• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The finches observed by Darwin on the Galapagos Islands are an example of adaptive ratiation. In order to set up conditions that would produce adaptive radiation, it would be necessary to place members of:"

A. One species in one rapidly changing environment
B. One species in several different environments
C. Several very similar species in the same environment
D. Several unlike species in one environment to compete for the same resources

Answer: B

This was a discrete and I had no idea what "adaptive radiation" meant. Is there any place that you guys know of where we can get a list of definitions for terms like these for evolution?

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm surprised you don't know about Darwin's finches. I knew about this from bio classes in undergrad. I thought this was a textbook classic. I guess not.

I knew he did something with finches. I sorta slept through bio during freshman year :rolleyes:

About the Ads

movax

Jun 30, 2009
Valeria
Status (Visible)
The finches observed by Darwin on the Galapagos Islands are an example of adaptive ratiation. In order to set up conditions that would produce adaptive radiation, it would be necessary to place members of:"

A. One species in one rapidly changing environment
B. One species in several different environments
C. Several very similar species in the same environment
D. Several unlike species in one environment to compete for the same resources

Answer: B

This was a discrete and I had no idea what "adaptive radiation" meant. Is there any place that you guys know of where we can get a list of definitions for terms like these for evolution?

It's on the MCAT BS content outline, Evolution->A (Evolution)->2 (Speciation)->c (Adapation and Specialization), I think. That's where it would slot in, I'd think.

Or process of elimination would lead you B as well.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.