to my unique background and unique situation. Traveling to interviews is also really expensive, and I don't have a lot of cash lying around due to my socioeconomic status (besides paying the tuition deposit, which I do have). Hence why I am torn between applying this year (even though it's a little late in the cycle) when there are virtual interviews or applying next year.

Some schools have told me that they value volunteer experience, which I have, but "adequate volunteer experience" is subjective and can vary from school to school and depending on program (MD, DO, etc.). Hence why I have asked about extracurriculars. I can't just ask the school if it is adequate or not because they tell me just to apply and see. I hate going into something unprepared, hence why I ask questions on an anonymous forum.

So far I have done about 40 hours of shadowing with multiple DPMs. One is a strictly surgical DPM, one does only nails and calluses as well as the occasional nail removal, one does a mixture of both. Enough to get me interested in the profession.

What's my goal in this forum? Career planning. I am seriously planning to apply DPM, although I am torn between applying this year or next year. I have some DPM schools in mind that I would really love to attend, but I am also trying to get an idea of how likely I will be accepted should I get an interview to these schools due to my unique background and unique situation. Traveling to interviews is also really expensive, and I don't have a lot of cash lying around due to my socioeconomic status (besides paying the tuition deposit, which I do have). Hence why I am torn between applying this year (even though it's a little late in the cycle) when there are virtual interviews or applying next year.

Some schools have told me that they value volunteer experience, which I have, but "adequate volunteer experience" is subjective and can vary from school to school and depending on program (MD, DO, etc.). Hence why I have asked about extracurriculars. I can't just ask the school if it is adequate or not because they tell me just to apply and see. I hate going into something unprepared, hence why I ask questions on an anonymous forum.

So far I have done about 40 hours of shadowing with multiple DPMs. One is a strictly surgical DPM, one does only nails and calluses as well as the occasional nail removal, one does a mixture of both. Enough to get me interested in the profession.

Apply now; do the interviews through Zoom, no need to travel. Or only apply to programs that are doing virtual interviews.
You have a higher chance of being accepted this year vs. in the next cycle, imo.

Hence why I am torn between applying this year (even though it's a little late in the cycle) when there are virtual interviews or applying next year.
What Dexter said.
Majority if not all interviews are being done virtually. It'd save you money on flights, rental, food.

Apply now; do the interviews through Zoom, no need to travel. Or only apply to programs that are doing virtual interviews.
You have a higher chance of being accepted this year vs. in the next cycle, imo.
Why is there a higher chance of being accepted this cycle then next?