AADSAS-Premed/predental major??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artsyme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AADSAS form where it tells you to fill out your colleges attended, i see a degree for "premed" and "predental". is that an actual/official degree? or does it just refer to taking your prehealth reqs at that school?
i'm pretty sure i dont list it under my 2nd Major for 1st degree, but just wanna make sure.

Members don't see this ad.

On the AADSAS form where it tells you to fill out your colleges attended, i see a degree for "premed" and "predental". is that an actual/official degree? or does it just refer to taking your prehealth reqs at that school?
i'm pretty sure i dont list it under my 2nd Major for 1st degree, but just wanna make sure.

Is your bachelors degree going to say Degree Earned Predental?
I dont think so, then no dont put that down.
Unless your degree says Predental.

Members don't see this ad :)

actually some schools have such thing....
its designed for kids that are straight out of high school and have less than 52 college credits.... In my school its called "pre-med"... Im not sure if its an actual degree in something but they gear you up for MCAT / medical school's.... I applied to get in and was rejected becuase I already had a B.S degree and about 130 credits hehehe

PChem Grad, I totally love you. You answered a question that was bothering me all day that I just posted about. I KNEW there wasn't such a thing as a pre dental major or degree, but I couldn't figure out why the hell it was on there. Now I see it's for a very specific type of program. Thank you! You have removed the obstruction from my AADSAS completion process. I had total AADSAS block and couldn't fill out anything because x depends on y depends on z etc.

Also: Does it look bad that I will be listing, for my two post-bac schools, "Non Degree, No major"???? I'm taking random sciences and humanities for pre-dent/enjoyment and they really can't be categorized.

Also-- will classes classified as "post-B.S. undergrad" by me still be counted in my entier undergrad GPA? I really hope so.

Thanks.