Acceptance Stats for Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. cGPA: 3.81 sGPA: 3.69
2. MCAT: 496
3. ECs: +50 hours shadowing 2 pods and 5 mo. work experience as a pod assistant. +50 hours volunteering at a hospital. 3 years playing rugby in college and still playing now. Work experience at an ophthalmology clinic x 6 mo, various MD shadowing experiences. Research experience in micro and immunology.
4. Applied to all 9. Received interview invites from all 9. Attended Scholl, Temple, AZPOD, and DMU.
5. Acceptances to 4. Scholarships at Scholl (10K), Temple (8K), and DMU (6K, renewable).

Not entirely sure where to go. Torn between Scholl and Temple. If anyone can provide any insight at all regarding either school, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not sure. How do you find that out? I tried to look into my unofficial transcript but it’s not listed there.
Go to Aacpmas and download one of your completed applications. There's a page with GPA breakdowns.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why not DMU? It’s a good school, you got scholarship, and the cost of living is low. You could get out of school for a lot less than other schools.

1. cGPA: 3.81 sGPA: 3.69
2. MCAT: 496
3. ECs: +50 hours shadowing 2 pods and 5 mo. work experience as a pod assistant. +50 hours volunteering at a hospital. 3 years playing rugby in college and still playing now. Work experience at an ophthalmology clinic x 6 mo, various MD shadowing experiences. Research experience in micro and immunology.
4. Applied to all 9. Received interview invites from all 9. Attended Scholl, Temple, AZPOD, and DMU.
5. Acceptances to 4. Scholarships at Scholl (10K), Temple (8K), and DMU (6K, renewable).

Not entirely sure where to go. Torn between Scholl and Temple. If anyone can provide any insight at all regarding either school, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Why not DMU? It’s a good school, you got scholarship, and the cost of living is low. You could get out of school for a lot less than other schools.

DMU was definitely a major contender, but I couldn’t see past living in IA. Just not convinced I’d see as diverse of pathologies during core rotations there versus in a major city. Plus, my partner will move in with me after she graduates and I’m just not sure Des Moines will provide her with the work options she’s looking for (could be wrong here, but I just don’t know enough about the city.)

1. cGPA 3.02, sGPA 3.57 (Undergrad 2.99 cGPA, post-bacc cGPA 3.85 all upper level sciences)
2. MCAT: 505
3. ~30 hours of shadowing, non-trad student (been working in science but not medicine for past 8 years)..
4. applied to all expect Western and Kent
5. Interview invites to all, so far I've attended & been accepted to NYCPM (5k scholarship) and Barry (5k scholarship). Turned down interviews at DMU, CSPM, Midwestern, and Scholl. Interviewing at Temple soon, but 90% sure I'm headed to Barry next year :)

Reactions: 3 users
1. Cgpa: 2.9, Sgpa 3.76 (undergrad 2.6, post back 3.8)
2. MCAT 493
3. 16 hours shadowing DPM, 60 hours shadowing D.O. (Non Trad complete career change)
4. Applied to DMU, Midwestern, Scholl, Kent State, Barry, Temple
5. Interview invite to all
6. Interview at Kent State, accepted 4 days later with $2,500 scholarship, Accepted to Scholl (no scholarship), accepted to AZPOD (no scholarship), Accepted to Barry 5k scholarship, declined interview invite to temple and DMU.
7. Made my deposit for Scholl!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
How do you know if you have received a scholarship?

How do you know if you have received a scholarship?
They send it with your acceptance letter. I know California sends it with their interview invites.

They send it with your acceptance letter. I know California sends it with their interview invites.

Weird. I was accepted at NYCPM and didn't receive any financial information, just an acceptance letter and information about housing.

My GPA is above 3.7, so I don't think that's a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird. I was accepted at NYCPM and didn't receive any financial information, just an acceptance letter and information about housing.

My GPA is above 3.7, so I don't think that's a problem.
What was your MCAT? Sometimes you might have to meet both

What was your MCAT? Sometimes you might have to meet both

I've scanned the thread and it seems that some folks have similar stats and still received scholarships, though.

1. Cgpa: 2.9, Sgpa 3.76 (undergrad 2.6, post back 3.8)
2. MCAT 493
3. 16 hours shadowing DPM, 60 hours shadowing D.O. (Non Trad complete career change)
4. Applied to DMU, Midwestern, Scholl, Kent State, Barry, Temple
5. Interview invite to all
6. Interview at Kent State, accepted 4 days later with $2,500 scholarship, Rejected at Scholl post interview, declined interview at MWU and temple, still interviewing at Barry and DMU shortly.

