Absolutely Hilarious Facebook Posts by a Freshman Pre-Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone ever visit lamebook? It's basically a site where they post the most ******ed and idiotic posts/pics/etc from facebook. I get scared for the future of this country when I go there. Darwin must be turning in his grave ... so much for evolution. :laugh:

Anyone ever visit lamebook? It's basically a site where they post the most ******ed and idiotic posts/pics/etc from facebook. I get scared for the future of this country when I go there. Darwin must be turning in his grave ... so much for evolution. :laugh:

there's also failbook.com, but to be honest it isn't that funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there more of this? this stuff is hilarious

WOOPS.

Last edited:
funny2p.jpg

We are undergrads. The 4 years I've known this person they have not changed it. Born in 89, finished HS in 07, and graduating undergrad in 2011. Major in medical doctor.

We are undergrads. The 4 years I've known this person they have not changed it. Born in 89, finished HS in 07, and graduating undergrad in 2011. Major in medical doctor.

:laugh: What, you're not majoring in Medical Doctor? I declared it as soon as I was accepted to undergrad, along with my minors in Pediatric Oncologist and Dermatologist.

Last edited:
Wow....just....wow.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're ever bored just search for pre-med on facebook. I found this group that has a forum called "what kind of doctor do you want to be"
I figured this was post-worthy after reading the first response:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=pre-med&o=2048&s=30#!/topic.php?uid=2204529564&topic=1898

I picked some of the ones I found most hilarious/sad/naive/etc:

right now i want to be a pediatric surgeon. i have probably loved surgery stuff since birth. it fascinates me. i wathed saw 3 the other day, while most were being grossed out, i was captivated by the head surgery. i was like please show more lol. i want to go into pediatrics because i LOVE kids. i'm a gymnastics coach, and i just love working with kids, making them smile, having fun. my goal in life is to better kids lives here and abroad. I know surgery on kids can be the hardest, especially if you were to lose one, but just as much, it can be the most rewarding (in my eyes).

--
I know it's kind of silly but I really would love to become a plastic surgeon. For some reason this really appeals to me, yet because my mom freaks everytime I mention this I'll most likely end up becoming a heart surgeon. Not as fun but still pretty awesome. :)

same person:
I originally wrote how I wanted to be a plastic surgeon and how since my mom most likely wouldn't like that I'd settle for heart surgean. Well, I've decided I want to be a doctor that speiciales in Eating Disorders...if that's a bust then I'm going to be a neuro surgeon! Two completely different fields but both interest me!

--

I used to think Emergency Surgery (E.R.) was my thing, but now I think i will go into Neurosurgery, the commitment is not much of a stir, but the pressure, not really either, but might be quite challenging.

--
I am definately going to be a plastic surgeon. I love what they do and how they do it. I

--
well i'm 14 yet.. but i'd really like to be a plastic surgeon.. or something like that.. i just haven't decited yet..! haha, but i knopw i wanna study to become some kinda doctor... .lol

^ WTF That's like...8th grade??

I rest my case.

right now i want to be a pediatric surgeon. i have probably loved surgery stuff since birth. it fascinates me. i wathed saw 3 the other day, while most were being grossed out, i was captivated by the head surgery. i was like please show more lol. i want to go into pediatrics because i LOVE kids. i'm a gymnastics coach, and i just love working with kids, making them smile, having fun. my goal in life is to better kids lives here and abroad. I know surgery on kids can be the hardest, especially if you were to lose one, but just as much, it can be the most rewarding (in my eyes).

--
I know it's kind of silly but I really would love to become a plastic surgeon. For some reason this really appeals to me, yet because my mom freaks everytime I mention this I'll most likely end up becoming a heart surgeon. Not as fun but still pretty awesome. :)

same person:
I originally wrote how I wanted to be a plastic surgeon and how since my mom most likely wouldn't like that I'd settle for heart surgean. Well, I've decided I want to be a doctor that speiciales in Eating Disorders...if that's a bust then I'm going to be a neuro surgeon! Two completely different fields but both interest me!

