Abroad Volunteering Question- FIMRC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackberryman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am interested in volunteering abroad especially through FIMRC which our university provides. However, the pricetag on the trip is about 2000 dollars. I was wondering if this experience is WORTH it in the long? Does this look good on your resume or give one an edge when applying to dental schools?

I Know this shouldn't be my reason for volunteering and IT ISNT! but I cant help but wonder these things.

Thanks and if you guys could give me an honest answer I would truly appreciate your insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am interested in volunteering abroad especially through FIMRC which our university provides. However, the pricetag on the trip is about 2000 dollars. I was wondering if this experience is WORTH it in the long? Does this look good on your resume or give one an edge when applying to dental schools?

I Know this shouldn't be my reason for volunteering and IT ISNT! but I cant help but wonder these things.

Thanks and if you guys could give me an honest answer I would truly appreciate your insight.
you can probably feed thousand people with that money on Thanksgiving night. Organize something with your pre-dental friends and you all will have something nice to talk about during your interview/s !!! Good luck

Hey guys,

I spend a summer in India and have been asked about it at every interview. I stats are slightly above average and I had 5 interview invites out of 7 applications. I think it helped me... don't go unless you'll enjoy it though.

As long as you don't admit to doing any actual hands on procedures, then it will be beneficial.
Hey guys,