ABC News: Tulsa Shooter Battled Chronic Back Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To clarify, you're referring to the Buffalo shooter.

Is this your lead-in to why censorship is a good thing? But only if liberals are the one's doing the censoring?
censorship is not a good thing...

but neither is outright lying and complete fabrication and using social media to encourage psychologically vulnerable people to take deadly action. in these cases, moderation of such content may be a necessary "evil" to prevent worse evil.

speaking of which.....

those who are against moderation of right wing controversies have no grounds to stand on if they are concurrently forcing schools to change curriculum (which do not contain CRT), stop gender identity discussions, and ban books.

Reactions: 1 user

but neither is outright lying and complete fabrication and using social media to encourage psychologically vulnerable people to take deadly action. in these cases, moderation of such content may be a necessary "evil" to prevent worse evil.

speaking of which.....

those who are against moderation of right wing controversies have no grounds to stand on if they are concurrently forcing schools to change curriculum (which do not contain CRT), stop gender identity discussions, and ban books.
How do you know he was triggered by Fox instead of CNN or MSNBC or WAPO or Vanity Fair or the View or any other news channel?

Members don't see this ad :)
it is bc the populace has been led to believe that even tiny, incremental change in gun laws = WE ARE TAKING AWAY ALL YOUR GUNS. just see hyperalgesia's post

They think that because many don't trust Democrats/Biden. One only needs to look at NY, CA to see what Democrats will do (in the gun control space) if given the opportunity.

Maybe more the leftish assault on personal responsibility. Anyone know why that kid’s parents weren’t around?
It's the structure needed during the developmental years to become a well adjusted adult/contributing member of society.

Grandfather-felon (drug trafficking)
Mother-drug user
Father-felon/not around

Religion may have been good for him. Any validated religion. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, whatever.

Liberals fault? One could make that argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

speaking of which.....

There is nobody trustworthy to do "moderation". We've seen how that turns out.

RE: School Curriculums, that is a separate issue. In public schools, there should be no integration of political ideology into curriculum for children.
Especially when a child's parents may be opposed to said ideology. If people want to promote CRT etc. on the internet, that's fine. Nobody cares.

And banning books?

Last edited:
speaking of which.....

those who are against moderation of right wing controversies have no grounds to stand on if they are concurrently forcing schools to change curriculum (which do not contain CRT)

To clarify, are you referring to specific curriculum that does not contain CRT, or are you denying that CRT has been embedded into curriculum in some school districts.

Reactions: 1 users
"
They think that because many don't trust Democrats/Biden. One only needs to look at NY, CA to see what Democrats will do (in the gun control space) if given the opportunity.
"The only problem with Chicago is that the rest of the country is not like Chicago" -Liberals

"AR-15" is a complete red herring. It's only purpose is to give liberal voters something to fixate on to bring them to the polls and vote democrat.

If someone comes into your house and stabs you, your first instinct is not to ban that particular model of knife, even if it's the most popular knife used in stabbings. "Ban the 9 inch blade!!! No reason people can't use an 8 inch blade to cut steak with!! This stabbing was completely PREVENTABLE!!"

And of course the only way to get those monstrous 9 inch blades, also known as "widow makers", off the street, is to VOTE DEMOCRAT!

• Dislike
To clarify, are you referring to specific curriculum that does not contain CRT, or are you denying that CRT has been embedded into curriculum in some school districts.

I'm a pain doctor and a two-term, locally-elected, school board member (including two years as chairman). I attest that what you say is true.

speaking of which.....

Like when Steve Scalise was shot by a left winger unhinged by leftist hate and lies. But you weren’t even considering that event, were ya? The guy that shot up the synagogue in Pittsburgh with his anti-Trump feelings is another. That slipped your mind too, huh?. Do you have any thoughts about the pure hate consuming the left at this time?

I appreciate you comments re: gun control.

America desperately needs a third/centrist party a 'la Macron in france.

