Aamc 11 #20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

typicalindian

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel pretty dumb for asking this but anyways...

65T2x.png


why is the value for area 5.0x10^-4? Don't they tell you that the cross sectional area is 5.0 cm...which should be 5.0x10^-2m..no?
 
I got this one wrong too! Didn't even think about it- just glanced at the answer and figured I'd made a stupid calculation error. Now that you've pointed it out, yeah, what gives!?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Always had a hard time with this. It helps to write it out a few times until you get used to it.

(5cm^2)*(10^-2m/cm) = 5*10-2cm*m

(5*10^-2cm*m)*(10^-2m/cm) = 5*10^-4m^2