--

I used to think Emergency Surgery (E.R.) was my thing, but now I think i will go into Neurosurgery, the commitment is not much of a stir, but the pressure, not really either, but might be quite challenging.

--
I am definately going to be a plastic surgeon. I love what they do and how they do it. I

--
well i'm 14 yet.. but i'd really like to be a plastic surgeon.. or something like that.. i just haven't decited yet..! haha, but i knopw i wanna study to become some kinda doctor... .lol

I rest my case.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well at least he ins't settling for just anesthesiology.

Oh yeah, I forgot! I have one like that too. He must have changed it recently because he had "doctor $$" for a while.

v2tgev.jpg

It should be noted that this guy lives in Canada and goes to a college, which is basically the equivalent of a U.S. community college, except their programs usually are free-standing (i.e. people don't usually transfer to a University after they're done).

--

same person:

--

--

--

I rest my case.
"If all else fails, I guess I could deal with neurosurgery." :shrug:

From the same site:

"For the longest time I have wanted to be an Opthatmologist. My entire family is in the eye business (my parents are opticans and we own two stores) so I would have work as soon I graduated, and not only that I want ot help people and doing surgery is kinda cool. Of course Optometry is crazy hard to get into so..."

I can see her as an optometrist diagnosing a patient and then going ahead and attempted to remove the cataracts herself :laugh:

"Ive 10 years left to go lol, I have decided that I def. want to be an OB/GYN -but on the Optrician side of it."

Hmm... either he didn't realize that OB stands for a word with the letters "ob" in it, or maybe he really does want to fit lenses for vaginas...

"Ive 10 years left to go lol, I have decided that I def. want to be an OB/GYN -but on the Optrician side of it."

Hmm... either he didn't realize that OB stands for a word with the letters "ob" in it, or maybe he really does want to fit lenses for vaginas...

I think you're on to something here. New specialty?

God, these kids are ******ed.

This is why I felt confident in college that I would be one of the people who would be accepted to med school.

I'm interested in being either a Pediatrician or a Geriatrician, cause I love kids.

I think this about sums it up.

I remember two kids in high school always saying they were going to be anesthesiologists. One is now majoring in business management. The other carried the dream up until college...last I checked, he was in chiropractic college.

More from the fb group:

I would like to have a double specialty; oncologist/histologist.
The same way people double major in Biology and Art History, right? I mean, I get the IM-Peds combo, but when did histology become a medical specialty?

edit: I need to learn how to read... maybe this pre-med made the same mistake I did and read histology as hematology :smack:

Last edited:
I hope this isn't any of you. This kid is going to be a Junior in college, but says he's "studying to be a doctor specializing in neurology and neuroscience research in neurodegenerative diseases".

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
I hope this isn't any of you. This kid is going to be a Junior in college, but says he's "studying to be a doctor specializing in neurology and neuroscience research in neurodegenerative diseases".

wow. "pretty little lab coat and smock" I thought it was a girl until I read he wanted to go home to his kid and wife. He's in for a rude awakening I feel.

wow. "pretty little lab coat and smock" I thought it was a girl until I read he wanted to go home to his kid and wife. He's in for a rude awakening I feel.

He probably puts CMT after his name on all of his homework or exams

I have been working my ass off for the last 5 years taking pre-reqs and working full time. About 2 years ago, I actually started telling people that I planned to apply to medical school. They all did the "Oh that's nice" thing in a doubtful tone of voice.

At first I was mildly offended. I got over it pretty quickly and just started keeping my mouth shut or said I was "applying to graduate school".

Reading this thread has reminded me that most of the people who say that they are going to go to medical school are f-ing *****s.

This is the best thread ever.

I have been working my ass off for the last 5 years taking pre-reqs and working full time. About 2 years ago, I actually started telling people that I planned to apply to medical school. They all did the "Oh that's nice" thing in a doubtful tone of voice.

