Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Eastern post-interview? They said we'd know by the end of the week. I live pretty close so I figured If didn't get in my rejection letter would have arrived earlier in the week :p

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to Pacific University's PsyD program, notified yesterday via emai. This was my first acceptance, but probably the one I'm LEAST likely to consider :(. Some good news is better than none, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on pacific Duckygirl! i got in there as well. how was the whole interview day like?

has anyone heard from st. john's post-interview? i can't take the waiting anymore!

I haven't heard anything either. I heard a rumor that they had their admissions meeting last week and started calling some people... Not me obviously :scared: However, that's just hearsay.

i was accepted by xavier and la salle! :)

still waiting on yeshiva psyd...

Anybody else?
I heard via email (a reply to my thank you email to the director). Said he will be calling people...

Were you at X's orientation day? Do you think you'll accept there? I'm also accepted and I liked it quite a lot...

After spending the entire week worrying, I just got accepted to U of Florida's Clinical Psych program!!! My POI just called me (while I was at work, so I was caught a little off guard!), and I got the basic $12k/year plus tuition assistantship.

YAY!!! :D

Waitlisted at LUC.. snail mail arrived today. The waiting continues... :scared:

Received an offer (phone) from Northwestern Feinberg:laugh:! Now time to make a hard decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
YAYYYY I got an offer from my #1 choice tonight :) My POI called me. I am taking it tomorrow after I can speak in a normal non-several-octaves-high-with-screeching-and-speed voice :)

U Texas- Austin, neuropsychology track!!

YAYYYY I got an offer from my #1 choice tonight :) My POI called me. I am taking it tomorrow after I can speak in a normal non-several-octaves-high-with-screeching-and-speed voice :)

U Texas- Austin, neuropsychology track!!

:laugh: Congrats! Sounds like a great fit for you. Glad everything worked out.

And, don't worry. As I previously mentioned, I was in lunatic mode for a day or two (or three) after I was accepted off the waitlist to my top choice. I think everyone will understand if you're a bit, erm, enthusiastic for a while. After all, you deserve it . . . and YOU DID IT! Woo hoo!

Has anyone heard from Delaware (post-interview) or know their timeline? Thanks

Anybody else?
I heard via email (a reply to my thank you email to the director). Said he will be calling people...

Congrats! :)

I'll admit I'm a bit jealous/anxious as I didn't hear anything today. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Letter of acceptance from Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology today. Still waiting for Yeshiva...

thanks so much, everybody! this forum has been so incredibly helpful and supportive. Everyone here is so sweet and I wish everyone else the best of luck wherever they end up! :love:

I was waitlisted at American. I'm assuming this means they have made offers.

I STILL haven't heard from Binghamton University even though I've heard some got accepted and some got rejections! Anyone know anything? Perhaps I'm waitlisted?? Any help would be appreciated!

I STILL haven't heard from Binghamton University even though I've heard some got accepted and some got rejections! Anyone know anything? Perhaps I'm waitlisted?? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm in the same situation with UConn....I even emailed my POI at the beginning of the week, but haven't gotten a reply....I know their interview process was delayed because of weather, but if anyone has any other info or has heard anything one way or the other I'd love an update!

I got an offer last Monday (I think it was?) and I declined it today. For other schools (not Binghamton) I have had to call to find out where I am on the waitlist. Across the board, it seems that if you got neither an offer nor a rejection then you are on the waitlist. According to the APA, schools are supposed to let you know if you have been rejected as soon as they know (e.g., it's not cool to put everyone on a waitlist just because they interviewed). In addition, schools are supposed to tell you where you are (high, med, low alternate) on the waitlist. I would call. Good luck!

Columbia (Teacher's College) MA acceptances went out...snail mail.

AKA Sorry, we don't want you for Clinical PhD, but you can have SOMETHING.

(Their program wasn't the best fit for me, and it's a pseudorejection...but it's also an acceptance, so I'll put it here.)

