ABC News: Tulsa Shooter Battled Chronic Back Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im pretty sure mitch and baron both have military backgrounds. if you want to compare dick sizes, please PM each other
Happy Veteran's day. Watch your language and attitude. This is unseemly and could be reported.

Members don't see this ad.

That's going to be a thanks, but no thanks from me. I'm sure he did much cooler **** than I have, not trying to argue that. I try to only ever mention it if I'm asked or if it's relevant to the discussion.
I didn't know you were in the military. I knew you worked at the VA though right?

Military service is pertinent to this conversation depending on your job in the military. If you were not within an infantry or special operations billet, it doesn't really matter.

If you were, and you've got real world experience it matters quite a lot.

If you're a psychotic idiot with an AR15 with nothing to live for and you've got no problem losing your life, that's exactly what will happen to you if you try to hit the wrong clinic.

Wide range of ppl in this world. We don't all have the same life experiences or abilities.

Edit - I hate Android phones.

I want to say my opinion on certain guns is changing. I'm not sure how to fix the mass shootings or prevent murder, but I don't believe an 18 yo should own an AR15. You can't even drink yet.

Additionally, private gun sales shouldn't be allowed. There needs to be some form of standard and legitimate background check and a 21 day delay of purchase. The background check should include...I don't know how far to take that TBH. Bump stocks are stupid.

Mandatory training gets iffy, but at the same time in Georgia you can't hunt without a hunting license. My son got his first license at 10 I think. He's been putting venison in our garage freezer for yrs now. I'm for hunting licenses so maybe I'm for some kind of gun license as long as it is kept under $100.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know you were in the military. I knew you worked at the VA though right?

Military service is pertinent to this conversation depending on your job in the military. If you were not within an infantry or special operations billet, it doesn't really matter.

If you were, and you've got real world experience it matters quite a lot.

If you're a psychotic idiot with an AR15 with nothing to live for and you've got no problem losing your life, that's exactly what will happen to you if you try to hit the wrong clinic.

Wide range of ppl in this world. We don't all have the same life experiences or abilities.

That was exactly my point. It was brought up, and has been a popular point, that if we do create more restrictions that there should be a blanket exception for military members. Most military members are not regularly using firearms and are just as likely(if not more) to unsafely use or misuse them as the general population. Those in the military could possibly "test out" if their MOS applies, but granting an exception to SGT Scruffy who sits behind a desk all day just because he's in the military would do nothing to prevent future tragedy with him or his kids who find his unsecure sidearm.

Work for DoD.

That was exactly my point. It was brought up, and has been a popular point, that if we do create more restrictions that there should be a blanket exception for military members. Most military members are not regularly using firearms and are just as likely(if not more) to unsafely use or misuse them as the general population. Those in the military could possibly "test out" if their MOS applies, but granting an exception to SGT Scruffy who sits behind a desk all day just because he's in the military would do nothing to prevent future tragedy with him or his kids who find his unsecure sidearm.

Work for DoD.
I am not at all in favor of a military member being grandfathered in or whatever. Any military member for that matter, no matter the MOS.

Dale Earnhardt has to get a driver's license like everyone else.

credit cards
That’s what I heard too (his grandmothers card…. I doubt he had a $10,000 credit line on his own credit card working at Wendy’s)….but who takes credit cards from a kid for alot of ammo and guns when it’s under a woman’s name? Credit card reform?

We don’t even enforce our current laws. And when we do, the criminals are let go. More federal laws from our current Democrat communist government will only steal more of our freedom and won’t stop future school shootings, especially when they are gun free zones.

Last edited:
The analogy I find most useful is an AR-15 is equivalent to a race car. Race cars are legal to own, but not legal to use on public roads and even on race tracks there are limits to their use and are used solely in highly controlled environments.

I have hard time understanding the need for an AR-15 or other high performance weapon in a private setting.
A Colt 45 or Remington 1918 for personal protection at home if you feel inclined? Sure.
A 22 gauge to go hunting with family/friends? No problem.

