Absolutely Hilarious Facebook Posts by a Freshman Pre-Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is from wickl's above link:

Dermatology I am considering because you can make good money in some parts of the country by opening up your own practice such as places where there arent private practices....plus dermatology doesnt seem very hard...

A little cream here, some accutane there... a monkey could do this job.

Members don't see this ad.

Ischemic said:
Well ****, I guess I should just stop going through the trouble of taking patient histories and just give every person that walks in some atropine and OJ. Cause, you know, we MDs don't personalize our care to the patient's problems. Oh yeah, MDs don't prescribe "botanical medicine" nor do we counsel patients on their nutrition or counseling in general. Hydrotherapy? Is that like waterboarding? :smuggrin:

Where do people like these crawl out of? Must be the same people that think the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.
:rofl:

I just wanted to say that this thread has kept me in good spirits and definitely lol-ing in the middle of the library, which is better than refreshing the MCAT THx page every five minutes for my score release.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is infectology a thing?
Yes. But only if you're talking about contagious insomnia.

...and Candy's Syndrome, characterized by legs stuck in spread position whenever supine.

The whole "majoring in pre-med" thing really infuriates me. Whenever I'm with my parents and someone asks me what my major is, my dad instantly chimes in "She's pre-med!" I give him this look: ಠ_ಠ

My diploma will say "Molecular Biology," not "Pre-med." I've chastised him three or four times now but he STILL doesn't get it.

Just thinking about it makes me mad again.

from the fb group: pediatric gynocologist

:confused:I have never heard of this, and I am not not googling it for fear that I may be arrested.

from the fb group: pediatric gynocologist

:confused:I have never heard of this, and I am not not googling it for fear that I may be arrested.

What the...

Maybe what they meant was "I'm only going to work with FEMALE children." (Like the person that wanted to only work with patients of one gender and wear a face veil). IDK.

"Joshua right now i want to be a pediatric surgeon. i have probably loved surgery stuff since birth. it fascinates me. i wathed saw 3 the other day, while most were being grossed out, i was captivated by the head surgery."

(In Beavis's voice) uh huh huh.....huh huh.....he said "head"....uh huh huh.....

the whole "majoring in pre-med" thing really infuriates me. Whenever i'm with my parents and someone asks me what my major is, my dad instantly chimes in "she's pre-med!" i give him this look: ಠ_ಠ

my diploma will say "molecular biology," not "pre-med." i've chastised him three or four times now but he still doesn't get it.

Just thinking about it makes me mad again.

amen to that!!

And one more thing......Has anyone else noticed all the spelling and grammar errors on that "What kind of Doctor" post? WTF??

Shouldn't future physicians have impeccable spelling?

"Oooooh, that patient had a tumor in his peritoneum??? Ooops, oh wow.....I don't even want to figure out what I just removed from his perineum. Good thing I just made my malpractice insurance payment"

I picked some of the ones I found most hilarious/sad/naive/etc:

--
well i'm 14 yet.. but i'd really like to be a plastic surgeon.. or something like that.. i just haven't decited yet..! haha, but i knopw i wanna study to become some kinda doctor... .lol

^ WTF That's like...8th grade??

I rest my case.

Well, to be honest, when I was in middle school and people asked me what I wanted to be, I told them that I wanted to be a doctor. And I thought I'd want to get into plastics, but I was open-minded. And I've been back from a med school interview this morning for a few hours now, so maybe you're being a little hard on these kids.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure why you guys are giving her such a hard time, hell it seems that these kids are doing the same advanced self pace program I am doing.

Grad Harvard Med School (Houston, TX campus) @ 12 yrs old. Did intern year during MSIII. Finished Residency @ Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Dual-Board certified in IM and Pre-crime. Just going back to redo undergrad so I can go back to med school and do another residency to settle for Neurosurgery.

Well, to be honest, when I was in middle school and people asked me what I wanted to be, I told them that I wanted to be a doctor. And I thought I'd want to get into plastics, but I was open-minded. And I've been back from a med school interview this morning for a few hours now, so maybe you're being a little hard on these kids.