For those of you who got acceptances at funded programs, when did you find out what kind of funding/how much you were getting? I didn't ask my POI when he called with the offer.. should I call and ask him or wait for the formal letter to come in the mail? I'm just not sure how this works! :confused:

or rather, does anyone know if they are done extending acceptances?

thanks!

For those of you who got acceptances at funded programs, when did you find out what kind of funding/how much you were getting? I didn't ask my POI when he called with the offer.. should I call and ask him or wait for the formal letter to come in the mail? I'm just not sure how this works! :confused:

My POI let me know about funding when he called with an offer. A letter came a week later.

I got an offer last Monday (I think it was?) and I declined it today. For other schools (not Binghamton) I have had to call to find out where I am on the waitlist. Across the board, it seems that if you got neither an offer nor a rejection then you are on the waitlist. According to the APA, schools are supposed to let you know if you have been rejected as soon as they know (e.g., it's not cool to put everyone on a waitlist just because they interviewed). In addition, schools are supposed to tell you where you are (high, med, low alternate) on the waitlist. I would call. Good luck!

I did call the other day and left a message (the graduate school admission office told me to call the department) on the voicemail since the department isn't answering their phone (surprise). I never got a call back. I emailed last week and never heard anything back on that front either. Can I ask who your POI was? or is that "not allowed"? I hate waiting and it is so frustrating to not know whether or not I'm on a waitlist or not. Did anyone else get an official "rejection" letter as of yet from Binghamton? I, at least, haven't gotten one of those yet. *sigh* patience is not one of my virtues I suppose.

I did call the other day and left a message (the graduate school admission office told me to call the department) on the voicemail since the department isn't answering their phone (surprise). I never got a call back. I emailed last week and never heard anything back on that front either. Can I ask who your POI was? or is that "not allowed"? I hate waiting and it is so frustrating to not know whether or not I'm on a waitlist or not. Did anyone else get an official "rejection" letter as of yet from Binghamton? I, at least, haven't gotten one of those yet. *sigh* patience is not one of my virtues I suppose.

I haven't heard anything at all from Binghamton, and I've been trying to get them to update my transcript status on their website, and they seem completely disorganized...not to mention that check status feature on the website doesn't seem to be working properly anymore for me.

I was accepted by yeshiva psyd on wednesday. I am nearly positive that they are still in the process of accepting. Informed by phone call.

I asked one of my POIs when she emailed me to confirm that I had received an offer from the program director. She asked if I had any questions so I inquired about the funding at that point. I was advised that I would definitely receive funding but notices are typically not sent out until early summer to advise exact amount (due to experience) and position/type. However, she also indicated that I would likely be her RA under her current grant as long as I had no problem with it, so I have some inkling of what's going on.

I got an official rejection email from my POI at Binghamton today.

Argosy San Francisco called and accepted me today... don't think I'll go there... and I'm not toooo surprised to get in (though, I did think my interviewer hated me) because I've heard they accept almost anyone. But still, nice to have somewhere else to choose from.

I haven't heard anything at all from Binghamton, and I've been trying to get them to update my transcript status on their website, and they seem completely disorganized...not to mention that check status feature on the website doesn't seem to be working properly anymore for me.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. There is one other place to check your status as long as you know your program ID number. In case you haven't tried this place yet -- go to the graduate school website, click on Apply now -- then on the next page, where it says Apply now, your cursor being held over it should bring up the option to "check application status" -- then when you go there you should be able to put in your program ID number and check to see if they have all your application information, etc. and if any decision has been made yet.

I got an official rejection email from my POI at Binghamton today.

So sorry to hear about the rejection. That sucks. Hopefully you got accepted somewhere even better!:luck:

I wish I'd either get an official rejection or ... something... soon. I hate not knowing.

I received an offer yesterday by email from Nova Southeastern University (for both the PsyD and PhD programs). It was a generic email ("Dear Future Nova Student..." sent, it appears, to a large group of people. But, I know they are still making offers...perhaps it is just the first round of offers. And, in case anyone is waiting on them, I have turned down the offer so that should free up at least one more spot. Good luck!!)

Oh, also accepted to Pace University PsyD in school and child clinical psychology (also declined).

I received an offer yesterday by email from Nova Southeastern University (for both the PsyD and PhD programs). It was a generic email ("Dear Future Nova Student..." sent, it appears, to a large group of people. But, I know they are still making offers...perhaps it is just the first round of offers. And, in case anyone is waiting on them, I have turned down the offer so that should free up at least one more spot. Good luck!!)

Oh, also accepted to Pace University PsyD in school and child clinical psychology (also declined).

Looks like you're on a role - which offer are you accepting?

Received an acceptance letter from Yeshiva psyd today through snail mail. :)

Were you at X's orientation day? Do you think you'll accept there? I'm also accepted and I liked it quite a lot...

yeah, i really liked xavier, i thought the faculty were very down to earth as well as the students. im now deciding between xavier and yeshiva. i didnt find yeshiva as friendly but considering its higher match rates it seems to be the better school.

any thoughts?

Received an acceptance letter from Yeshiva psyd today through snail mail. :)

Thank you :)

Things are looking up after a long string of rejections. I think I will be going to Long Island U. (clinical PhD)

Everyone on here has been sooo great, can't wait to see how things work out for everyone.

I've received offers from Massachusetts School of Psychology (clinical PsyD) and Hofstra (School-Community PsyD), was wait-listed at Pace (combined Clinical-School PsyD), and I haven't heard from Yeshiva (combined School-Clinical PsyD) or Rutgers (School PsyD). The one that's really killing me is Rutgers. I check the online status every few hours. Has anyone heard yet?

yeah, i really liked xavier, i thought the faculty were very down to earth as well as the students. im now deciding between xavier and yeshiva. i didnt find yeshiva as friendly but considering its higher match rates it seems to be the better school.

any thoughts?

I was accepted to xavier, yeshiva and La Salle...I think the students that I met, the faculty that I met, the match rates over 4 years, and the success of the graduates has led me to decide on La Salle...xavier was choice 2...the coldness at yeshiva bothered me a great deal. Anyway, good luck!

I was accepted to xavier, yeshiva and La Salle...I think the students that I met, the faculty that I met, the match rates over 4 years, and the success of the graduates has led me to decide on La Salle...xavier was choice 2...the coldness at yeshiva bothered me a great deal. Anyway, good luck!

Wow,
I ranked them as yeshiva, xavier, and then la salle by match rates to apa accredited internship sites. is this not a good way of rating schools? I can't really judge yeshiva because I didnt meet any other faculty or students besides the two interviewing me which i agree was not the warmest experience. I wish I could talk to one of the current students and ask their opinion of the school. Location is also drawing me to Yeshiva, i would love to be in NYC!

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks and congratulations on your acceptances!

-Gauri

Wow,
I ranked them as yeshiva, xavier, and then la salle by match rates to apa accredited internship sites. is this not a good way of rating schools? I can't really judge yeshiva because I didnt meet any other faculty or students besides the two interviewing me which i agree was not the warmest experience. I wish I could talk to one of the current students and ask their opinion of the school. Location is also drawing me to Yeshiva, i would love to be in NYC!

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks and congratulations on your acceptances!

-Gauri

I have spoken to students in all 3 programs and La Salle students LOVE their program, faculty and experiences. Their match rate the last 3 years (including this year) has been 88%, 94%, and 79%...all above the 75% national average and the 58% average for psyd programs. The appic site match percentage includes people who withdrew from the match, so it isn't really a good indicator. The programs are supposed to give this info out to students. Anyway, I like the blend of research and practice offered at La salle and the students really talked me into it!! Whatever you choose, good luck!!

For those of you who have been accepted at Pace, how were you informed? Thanks.