Why Scholl rejected you?

I've scanned the thread and it seems that some folks have similar stats and still received scholarships, though.

Congratulations!! NYCPM sent me a scholarship notification the day after I received my acceptance. Based on their website, NYCPM makes their decisions on Monday's and because of the holidays, they may send you a scholarship next week! If not, I would call or email them just to make sure.

Why Scholl rejected you?
I don’t want to give my identity away by going into more detail just yet, as there are certain circumstances that may change my Scholl admission status. I will explain the situation after I hear from them again in early January.

Biology Major, cGPA 2.97, sGPA 3.05, MCAT 497

Applied to Kent, Temple, Barry, Scholl, and New York.

Interviewed at: temple, Barry, Scholl, and New York.

Accepted to temple, Scholl (5k scholarship), and New York

Waitlisted at Barry

Paid enrollment deposit to Scholl and will be going there next year!

Reactions: 7 users

Waitlisted at Barry

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted at Barry

congrats! also why the waitlist at barry? interviewing there soon and super nervous!

congrats! also why the waitlist at barry? interviewing there soon and super nervous!
I have no idea, I guess I wasn’t what they were looking for. But don’t be nervous the interview is super relaxed, they don’t try to trick you or anything. You’ll be fine!

I have no idea, I guess I wasn’t what they were looking for. But don’t be nervous the interview is super relaxed, they don’t try to trick you or anything. You’ll be fine!
I heard Barry focuses more on GPA than MCAT

1. sGPA: 3.63 and cGPA 3.58
2. MCAT: 495
3. Experience: Shadowing DPM 20 hours, Orthopedic surgery 130 hours, other DO/MD/PA 100 hours, working as MA, CNA, PT Tech 3000 Hours
4. Applied to DMU, Scholl, and Kent. ii to all three.
5. Went to interview at DMU and canceled interviews to School and Kent after acceptance. (Scholarship to DMU as well)

Waitlisted at Barry

Congrats cant wait to meet you

Finallyyyy it's my turn!!
1. cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5
2. Mcat 485
3. 50+ hours of shadowing DPM, 500+ hours volunteer in a hospital
4. Applied to Barry and Scholl only.
5. Interview invite from both but only attended Barry (top choice) and I loved my visit there.
Just put my deposit for Class of 2023!!!! Thank you everyone for helping me throughout the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Finallyyyy it's my turn!!
1. cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5
2. Mcat 485
3. 50+ hours of shadowing DPM, 500+ hours volunteer in a hospital, multilingual, podiatry workshop
4. Applied to Barry and Scholl only.
5. Interview invite from both but only attended Barry (top choice) and I loved my visit there.
Just put my deposit for Class of 2023!!!! Thank you everyone for helping me throughout the process.

congrats! When did you interview at Barry and how long after were you accepted?

1. Undergrad GPA 3.71 (BS Bio)
2. Masters GPA 3.90 (MS Biomed Sci)
3. MCAT 498
4. Roughly 12 hours Pod shadowing. 4 hours at TUSPM’s clinic and 8 hours at Penn (still shadowing at Penn)
5. Application submitted 01/9. Verified 01/10. Applied only TUSPM, Interviwed 02/01, accepted 02/04.
6. Will be turning in my deposit within the next few days, not sure of scholarship information (or if i was even given one)

Excited to meet everyone in July!!

Reactions: 3 users
3. MCAT 498
4. Roughly 12 hours Pod shadowing. 4 hours at TUSPM’s clinic and 8 hours at Penn (still shadowing at Penn)
5. Application submitted 01/9. Verified 01/10. Applied only TUSPM, Interviwed 02/01, accepted 02/04.
6. Will be turning in my deposit within the next few days, not sure of scholarship information (or if i was even given one)

Congrats! I look forward to being your classmate.

3. MCAT 498

Nice stats..all the best! :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
1. cGPA 3.02, sGPA 3.57 (Undergrad 2.99 cGPA, post-bacc cGPA 3.85 all upper level sciences)
2. MCAT: 505
3. ~30 hours of shadowing, non-trad student (been working in science but not medicine for past 8 years)..
4. applied to all expect Western and Kent
5. Interview invites to all, so far I've attended & been accepted to NYCPM (5k scholarship) and Barry (5k scholarship). Turned down interviews at DMU, CSPM, Midwestern, and Scholl. Interviewing at Temple soon, but 90% sure I'm headed to Barry next year :)

Congrats! When you got your scholarship at Barry was it included on the email acceptance letter or in a separate email/ in the mail?