Yes, but how was your spelling/grammar back then? I mean, hell, we have auto spell check on most modern browsers.

Harsh? Yes. Unnecessarily harsh? Not at all imo. A lot of these kids sound like epic tools.

Another gem off the same profile...
69dqh1.jpg

I don't know, that's some pretty sophisticated trolling. On the rest of the comments some people are saying "Good luck!" and "Hang in there!" and stuff. One guy tries to bring the reality of her expected salary to attention but she tells him to stop being negative and to have more faith in her. She also wrote this in a dead serious note about leaving her friends behind about three months ago,

140x4li.jpg

indicating some consistency in her thinking...

As much as I hate bumping old threads... I decided to check our hero's profile today and thought I owed it to you guys to update you.

2a672o5.jpg

30xevqt.jpg

2uz6p7s.jpg

Going back through this thread was worth the 15 minutes of my time.

:thumbup:

Hilarious :laugh:

But you can major in pre-med (which is a fancy word for Biology) at a lot of universities. Still sounds weird to say it though,

Reminds me of when some kid in my biology lab group said his major was pre-pharmacy :D. I finally got him to admit he was getting a degree in chemistry, in which he proceeded to tell me to get into pharmacy school you had to have a chemistry degree. Same kid also believed you had to major in biology to get into medical school. I feel great after talking to people like that.

On the main topic: GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGO PEDIATRIC GYNECOLOGIST

If you think about it your a terrible friend. Your publicly humiliating this person who is considered a "friend" of yours on facebook. I can maybe understand 1 post, but to update that person's profile is stalkerish/creepy. You should feel proud for stabbing a friend in the back and for attacking their dreams and aspirations. I really hope you learn something from this.

If you think about it your a terrible friend. Your publicly humiliating this person who is considered a "friend" of yours on facebook. I can maybe understand 1 post, but to update that person's profile is stalkerish/creepy. You should feel proud for stabbing a friend in the back and for attacking their dreams and aspirations. I really hope you learn something from this.

Facebook friend =/= real friend

I can't wait to be a doctor. Yeah, I'll die alone and unloved because I'm a socially stunted troglodyte, but at least my car was expensive.

Don't say troglodyte. You may offend Homunculus.

I forgot about this thread.

Thank you, OP, for bringing the lulz.

Hilarious :laugh:

But you can major in pre-med (which is a fancy word for Biology) at a lot of universities. Still sounds weird to say it though,

Because of this thread, I'm now self-conscious about using "pre-med" to describe my post-bacc work. Except I'm not changing it, because there's no other way to describe it.

What are you talking about? It's totally my plan to complete residency during med school. duh.

You so slow. I'm gonna start practicing med right after becoming a MS3, just like that girl on House and earn $2 mil a year. Wooot!

I wasn't going to post on here, but then I saw this on facebook:

premed-1.jpg

Yes, he's studying during the break. No, not for the MCAT.

He's the same one that posted a similar status last Christmas break saying something like "At Starbucks studying anatomy... The work of a pre-med never ends!"

Because of this thread, I'm now self-conscious about using "pre-med" to describe my post-bacc work. Except I'm not changing it, because there's no other way to describe it.

Well, once you hit postbac, it's pretty obvious what you're doing. But, up to that point, you can plausibly refer to yourself as a scientist or engineer as case may be. :oops:

Haha this is a great thread. I feel like the douchier a pre-med is just shows shows how much they need to compensate for sucking in life.

My nephew kept telling me that he was going to be a doctor (in high school). My aunt/uncle kept saying "oh Jimmy is going to be a doctor just like you are!" They even told my girlfriend, who is going into physical therapy, "oh but that's not a real doctor, jimmy is going to be a real doctor!"

He ended up entering his school as a business major. Didn't even last a single day as a pre-med in college.

My other story is from when I was a pre-med, freshman year of college. I was lab partners in chem with this girl who constantly told me that she was going to be a CT surgeon. We finished the semester and I never really saw her again. Fast foward four years....as a senior, I ended up tutoring her. Guess what class that was in?

Freshman chem! :laugh: