AAMC FL 2 Scored C/P #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. To Be

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning. I had a hard time understanding this passage, hence I got simple questions wrong. Is it saying because there is greater florescence when the peptide bond hydrolyzes, AMC would attach itself at siteI(where the peptide was broken)? The answer choices are I, II, III and IV. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 364
yeah it's basically asking where does the bond between amc and Y break. since you know they are attached by a peptide bond, which means the peptide chain attaches to the amino group of the next amino acid( that's why an amino acid runs from the N-terminal to the C-terminal), the covalent attachment is at site 1. i hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah it's basically asking where does the bond between amc and Y break. since you know they are attached by a peptide bond, which means the peptide chain attaches to the amino group of the next amino acid( that's why an amino acid runs from the N-terminal to the C-terminal), the covalent attachment is at site 1. i hope that makes sense.
It does! Thank you. I overthought the heck out of this question!