Congrats! When you got your scholarship at Barry was it included on the email acceptance letter or in a separate email/ in the mail?
If you receive scholarship, it will be included in your acceptance letter.

Dave told me when he called about my acceptance, it was also in the email when I got it a few days later (same email)

1. cGPA 3.04, sGPA 2.78 (Top 75 undergrad school, strength of undergrad school matters, was brought up in interviews), Post Bach GPA 3.18, Post-Bach Science GPA 3.0
2. Mcat 493, 497
3:
- 40 hours shadowing (20 hours pod), 150 hours volunteering in ED, 300 hours research, 1 year as a scribe, post-bach, multiple leadership positions held in college
4. I applied to every school but Scholl
- Rejected from Western, App put on hold from AZPOD, II's to all others.
- Turned down interview from Barry
- Wait-listed from DMU
- Waiting to hear back from Kent
- Accepted to CSPM (5k scholarship), NYCPM (5k scholarship), TUSPM (2k Scholarship)

Most likely will be going to TUSPM, will be part of class of 2023!

1. SGPA: 2.82 (retook Ochem 1&2 in 2016 and aced them both 2nd time. Got C’s the first time. Also retook biochem.)
CGPA: 3.16

2. Graduated in 2015. Took first MCAT in 2017. Retook 2nd MCAT that summer 2017.
MCAT #1: 487 (barely studied.....all I did was read study guides. Did no practice tests...yes, that was dumb of me. I focused more on the material rather than training and learning how to take and survive the test. )

MCAT #2: 493 took a Kaplan online course.

3. Shadow hours:

Pharmacist —1 hour
Podiatrists—~20 hours
Pediatrician — 8 hours

Worked as a microbiology technologist in a hospital lab for three years right after graduation and then quit my job in September to focus on applying for pod this cycle. I’ve only applied to Pod and it’s my first time.

During undergrad, I tutored traveling scholars, volunteered at the hospital and community center. I also continued volunteering when I was working.

4. I applied to 5 schools.

DMU—interview invite and accepted a week after interview
Kent—interview invite and accepted 2 days later

Western—interview invite and accepted 1 month later
Scholl—Interview invite but I declined interview after falling in love with DMU and Western. Scholl was my top choice because the podiatrists I shadowed all graduated from there. Was so positive I was going to go there and they were the last ones to send me an interview invite too.
Barry—took over two months for an interview invite and that was the first time I heard from them. Lol will be declining interview invite as well.
Midwestern—waitlisted. No interview invite

5. Still debating between DMU and Western.
wow! congrats! do you think your work experience held extra weight when being considered for admittance?

wow! congrats! do you think your work experience held extra weight when being considered for admittance?
Not necessarily. They want you to talk about it and what you learned but it carries the same weight as your academic performance. I worked as a certified MA for 3.5 years and over a year as a certified pharm tech and they spent less than 5 mins asking about my work experience

1. CGPA 3.3, SGPA 3.1 - have both a Bachelors and did an MBS
2. MCAT 494
3. 300+ hours of research, 300+ hours of volunteering, 12 hours pod shadowing, other stuff too
4. I applied to CSPM, AZPOD, NYCPM, Temple, and Western U (rejected pre interview invite from Western) - interviewed at the other 4
5. Accepted to CSPM ($5K scholarship), NYCPM, Temple, and AZPOD. Going to AZPOD! :D

Reactions: 7 users
I’ve a question, will a school still accept your seat deposit later than the last date? Say by like a week?

I’ve a question, will a school still accept your seat deposit later than the last date? Say by like a week?
They can give extensions. I would ask them for an extension rather than just not replying by deadline.

Reactions: 1 users
They can give extensions. I would ask them for an extension rather than just not replying by deadline.
When you ask them for an extension, do you have to provide the reason why? I have given all my interviews and I'm just waiting for the decisions but I don't know what to say while asking for an extension.

That’s with the extension though lol I don’t think they’ll give me anymore...

1. CGPA: 3.05 SGPA: 2.99
2. MCAT: 506
3. Shadowed 2 Podiatrists, 400 hours of research, 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital, leadership roles in student org.
4. Applied to all 9. Interviewed at CSPM, Scholl, DMU, Western, and Midwestern. Cancelled/declined interviews at the other 4.
5. Accepted to CSPM ($10k), Scholl ($3k), and Western. Waitlisted at DMU and Midwestern.

I live in California but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to choose. Both CA schools would be close to home but Scholl has a great program.

Update: Going to Western!

Last edited: