Academic Honors/awards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albinotrout

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is a merit based scholarship considered an acamedic award? Probably seems like a dumb question, but just curious what others think. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say yes. I'm using mine in that category.

Members don't see this ad :)
what might be silly. but scholastic honors- should those me purely academic or could a varsity letter count?

i have no idea how to answer that question on UCLA 2ndary. Everybody got scholarships, so to write about that is not original. All of us have good GPAs, so nothing outstanding about being on Dean's list. Academic honor, huh? maybe getting a diploma?
:confused:

getting a diploma sure seems like a solid honor...

no clue either... i'm leaning towards varsity letter if that even is "scholastic" or leaving it blank...

it seems to me we should write at least smth, not leaving it blank. It is only 800 c,so we should b$ about smth...

yah. i guess go for whatever allows you to bring up a side of you not yet presented in other essays.

its hard to leave something blank, though i know that someone posted earlier saying that someone got in with 7/9 filled in.