AAMC Sample Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

little_giant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall :D
When we get an expected and guaranteed range for the MCAT based on the Sample Test (unscored) results, is this assuming the student took it a week before the real thing?

Im asking because I scored 80%/85%/83%/81% which NS converter translates to a 511 and the reddit excel one gives a predicted 513-516. (Definite 509-520).

I'm still not done with content review and have yet to do section packs and other practice sections (will take AAMC FL 1-3). I have 5 weeks exactly now, so I was wondering whether this conversion is accurate or if since I havent finished content yet and have over a month, it wouldn't be unreasonable to predict a higher score than 516?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If the converter stated you're in that range, I can guarantee you'll be in that range. I think studying could bring it up a few points. I also think you're at a high enough level that you may plateau; that said, if you're filling in knowledge gaps/database gaps and using it right, I think that, combined with your already good test taking ability, you'll go higher.

I didn't believe, but it was dead in the middle when I got my results.

Reactions: 1 user
If the converter stated you're in that range, I can guarantee you'll be in that range. I think studying could bring it up a few points. I also think you're at a high enough level that you may plateau; that said, if you're filling in knowledge gaps/database gaps and using it right, I think that, combined with your already good test taking ability, you'll go higher.

I didn't believe, but it was dead in the middle when I got my results.
Thanks so much. Just to be sure, are you talking about the predicted range or the definite range?