At first I was mildly offended. I got over it pretty quickly and just started keeping my mouth shut or said I was "applying to graduate school".

Reading this thread has reminded me that most of the people who say that they are going to go to medical school are f-ing *****s.

This is the best thread ever.

Amen to that. The graduate school thing is a nice safety to stay out of harm's way.

In other news.....one of the last posts in that thread is from an anesthesia resident (I think?) who happens to have a hottie at this side. If this is what I think it is (an interracial relationship) then that guy sure is lucky. Hot wife, great job and the good life. Bet he never sleeps without some action. God, I really need to get laid.

Link to profile: http://www.facebook.com/rlee977

He probably puts CMT after his name on all of his homework or exams
:laugh: Boy is he in for a rude awakening when he realizes he's not going to be rolling in it by doing research in neurology, even if he has an MD/PhD.

Wait, nvm. He's a CMT.

"Medical Scientist, actually. I want to study the epidemiology of psychiatric disorders... I'm hoping to volunteer as a primary care physician in underserved areas, as well."

lol.

As I was browsing the topics in that Facebook group I came across this post in some topic. I think It might have been "Where Do You Want to Go to Medical School". Anyway, just... lol :D

Hi my name is Erika, I'm a 3rd year student at Bastyr University in the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) program. Just wanted to tell pre-med folks that there is another option out there for medical school. There are 4 accredited naturopathic medicine schools in the US and two in Canada (check out www.aanmc.com). I was pre-med myself and gave up on going into medicine after getting so disgusted by the exploitation of patients and corruption of the pharmaceutical industry. I found out about naturopathic medicine and I'm really happy. ND's are licensed in about 15 states (more coming), and are accepted by insurance in many of those states. The difference between us and MD's is that we practice personalized, patient-centered medicine, and utilize many natural methods for healing, like botanical medicine, nutrition, counseling, hydrotherapy, etc. I LOVE our medicine!

If you have questions, feel free to message us (or check us out at www.bastyr.edu)

As I was browsing the topics in that Facebook group I came across this post in some topic. I think It might have been "Where Do You Want to Go to Medical School". Anyway, just... lol :D

To summarize: We're nothing like those evil, evil MDs.

--

same person:

--

--

--

I rest my case.

99% of people on that thread said sugery, oncology, or radiology

Lauren Will-be ADoctor i want to specialize in radiology

yes, her FB last name is "Will-be ADoctor"

Also:
I'm planning on taking the mcat junior year, should i just wait and i could possibly do the 10 pre reqs such as ...bio 1/2 chem 1/2 org chem1/2 calc 1/2 physics 1/2 during junior year then study for mcat.

Last edited:
I was pre-med myself and gave up on going into medicine after getting so disgusted by the exploitation of patients and corruption of the pharmaceutical industry. I found out about naturopathic medicine and I'm really happy. ND's are licensed in about 15 states (more coming), and are accepted by insurance in many of those states. The difference between us and MD's is that we practice personalized, patient-centered medicine, and utilize many natural methods for healing, like botanical medicine, nutrition, counseling, hydrotherapy, etc. I LOVE our medicine!"
Well ****, I guess I should just stop going through the trouble of taking patient histories and just give every person that walks in some atropine and OJ. Cause, you know, we MDs don't personalize our care to the patient's problems. Oh yeah, MDs don't prescribe "botanical medicine" nor do we counsel patients on their nutrition or counseling in general. Hydrotherapy? Is that like waterboarding? :smuggrin:

Where do people like these crawl out of? Must be the same people that think the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.

If you're ever bored just search for pre-med on facebook. I found this group that has a forum called "what kind of doctor do you want to be"
I figured this was post-worthy after reading the first response:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=pre-med&o=2048&s=30#!/topic.php?uid=2204529564&topic=1898

OH DEAR, I'll be honest I stopped reading after only a few because the people think since they were able to watch Saw III and various surgeries online they'll be fit for a career in any form of medicine. Too much Grey's Anatomy and House being watched by people in that group