acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feinberg said they would notify some applicants the last week of November... has anyone received letters yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is pretty much confirmed that the decisions will be sent out this Friday. However, there are claims on SDN floating around that the status page will also indicate a decision that day. Does anyone have a source for this info. That'd be dandy! Thanks.

(I, and I'm sure others, don't want to compulsively check the status page that day all for naught.)

Members don't see this ad :)
there seemed to be a consensus from people like "Prowler" that last year the "mail date" was the same as the "status page change" date...and then people got their letters a few days later.

For us November people, the status page changed the day the letters were postmarked. It wasn't an offical status page change that says "you've been accepted, blah blah" but it had second look info, and stuff like that, pretty much implying we'd been accepted.

yo, junqu and NovemberWhiskey: thanks a bunch guys. Good luck to both of you with all your med school stuff.

I called in earlier this week and they said they probably won't be sending it this Friday. Pamela said they will be made "late February" so we'll get them early March. This probably means they'll send them NEXT Friday and not this Friday.:(

i called yesterday 2/20 and they said they probably wont b sending anything out until early march :(

hmm ... well, their last interview day was yesterday, i believe. i guess it makes sense they need more time to get everything together.

oddly enough, though, their applicant status check web page is down this morning.

an awesome year for NW to be behind their usual "right around valentine's day" notification schedule....SWEET :thumbup:

anyone hear anything from feinberg today? maybe they'll send out decisions next week? my status page hasn't changed either way.

I think we will hear at the end of next week. Good luck everyone:luck:

ya mine hasn't changed eith....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just there on Tues and they told us letters would be mailed March 1st...

I was just there on Tues and they told us letters would be mailed March 1st...

what a burn. and for awhile, it really seemed like feb. 23 was christened as the official decision day. so the waiting continues...

what a burn. and for awhile, it really seemed like feb. 23 was christened as the official decision day. so the waiting continues...

Yeah, I guess they had to schedule an extra interview day on this past Wed because a lot of people couldn't make it to their scheduled day last week becuase of the big storm in the Northeast. So that put them behind a bit with getting the decisions out.

:luck: guys!

Oh, living in California, I completely forgot about how that stinky storm would affect interviews.
Hope everyone got to their interviews safely and didn't have to sleep too long in random airports.

Oh, living in California, I completely forgot about how that stinky storm would affect interviews.
Hope everyone got to their interviews safely and didn't have to sleep too long in random airports.

Yeah, that would be horrible. Our 'storm' out here in southern California consisted of some rain. Makes you forget about what is going on everywhere else. I can't wait to hear from NW!

Good luck to all those who are waiting:luck:

Hope everyone had a blast at NW. Talked to Pamela today, she said that they'd be mailing out acceptances within 48 hours of our conversation. (That means by 5 Eastern on Wednesday for those of you playing along at home.) Wish you all the best, and I hope we're all feeling :cool: come Thursday (or whenever your mail arrives, chumps.)

my heart started pounding when i read that. are you sure they're sending it that soon? will the status page update? ahhhhhh ...

you know, there's some comfort in not even knowing ...

Hope everyone had a blast at NW. Talked to Pamela today, she said that they'd be mailing out acceptances within 48 hours of our conversation. (That means by 5 Eastern on Wednesday for those of you playing along at home.) Wish you all the best, and I hope we're all feeling :cool: come Thursday (or whenever your mail arrives, chumps.)
ah yes it is back to the daily walk to the mailbox then with the accelerated heart rate in apprehension.....

man...when they said the "end" of February they really meant the END of february didn't they...

For folks who were accepted back in November, is there a change on your status page if you're not accepted? It seems like if you are, there's additional information about second look weekend...

Thanks!

Yeah, I remember all the people who got accepted in November saying their status page changed. Mine hasn't yet.

my status page changed..."a decision has been made on your application, you'll recieve a letter by March 8"

that doesn't sound really good.

Mine hasn't changed yet. Anyone else gota any other messages?

No change on mine either. oh the suspense!

Mine hasnt changed, when did yours change?
OMG, I am dying here. I have never heard my heart beat so fast!

sometime in the last couple hours

just checked mine. no change as of yet. i heard about previous years' applicants using status page changes as a gauge of their impending decisions, but i don't want to create a fervor over some hearsay. at this point, who's to say that a change in the page doesn't signify a good thing, junqu?

yipes.

uummm...because any other conclusion wouldn't be automatically jumping to the worst case, most negative scenario-Duh

Keep the faith Junqu, that message is very vague and it is impossible to tell what the decision is based on that. Good luck to all of us:luck:

uummm...because any other conclusion wouldn't be automatically jumping to the worst case, most negative scenario-Duh

haha, you're absolutely right. i'm sure i'd think the same if i were in your shoes. we wouldn't be premeds if we didn't assume the worst, i guess. well, here's hoping your message is a precursor to good news, bro.

and good luck to all that are waiting.

yeah no change in my status page yet. I dont really expect a change until tomorrow or thursday though.

i assume your change was post interview?

God... no status change on my page either... I CAN"T DEAL WITH THE SUSPENSE ANY LONGER.:(

yeah post interview...

God... no status change on my page either... I CAN"T DEAL WITH THE SUSPENSE ANY LONGER.:(
the worst part is knowing it is mailed and then frequently checking your mailbox a couple of days later until the letter is received.

When did you all interview

Gosh,, I am so anxious, I cant even concentrate. Once again, good luck to all of us, I hope we all get in:)

couldn't stand it anymore...I called in. They said all the decisions are made. Letters sent out today hopefully. Maybe tomorrow or the next day though.

wouldn't budge on what the status page change meant.

does anyone else check there status page >10 times a day? the suspense is killing me

couldn't stand it anymore...I called in. They said all the decisions are made. Letters sent out today hopefully. Maybe tomorrow or the next day though.

wouldn't budge on what the status page change meant.

who'd you speak with?

No I think we're all pretty calm, chill, and layed back about it... ;)

the worst part is knowing it is mailed and then frequently checking your mailbox a couple of days later until the letter is received.

EXACTLY. My hand is tired of turning that key in my mailbox only to open it up and see nothing. I just can't deal... I have a midterm tomorrow that I'm trying to study for... cept I keep checking my status page, as if 2 minutes will make a difference. Knowing that all decisions are already made makes me kind of queasy, I'm not gonna lie. I just want to know already... it's my #1. I mean, I already blocked out April 23-25 on my calendar for second look weekend. How sad would it be if I don't get accepted =(