I think regulation on where are how these high performance weapons are used could be a decent compromise. It can stay legal to own an AR15 (or equivalent) but they must be kept at a controlled location (i.e. secure gun range) and can only be used at such a place in a controlled setting.

The analogy I find most useful is an AR-15 is equivalent to a race car. Race cars are legal to own, but not legal to use on public roads and even on race tracks there are limits to their use and are used solely in highly controlled environments.

I have hard time understanding the need for an AR-15 or other high performance weapon in a private setting.
A Colt 45 or Remington 1918 for personal protection at home if you feel inclined? Sure.
A 22 gauge to go hunting with family/friends? No problem.

I think regulation on where are how these high performance weapons are used could be a decent compromise. It can stay legal to own an AR15 (or equivalent) but they must be kept at a controlled location (i.e. secure gun range) and can only be used at such a place in a controlled setting.
Who determines my need for an AR15? Colt 45? You mean malt liquor? Who uses a 22 gauge?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Legislation proposed by the Democrats today includes semi automatic weapons as assault rifles. That’s every single handgun. Democrats don’t understand guns. They shouldn’t be allowed to regulate them.

The length of a mile is arbitrary - does that make a mile race unfair?

Everything is arbitrary. It's just where the line is settled and agreed upon. I'm probably wrong. Won't be the last time.

Reactions: 1 users
Legislation proposed by the Democrats today includes semi automatic weapons as assault rifles. That’s every single handgun. Democrats don’t understand guns. They shouldn’t be allowed to regulate them.
You sure that's true on the pistol thing?

The length of a mile is arbitrary - does that make a mile race unfair?

Everything is arbitrary. It's just where the line is settled and agreed upon. I'm probably wrong. Won't be the last time.
The need argument is where I diverge. I don't like that word, need.

That’s what I heard too (his grandmothers card…. I doubt he had a $10,000 credit line on his own credit card working at Wendy’s)….but who takes credit cards from a kid for alot of ammo and guns when it’s under a woman’s name?
Small town Texans, apparently. But our governor has been very proud about loosening restrictions on guns these last few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the asc too?
It's in my bookbag, which is with me everywhere I go. I had a work comp spouse situation that nearly went sideways a few yrs ago. Because of him I do this. In fact, this is to protect my staff more so than to protect me.

funny how there's only one guy here thinking about dick sizes.....but i digress

The US wants to arm Ukrainians....but they want to disarm Russia. They also want to disarm the law abiding American Citizen. And today the Democrats decided to push through a gun grab when they know they will get voted out in November.

do you want to ban cars too?

Maybe not in a blue state where parents are more concerned with gender identity, but in the rest of the country it's pretty normal to train your kids to use a gun, starting from a Daisy rifle and progressing.

Id also like to know how the 18 y/o bought about $9000 worth of guns and magazines and ammo from a Wendys job?

Are you aware that Uvalde, Texas is in Texas?

funny how there's only one guy here thinking about dick sizes.....but i digress

The US wants to arm Ukrainians....but they want to disarm Russia. They also want to disarm the law abiding American Citizen. And today the Democrats decided to push through a gun grab when they know they will get voted out in November.

do you want to ban cars too?

Maybe not in a blue state where parents are more concerned with gender identity, but in the rest of the country it's pretty normal to train your kids to use a gun, starting from a Daisy rifle and progressing.

Id also like to know how the 18 y/o bought about $9000 worth of guns and magazines and ammo from a Wendys job?

in response to a previous post: most guns are not stolen, but bought semi-legally from stores. either someone else purchases it for them, or they get them through dealers that are not exactly following the laws.

---
if you are going to make a nonsensical statement like banning cars, as a counterpoint, here is an article about why people need training before owning a gun:

averaging 27,000 injuries (not deaths) a year. im sure a lot can be traced to poor education regarding guns. and interestingly with regards to your training comment, most of these accidents are in the Southern states, per the article.

