Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that seriously the match rate overall?!!

Damn...my program typically matches 80%+ (87% this year), and I knew that was above avg for PsyD, but 58%?!

-t

Xavier normally matches at an average of 85%. Wright State SOPP in Ohio has a great match rate of about 95% annually. This year Wright was 75%, I don't know about Xavier as I interviewed on match day and they didn't have the stats yet. Everyone was bad this year though.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone NOT heard from ASU post-interview?

Xavier normally matches at an average of 85%. Wright State SOPP in Ohio has a great match rate of about 95% annually. This year Wright was 75%, I don't know about Xavier as I interviewed on match day and they didn't have the stats yet. Everyone was bad this year though.

I've heard good things about Wrights State, so that doesn't surprise me. I don't know much about Xavier.

-t

Members don't see this ad :)
How are people being contacted for acceptance? Thanks!

I've heard good things about Wrights State, so that doesn't surprise me. I don't know much about Xavier.

-t

What have you heard? I've been accepted there, but I am really struggling with the decision. It was highly recommended to me by one of my professors, but I was a little let down by what I saw and heard at interview day.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I work with someone who graduated from there probably 7-8 years ago. It is hard to judge a program N=1, but here clinical training is solid, and she seemed to enjoy her experience.

I'd strongly suggest talking to current students and alumni about their experiences. Both groups tend to be pretty honest about the + / -'s of their experiences.

-t

Informed on Thursday by snail mail and then received an acceptance email later on.

Any news from St. John's....anyone????????? I've tried calling them a few times but always get the voicemail. :confused:

I haven't heard anything from St. John's either way...

Members don't see this ad :)
oregon, via email. not attending.

has anyone heard that they are rejected or waitlisted at hofstra?

also, i haven't heard from st. john's either.

I was accepted to rutgers psyd in school pych today and heard via email. Now I am deciding between the clinical psych program at Loyola and the school psych program at Rutgers. I am not 100% sure I want to work in a school system but supposedly the school psyd can lead to private practice. Either way, I know I want to work with children and anxiety/self esteem issues. Rutgers is closer to my family and may turn out to be a bit cheaper, but Loyola may be the better option (was more competitive to get into). What to do, what to do. Any thoughts my fellow applicants?

I heard that I'm waitlisted at U of Saskatchewan through snail mail today

After being on the wait list for three weeks, I found out that I'm "the first alternate" today at NIU. You have to enjoy the little steps in life. :)

So I'm still holding out a little ray of hope since this is my only real chance of getting into a doctoral program. *crosses fingers*

I heard that I'm waitlisted at U of Saskatchewan through snail mail today

Just wondering... was it a big or little envelope?

Great to see that the Canadian schools are finally doing something!

Just wondering... was it a big or little envelope?

Great to see that the Canadian schools are finally doing something!

Little. In fact, I waited a few hours to open it 'cause I was sure it was just another rejection and I didn't feel like seeing it. lol

I was accepted to rutgers psyd in school pych today and heard via email. Now I am deciding between the clinical psych program at Loyola and the school psych program at Rutgers. I am not 100% sure I want to work in a school system but supposedly the school psyd can lead to private practice. Either way, I know I want to work with children and anxiety/self esteem issues. Rutgers is closer to my family and may turn out to be a bit cheaper, but Loyola may be the better option (was more competitive to get into). What to do, what to do. Any thoughts my fellow applicants?

I liked the program at Loyola, though didn't go that route because I wanted to get out of MD. As for school psych vs. clinical.....I am biased towards clinical (obviously), but I think you will have more flexibility with that degree, especially if you aren't completely sold on working in a school.

-t

accepted into Florida Tech's PsyD via mail.

Any thoughts about the program? No one posts anything on it...hmm bad sign?? :rolleyes:

has anyone heard that they are rejected or waitlisted at hofstra?

also, i haven't heard from st. john's either.

Hofstra reject here! :)
(I don't know why I added a smiley, I was rather sad about it...*sigh*)

Got accepted to CW Post -LIU PsyD program on Monday. This is an awsome feeling!

I guess I'll be giving my spot at Pace to someone else...

Hi all,

I learned about this website a couple of days ago in a desperate effort go information on the admission process. I am SO relieved to hear I am not the only one anxiosly waiting for answers. Has anyone heard from GWU PsyD after interview?

I just got accepted by KU's adult clinical psych program!! :)

They said during my interview that they'd be emailing with offers on March 26. Hope this helps.

They said during my interview that they'd be emailing with offers on March 26. Hope this helps.

Thanks Sara. During my interview I was told that they'd be emailing offers the week of March 23, but its pretty much the same timeline. Looks like we still have a few more days of waiting....

Hi all,

I found out that I was accepted to Boston College's PhD program (counseling psych) last night via phone call...

Little. In fact, I waited a few hours to open it 'cause I was sure it was just another rejection and I didn't feel like seeing it. lol

Ya. I've been thinking if I get little envelopes I'd just tell my parents to rip it up. Guess I'll change my mind on that now.

Congrats though. That's awesome! At least you have two possibilities now!

Has anyone heard from the University of Montana Clinical PhD program?

First of all, congratulations to everyone that has been accepted!

I was just wondering, has anyone heard anything from Marquette post-interview?

Thanks!

Anyone made a decision about Oregon for clinical psych? I got an offer this week (from the waitlist) and I am looking for possible fellow Mighty Ducks. Please PM me if you are interested in discussing the program there.
Thanks!

I just got accepted at UCF Clinical PhD program!!!!!!! Oh my god i am at work so I am trying to remain calm on the outside but inside i feel like im gonna explode. This is my second time applying and I was so sure taht I was getting all rejections. But UCF just moved into a new psych building so they said their admissions was waaay behind. This has been such a struggle for two years that I cant believe i actually got in. Ahh congrats to everyone with an offer!!! I am off to Orlando baby!

FDU - Has anyone heard from them?
I interviewed, and since then, nothing!

:confused:

THANX!

I just got accepted at UCF Clinical PhD program!!!!!!! Oh my god i am at work so I am trying to remain calm on the outside but inside i feel like im gonna explode. This is my second time applying and I was so sure taht I was getting all rejections. But UCF just moved into a new psych building so they said their admissions was waaay behind. This has been such a struggle for two years that I cant believe i actually got in. Ahh congrats to everyone with an offer!!! I am off to Orlando baby!

Congratulations! This seems to happen frequently; people get good news while at work and then can not celebrate properly. Oh well, have fun after work and good luck in Florida.

FDU - Has anyone heard from them?
I interviewed, and since then, nothing!

:confused:

THANX!
I know they sent out acceptances and waitlists already (a while ago). I didn't get either, but have friends who did.

Just got an offer from the waitlist....any other Sun Devils? :D

I know they sent out acceptances and waitlists already (a while ago). I didn't get either, but have friends who did.

so you have heard nothing since interviewing, same as me?

Has anybody heard anything post-interview (good, bad, or indifferent) about BU's child clinical program (at CARD)? Thanks!

Has anybody heard anything post-interview (good, bad, or indifferent) about BU's child clinical program (at CARD)? Thanks!

BU has extended their invitations. If you haven't heard from you POI I would send him/her an e-mail.

Good luck!

i just received an offer off the waitlist for the penn state adult track last night. i'm super excited - anyone else thinking about/decided on penn state?