This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr.IceHockey

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. So I just did the first Q pack for CARs from AAMC. I got a 71% average accuracy, which for the first Q pack is decent I think(??).

But, my question is, how can I maximize my time when reviewing the answers I got wrong? Its not like C/P where I can review a concept and go "oh, I needed to know that formula, let me do a few practice problems testing that".

What I am asking is, when I am reviewing, how can I understand why I got the question wrong and move on, besides just trying to memorize the question explanations.
 
Try to identify patterns in what kind of questions you got wrong. For example, do you get a lot of those "reasoning beyond the text" questions wrong? Or do you miss questions that ask you to pick out a detail in the text? etc.
But yeah, that's an alright score, don't worry too much.
 
Try to identify patterns in what kind of questions you got wrong. For example, do you get a lot of those "reasoning beyond the text" questions wrong? Or do you miss questions that ask you to pick out a detail in the text? etc.
But yeah, that's an alright score, don't worry too much.
Okay wait, now I have a question: how do I improve for each question type?