---

for every "good" story about a gun owner, there are hundreds of bad ones.

like this one:

or this:

-----
oh, and by the way, a lot of shootings never make the headlines.

heres a thread to keep track of news on shootings up to date: Shootings | Latest News & Updates | AP News

no national report on the 2 ppl shot in Wisconsin Cemetery or the 3 dead (including shooter) in Iowa church...

homicides, and especially suicides are often impulsive events. the tulsa shooter bought a gun 3 hours before the shooting. remind me again why there isnt a mandatory grace period?

Reactions: 9 users
homicides, and especially suicides are often impulsive events. the tulsa shooter bought a gun 3 hours before the shooting. remind me again why there isnt a mandatory grace period?
We live in an instant gratification society that cannot tolerate pain or any distress

Mandatory 3 weeks is a good step in the right direction. Domestic violence is a great example. Neighborhood disputes turning to murder. Etc.

Are you aware that Uvalde, Texas is in Texas?
What’s wild is lurking on the Nextdoor app where people here in Texas have decided that it’s the lack of God in this country that’s to blame for satan school shootings. And the lack of God is apparent all around us because children are learning it’s ok to be gay (happy Pride everyone!) and Biden is ruining the country. So basically this mass shooting is somehow the fault of the liberals.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
it is bc the populace has been led to believe that even tiny, incremental change in gun laws = WE ARE TAKING AWAY ALL YOUR GUNS. just see hyperalgesia's post

"The threats have prompted some facilities to take steps including installing panic buttons, restricting high-risk patients’ access and seating doctors closer to the door than patients. Dr. David Holden, president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association, said it’s also meant reviewing access points to their facilities."

It's in my bookbag, which is with me everywhere I go. I had a work comp spouse situation that nearly went sideways a few yrs ago. Because of him I do this. In fact, this is to protect my staff more so than to protect me.
I have a .40 with me in my backpack as well. It seems like it provides safety or at least peace of mind but when an event unfolds it will be too far away.

What if he was a hunter and wanted to go Shoot a deer today cause he is hungry? 😂

What’s wild is lurking on the Nextdoor app where people here in Texas have decided that it’s the lack of God in this country that’s to blame for satan school shootings. And the lack of God is apparent all around us because children are learning it’s ok to be gay (happy Pride everyone!) and Biden is ruining the country. So basically this mass shooting is somehow the fault of the liberals.
Maybe more the leftish assault on personal responsibility. Anyone know why that kid’s parents weren’t around?

Maybe more the leftish assault on personal responsibility. Anyone know why that kid’s parents weren’t around?
How “around” do you need to be for an 18-year-old?

Reactions: 3 users
I have a .40 with me in my backpack as well. It seems like it provides safety or at least peace of mind but when an event unfolds it will be too far away.
do you and mitch lock your backpacks up during procedure and clinic days?

do you have a lockbox in the car?

How “around” do you need to be for an 18-year-old?
heard mom was a drug addict....ties in with open borders allowing fentanyl to flow in. But it's not about not having a father/parent at 18....it's about the years before he turned 18. And he was distressed somehow with pictures of him wearing woman's makeup. Society as a whole is changing, and only one side is advocating it......if you want to get into generalizations.

Like ive said, this is eerily similar to Venezuela. The govt slowly took more and more power, took away people's right to bear arms, and then allowed criminals to run rampant terrorizing the cities against an unarmed population.

• Hmm
My first day working with a private attending in fellowship, we were sitting in the back office area of the tiny hospital he worked out of and he was talking and talking as we waited for turnover. He grabs his backpack and pulls out his full size Glock .40 and sweeps my chest and head.

• Angry
  • Wow
I wonder what Jesus would say about these rifle wielding ******

heard mom was a drug addict....ties in with open borders allowing fentanyl to flow in. But it's not about not having a father/parent at 18....it's about the years before he turned 18. And he was distressed somehow with pictures of him wearing woman's makeup. Society as a whole is changing, and only one side is advocating it......if you want to get into generalizations.

Like ive said, this is eerily similar to Venezuela. The govt slowly took more and more power, took away people's right to bear arms, and then allowed criminals to run rampant terrorizing the cities against an unarmed population.
Wtf? How is wearing makeup a sign of distress??

