1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Acceptance WITHOUT post-bacc/masters

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by meniku3, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. meniku3

meniku3

Sep 3, 2014
    Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, has somebody ever been accepted to either an osteopathic or allopathic school with a undergrad cGPA less than 3.3 and not taken a post-bacc or masters program?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dylan4081

Dylan4081

Jan 5, 2014
    OK
    yes

RunGently and bcurtis like this.
  4. Goro

Goro Probationary Status 5+ Year Member

Yes.

5. DrSteveJBrule

DrSteveJBrule

Aug 13, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Yes. I have so far been accepted to 1 school with a 3.15 cGPA and 3.04sGPA. My mcat and rest of my app was great though. Hoping for a few more :)

6. kelminak

kelminak 5+ Year Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Could I ask what your other stats were? I will probably be applying with something similar except a higher sGPA.

7. DrSteveJBrule

DrSteveJBrule

Aug 13, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Sure. 35 mcat, lots of volunteer and shadowing hours, letters from comittee and 2 DO's, research experience, work as a lab tech and academic coach, and what I've heard is a fairly compelling personal statement + secondary essays. I would have tried a post bacc or masters, but decided to try and apply without to save money.

8. meniku3

meniku3

Sep 3, 2014
    Congrats!! That is Awesome!

9. DrSteveJBrule

DrSteveJBrule

Aug 13, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks! I'm really excited to get on with the real work!

10. RespectTheChemistry19

RespectTheChemistry19 2+ Year Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

11. UCNeuro

UCNeuro Scrubs=life

Aug 8, 2014
    I have 1 acceptance with a 26 mcat and 3.2cGPA 3.45sGPA. I also just interviewed at two places and I have 2 more interviews coming up so yes it can be done.

DrSteveJBrule and yocharlie like this.
  12. meniku3

meniku3

Sep 3, 2014
    That's great!! so happy for you. I'm so glad to hear of other people getting in with similar stats as mine. I still have a year before I apply and I dont expect my gpa to go up much but it gives me hope :)

13. DrSteveJBrule

DrSteveJBrule

Aug 13, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Don't stop putting work in and it will come!