You either vote for DJT and get that dumpster fire and possibly a dictator, or vote for Biden and get what we have now. I dont think the right nor the left are happy now
And we all see how that turned out. Nice work. We were experiencing the best economy in years when Trump left office. Soaring stock market, low unemployment, low inflation, greatest income growth for minorities in decades, peaceful foreign relations and on and on. Now it looks like we're headed into a recession and possibly WWIII. Let's Go Brandon!

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can not do that. Feels too icky. Unsure if OCD, texture averse, unbalanced. SW380 Bodyguard slips into any pocket. Bersa 380? Not needed, wanted.
That’s holster in the pocket right?

I don’t even like having my phone on me during procedures. Distracting.

I would go for purse holster (in the book bag/attaché) and the under the desk holster.

I can not do that. Feels too icky. Unsure if OCD, texture averse, unbalanced. SW380 Bodyguard slips into any pocket. Bersa 380? Not needed, wanted.
For those that don’t want to carry on their person/in their bag,

Mossberg Shockwave in the desk?

I don't trust anyone but myself to carry concealed. I don't trust your hardware is in serviceable condition; I don't trust your anchoring devices. I know a lot of idiots. Most ppl have no business carrying concealed.

Sew a holster pocket to the front or behind lead apron?

And we all see how that turned out. Nice work. We were experiencing the best economy in years when Trump left office. Soaring stock market, low unemployment, low inflation, greatest income growth for minorities in decades, peaceful foreign relations and on and on. Now it looks like we're headed into a recession and possibly WWIII. Let's Go Brandon!
Also worst hate crime statistics, more racism, more xenophobic policies, more nepotism, corruption, etc. The list goes on. Have to always look at both sides of the coin. Plus, he was coasting on the merrits of his predecessor and his previous policies.

• Haha
Very short sighted assessment to make.

• Haha
Soaring stock market sounds like definition of inflation. Unemployment is still low. Trump could have secured an agreement with Russia to promise that Ukraine would not join NATO, however, he did not and both parties are ultimately pro-war. Trump gave us a lot of culture wars, tax cuts for the rich (and no, I don't mean physicians) who will continue to get rich regardless of who is in office. Give us a few more conservative judges on SCOTUS and we will have a complete breakdown of society with papal court ruling over the country that does not at all reflect court's views and opinions.

Biden has been incredibly timid and deferential to dysfunctional Congress.

• Haha
One of Trump's (and the country's) greatest accomplishments in the past few decades was the Trump tax reform plan, which dramatically decreased the corporate tax rate. That's partly why the job market is booming today.

Putin seized and annexed Crimea under Obama, did no further invasions under Trump, and then did a full scale invasion under Biden? To blame Trump for that is Rachel Maddow level ludicrous.

labor.jpg

One of Trump's (and the country's) greatest accomplishments in the past few decades was the Trump tax reform plan, which dramatically decreased the corporate tax rate. That's partly why the job market is booming today.

Putin seized and annexed Crimea under Obama, did no further invasions under Trump, and then did a full scale invasion under Biden? To blame Trump for that is Rachel Maddow level ludicrous.

View attachment 355871
multiple sources state that putin was waiting for the outcome of the election b/c trump was going to essentially abandon NATO.

• Haha

View attachment 355871
was that the tax plan that counted on increased revenues to balance out budget? that tax plan? right. how did that work out?

funny how fiscal conservatives on the right burn thru money like drunken sailors, then try to claim economic responsibility when the shoe is on the other foot.

How old are you and how long have you been practicing. Seriously asking for a friend. You’rea *****

how about adding something to the thread instead of the ad-hominems?

• Dislike
Soaring stock market sounds like definition of inflation. Unemployment is still low. Trump could have secured an agreement with Russia to promise that Ukraine would not join NATO, however, he did not and both parties are ultimately pro-war. Trump gave us a lot of culture wars, tax cuts for the rich (and no, I don't mean physicians) who will continue to get rich regardless of who is in office. Give us a few more conservative judges on SCOTUS and we will have a complete breakdown of society with papal court ruling over the country that does not at all reflect court's views and opinions.

Biden has been incredibly timid and deferential to dysfunctional Congress.
Nothing here is valid. Inflation is measured in the prices of core commodities. The market is based on expectations and risk. The culture wars come from the left—the infatuation with transgender stuff, race, equity, identity—all planks of the Democrat party at the moment. The country is against late term abortion while the left think it’s acceptable a minute before the onset of labor. Biden helped create the dysfunction in Congress: he encouraged them to “go big” on BBB in meetings when it was clear he couldn’t. This is well known.

Where do you get your information to formulate these opinions?

was that the tax plan that counted on increased revenues to balance out budget? that tax plan? right. how did that work out?
Well, it did great. Federal revenues are at a record level. Spending is a separate issue entirely.

Nothing here is valid. Inflation is measured in the prices of core commodities. The market is based on expectations and risk. The culture wars come from the left—the infatuation with transgender stuff, race, equity, identity—all planks of the Democrat party at the moment. The country is against late term abortion while the left think it’s acceptable a minute before the onset of labor. Biden helped create the dysfunction in Congress: he encouraged them to “go big” on BBB in meetings when it was clear he couldn’t. This is well known.

Where do you get your information to formulate these opinions?
My economic and foreign policy views are informed by Austrian economics/libertarianism. As I mentioned both parties are pro-war

I don’t disagree with some limits on abortion, however, this is not the GOP agenda.

multiple sources state that putin was waiting for the outcome of the election b/c trump was going to essentially abandon NATO.

politico isnt a source. The article is filled with assumptions....and does not allow comments/peer review.

Did everyone forget the disaster when Biden pulled out of Afghanistan? Yes you did.

Biden could nip inflation in the bud by just talking about policies that would make us energy independent again. Instead he asks for OPEC countries to produce more (dirty) oil and ship them on tankers than burn 2000 gallons of oil an hour.

politico isnt a source. The article is filled with assumptions....and does not allow comments/peer review.

Did everyone forget the disaster when Biden pulled out of Afghanistan? Yes you did.

Biden could nip inflation in the bud by just talking about policies that would make us energy independent again. Instead he asks for OPEC countries to produce more (dirty) oil and ship them on tankers than burn 2000 gallons of oil an hour.
The biggest disaster was caused by Republicans with bush invading iraq. And then the first iraq war and then Afghanistan. Basically democrats and Republicans are both bad. But republicans slightly more for destabilizing the middle east. America needs to get it's own problems sorted before it goes around creating problems in other nations.

Reactions: 3 users
It worked out great! That's what I just said. The economy was booming, labor participation was growing, etc.

The Trump tax plan was a trade off of deficit for LONG TERM growth and it was absolutely worth it. It wasn't like a progressive social justice vendetta that democrats love.

I will concede the deficit is a chronic disaster, and there's a fundamental problem with American politics. Politicians who save money get voted out of office - it's just not very popular.

It worked out great! That's what I just said. The economy was booming, labor participation was growing, etc.

The Trump tax plan was a trade off of deficit for LONG TERM growth and it was absolutely worth it. It wasn't like a progressive social justice vendetta that democrats love.

I will concede the deficit is a chronic disaster, and there's a fundamental problem with American politics. Politicians who save money get voted out of office - it's just not very popular.

Interestingly, the biggest Deficit increase since WWII was under Reagan and the only decrease was under Clinton.

And I say that not as some sort of Clinton fan, but rather to reinforce the notion that Republicans aren't exactly the budget wizards they claim to be.

It also begs the age old question -- does the deficit really matter as much as we think it does?

Last edited:
The biggest disaster was caused by Republicans with bush invading iraq. And then the first iraq war and then Afghanistan. Basically democrats and Republicans are both bad. But republicans slightly more for destabilizing the middle east. America needs to get it's own problems sorted before it goes around creating problems in other nations.
Agreed both sides are politicians and only do what they’re paid to do. I voted for Perot and Trump.

Interestingly, the biggest Deficit increase since WWII was under Reagan and the only decrease was under Clinton.

And I say that not as some sort of Clinton fan, but rather to reinforce the notion that Republicans aren't exactly the budget wizards they claim to be.

It also begs the age old question -- does the deficit really matter as much as we think it does?
Congress holds the power of the purse and Democrats were in control of the House and at times the Senate in the Reagan era and the GOP in control of Congress after the midterm elections for Clinton. Reagan got his tax cut but the spending was not reduced. Clinton lost Congress to the GOP in 1994 and relative peace with the dot com boom produced a successful era for the US. Far more to it than who is POTUS.

Congress holds the power of the purse and Democrats were in control of the House and at times the Senate in the Reagan era and the GOP in control of Congress after the midterm elections for Clinton. Reagan got his tax cut but the spending was not reduced. Clinton lost Congress to the GOP in 1994 and relative peace with the dot com boom produced a successful era for the US. Far more to it than who is POTUS.
1654456019745.png

And in case you'd like to read more:

Energy independence then the mideast can sort itself out. Just need our intelligence agencies to prevent nuclear Iran, protect a free state of israel, and limit islamic terror threats.

Energy independence then the mideast can sort itself out. Just need our intelligence agencies to prevent nuclear Iran, protect a free state of israel, and limit islamic terror threats.
Agree with energy independence. Agree with your statement about Iran. Disagree with all else. I am qualified to give an accurate opinion on this as I'm probably the only one that has extensively lived in that part of the world. Free state of Israel is an oxymoron. They stole land from Palestinians. Prior to the first world war there was no Israel. Even according to united nations Israel has more land than they should. Perhaps Europe Germany etc should give back the land they took away from all those innocent Jewish people that died etc. So as a direct result of this there have been a generation of people who now hate the west due to supporting apartheid. Very simple. Islamic terror is again a cia/mossad supported creation and funding aka bin laden etc such as ISIS that is a convenient villain to allow USA to continue it's meddling in the world.
Most average Joe in that part of the world has no hatred of America. They just wanna be left alone and live a simple life.
Prior to all these wars, I was smiled at and hugged for being an American.
Now, not so much.

Once again, America needs to fix our economy. Stop fighting other people's war, help make America the land it once was.

Agree with energy independence. Agree with your statement about Iran. Disagree with all else. I am qualified to give an accurate opinion on this as I'm probably the only one that has extensively lived in that part of the world. Free state of Israel is an oxymoron. They stole land from Palestinians. Prior to the first world war there was no Israel. Even according to united nations Israel has more land than they should. Perhaps Europe Germany etc should give back the land they took away from all those innocent Jewish people that died etc. So as a direct result of this there have been a generation of people who now hate the west due to supporting apartheid. Very simple. Islamic terror is again a cia/mossad supported creation and funding aka bin laden etc such as ISIS that is a convenient villain to allow USA to continue it's meddling in the world.
Most average Joe in that part of the world has no hatred of America. They just wanna be left alone and live a simple life.
Now, not so much.

Once again, America needs to fix our economy. Stop fighting other people's war, help make America the land it once was.
When countries and groups in those countries say Israel has no right to exist, they are wrong.

View attachment 355906
And in case you'd like to read more:
I don’t need to read more of what you’re providing, for I know better. It’s more important who is controlling Congress and what is happening and why. Deficits under Bush 2 were 9/11 and the housing crash, which we can look to improper Federal guidelines as a root cause and the lefts refusal to help pass legislation to change loans going to people that couldn’t afford them. Do you recall Barney Frank saying there was no bubble? I can go on and on.

Now, not so much.

Were you there as part of the military, state department, or you/your parents grew up there? Big difference in perspective.

The Jews lived in Judea for thousands of years before the Muslims even became Muslims. Later, Muslims drove the Jews from their own land, so Muslims today have no legitimate argument to whine about Jews controlling the government of the Jews actual homeland.

I do agree that the US should stop meddling in most middle eastern affairs as it only encourages dislike of America.

Though, I agree with America protecting Israel’s right to exist.

Now, not so much.

Pretty sure the Jews were there first, bud.

I don’t need to read more of what you’re providing, for I know better. It’s more important who is controlling Congress and what is happening and why. Deficits under Bush 2 were 9/11 and the housing crash, which we can look to improper Federal guidelines as a root cause and the lefts refusal to help pass legislation to change loans going to people that couldn’t afford them. Do you recall Barney Frank saying there was no bubble? I can go on and on.
Oh okay, cool.