Wtf? How is wearing make up a sign of distress??
Boys didn’t usually wear make up. If you don’t like the word “distressed somehow” then ill use a less offensive word for you. “Confused” work for you?

Boys don’t usually wear make up. If you don’t like the word “distressed somehow” then ill use a less offensive word for you. “Confused” work for you?
So boys who wear makeup become mass shooters? Sounds like grasping at straws to me

Nope. I guess I’m presuming my staff won’t conspire to off me if I say something out of line.

In AZ you can have a firearm with you, but you better tell the po po it’s there if you’re pulled over.

"The threats have prompted some facilities to take steps including installing panic buttons, restricting high-risk patients’ access and seating doctors closer to the door than patients. Dr. David Holden, president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association, said it’s also meant reviewing access points to their facilities."
Interesting but I wonder who would be considered a high risk patient and what that actually means. I wonder what kind of access that will be limited to them and what happens when they see another patient gain access to something that cannot.

Nope. I guess I’m presuming my staff won’t conspire to off me if I say something out of line.

In AZ you can have a firearm with you, but you better tell the po po it’s there if you’re pulled over.
so, when you are doing a 30 minute RF or a longer case or whatever, your gun is sitting in your office? behind a non-locked door? and what happens when you go to the bathroom?

whoops, i left my bag at the office.

stuff like that happens all the time

so, when you are doing a 30 minute RF or a longer case or whatever, your gun is sitting in your office? behind a non-locked door? and what happens when you go to the bathroom?

They are gonna have a medical student hold the gun at all times; maybe make that mandatory curriculum in medical schools kindergartens

My first day working with a private attending in fellowship, we were sitting in the back office area of the tiny hospital he worked out of and he was talking and talking as we waited for turnover. He grabs his backpack and pulls out his full size Glock .40 and sweeps my chest and head.
I hope you commented on his muzzle discipline on your feedback form.

No, my children take care of it when I'm not at work.

yes, he was marginalized - because he listened to far right wing media and great replacement theory on sites such as 4chan and the daily stormer. im guessing tucker carlson's multiple discussions on great replacement theory contributed...

his whole opus was on far right wing talking points. anti immigration, anti-jew, anti-black.

and where he grew up - there are few left wing liberals in Conklin NY. its pretty conservative in a conservative part of NY.

in a town of 5000 people, 90% are white. there are 48 blacks that live there. in 2020, 60.7% in Conklin voted for Trump. Broome county is a mix - with Binghamton being slightly democratic. but out in Conklin - that is die hard Trump country.

there is no evidence that gendron used drugs. gendron's mom and dad are apparently engineers and work. from news reports, they are normal people who have not expressed racist beliefs and are not right wing extremists.

he was radicalized by right wing media pure and simply.

yes, he was marginalized - because he listened to far right wing media and great replacement theory on sites such as 4chan and the daily stormer. im guessing tucker carlson's multiple discussions on great replacement theory contributed...

his whole opus was on far right wing talking points. anti immigration, anti-jew, anti-black.

and where he grew up - there are few left wing liberals in Conklin NY. its pretty conservative in a conservative part of NY.

in a town of 5000 people, 90% are white. there are 48 blacks that live there. in 2020, 60.7% in Conklin voted for Trump. Broome county is a mix - with Binghamton being slightly democratic. but out in Conklin - that is die hard Trump country.

there is no evidence that gendron used drugs. gendron's mom and dad are apparently engineers and work. from news reports, they are normal people who have not expressed racist beliefs and are not right wing extremists.

Wrong person

Yes, in my bag behind a non-locked door, during an RF or whatever case I'm doing. If there is an emergency I want access quickly.
Wrong person
Yeah but it looks like he was working on that reply for quite a while and he was going to insert it in the conversation no matter what.

To clarify, you're referring to the Buffalo shooter.

Is this your lead-in to why censorship is a good thing? But only if liberals are the one's doing the censoring?

• Haha