Acceptance WITHOUT post-bacc/masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meniku3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, has somebody ever been accepted to either an osteopathic or allopathic school with a undergrad cGPA less than 3.3 and not taken a post-bacc or masters program?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I have so far been accepted to 1 school with a 3.15 cGPA and 3.04sGPA. My mcat and rest of my app was great though. Hoping for a few more :)

Yes. I have so far been accepted to 1 school with a 3.15 cGPA and 3.04sGPA. My mcat and rest of my app was great though. Hoping for a few more :)

Could I ask what your other stats were? I will probably be applying with something similar except a higher sGPA.

Sure. 35 mcat, lots of volunteer and shadowing hours, letters from comittee and 2 DO's, research experience, work as a lab tech and academic coach, and what I've heard is a fairly compelling personal statement + secondary essays. I would have tried a post bacc or masters, but decided to try and apply without to save money.

I have 1 acceptance with a 26 mcat and 3.2cGPA 3.45sGPA. I also just interviewed at two places and I have 2 more interviews coming up so yes it can be done.

Reactions: 1 users
I have 1 acceptance with a 26 mcat and 3.2cGPA 3.45sGPA. I also just interviewed at two places and I have 2 more interviews coming up so yes it can be done.
That's great!! so happy for you. I'm so glad to hear of other people getting in with similar stats as mine. I still have a year before I apply and I dont expect my gpa to go up much but it gives me hope :)