acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interesting ... in the first message i received it says:

If there is an indication of a decision made, look for a decision letter in the email/mail in the next week or so.

email/mail ... wow ... way to be decisive ... i'm pretty sure they're doing hardcopies of everything, though ...

Members don't see this ad.

Any body else receive a change?
Mine still has not changed.
I guess I just have to wait for mail
Goodluck to all those who are still waiting:luck:

Mine changed too! I interviewed November.

Members don't see this ad :)
no change for me either oschemi. I think it may be a good sign though. :luck:

Why do you think it might be a good sign?
Good luck, I wish everyone all the best:D

Look at the bright side, at least they haven't locked any of us out like they did with some pre-interview rejections. :)

Why do you think it might be a good sign?
Good luck, I wish everyone all the best:D

Well, in the past vague messages have generally ended up being waitlists/rejections. Status pages for accepted students (while rarely bugfree) have had other info like second look weekend stuff...etc.

Of course if my status page had changed, I'm sure I'd be busy rationalizing the other way around....:laugh:

:luck: everyone!

Thanks kevinp2. You kinda insinuated the rest of us have bad signs :hungover:

I think all the letters will probably go out tomorrow. So I guess the midwesterners will be hearing first. Why do I live so far away from you Northwestern???

I am soooo confused now. Initially, from looking at the MCAT/GPA of the people who are seeing the "decision has been made" status change, it looks like those are probably acceptances. But now I see that KevinP doesn't have a change and he scored a 41 MCAT. I am starting to think it is random.

It seems to me that since everyone's pretty much changed to the same thing (with the exception that some people's haven't change) that the change is meaningless--it is neither a sign of acceptance nor rejection/waitlist. Maybe they are just slowly changing everyone's status page to reflect the fact that decisions are being sent out.

Eh, I guess we'll know soon enough right?

My status page too hasn't changed. Hopefully that's a good thing! Either way, it seems like decisions are in the mail! Good luck everyone.

My status page too hasn't changed. Hopefully that's a good thing! Either way, it seems like decisions are in the mail! Good luck everyone.

ditto. In the meantime, anyone want to compile a list of changed vs not changed status pages? Is that too anal?? Probably. I'm just curious about the numbers in each group. Plus, we can eventually see if there was any correlation with outcome, benefiting the generations of premeds who come after us (come on, humor me :D ):

Status Page Changed?

Yes:
No:
Lorienne7

Members don't see this ad :)
ditto. In the meantime, anyone want to compile a list of changed vs not changed status pages? Is that too anal?? Probably. I'm just curious about the numbers in each group. Plus, we can eventually see if there was any correlation with outcome, benefiting the generations of premeds who come after us (come on, humor me :D ):

Status Page Changed?

Yes:
No:
Lorienne7
Oschemi

It seems to me that since everyone's pretty much changed to the same thing (with the exception that some people's haven't change) that the change is meaningless--it is neither a sign of acceptance nor rejection/waitlist. Maybe they are just slowly changing everyone's status page to reflect the fact that decisions are being sent out.

Eh, I guess we'll know soon enough right?
yeah its probably just random. They have a group of decisions they mail out today and a group tomorrow etc. Mine still hasnt changed, so my letter will probably go out tomorrow or thursday or friday etc whenever they get around to it. Eventually all will be revealed lol.

Status Page Changed?

Yes:
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi

Status Page Changed?

Yes:
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, premed2007

Status Page Changed?

Yes: junqu
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi

Status Page Changed?

Yes: junqu
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc

Yes: junqu, OHare
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc

No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2

No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2 premed2007

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, dr1228
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, ltrain, Smish

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, ltrain, Smish, pjl2505

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt, Davee
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, ltrain, Smish, pjl2505

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt, Davee, ElementOfDanger

:luck: everyone!

I have finally decided that a change in status does not mean anything and we will know our fates by mail in a couple of days. Good luck everyone:luck:

I was one of the applicants during the last interview day and the adcom told us that all the decisions (accept,waitlist,reject) will go out in a snail mail and everyone should have heard from the school by March 1st (and if you don't, call them) So...go check your mailbox...

I have finally decided that a change in status does not mean anything and we will know our fates by mail in a couple of days. Good luck everyone:luck:
yeah I agree. We might as well stop trying to read to hard into it and just obessively check our mailboxes and the end of the week/beginning of next week lol.

good luck to everyone!

I was one of the applicants during the last interview day and the adcom told us that all the decisions (accept,waitlist,reject) will go out in a snail mail and everyone should have heard from the school by March 1st (and if you don't, call them) So...go check your mailbox...
is that mailed on March 1st or in our mailboxes by March 1st?

I think they meant 'out by March 1st', though not 100% sure.

So... I remember reading something somewhere about how their acceptance letters also come in a single page letter/ small envelope. Is this true? I can just envision myself seeing the small envelope in my mailbox and dying before opening it... so it would be nice to know if I would still have a chance.

Does anyone know anything about this?:confused:

So... I remember reading something somewhere about how their acceptance letters also come in a single page letter/ small envelope. Is this true? I can just envision myself seeing the small envelope in my mailbox and dying before opening it... so it would be nice to know if I would still have a chance.

Does anyone know anything about this?:confused:

yes, the acceptance comes in a small long envelope

good luck everyone! i was accepted in november and I was delighted about it. Last year they paid for the travel for second look weekend but this year they aren't. Which makes me kinda sad.. but oh well..

yes, the acceptance comes in a small long envelope

AWESOME... I'm going to seriously FLIP OUT while opening it. I love med school... it's driving me insane already.:scared:

I live real close to NW....if it hit the mail today...I might get it tomorrow.

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt, Davee, ElementOfDanger
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, ltrain, Smish, pjl2505, gmsquid

any news today?

Hey Headred,
what state are you from? I think you and I had the same sequence of status changes. Just wondering when I should anticipate the mail...

i'm from IL ... i'll let you know if i find out something ... good or bad ...

i'm from IL ... i'll let you know if i find out something ... good or bad ...

Great, sounds good. Does anyone remember the odds? 400/800 interviewers or something?

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt, Davee, ElementOfDanger, ltrain
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, Smish, pjl2505, gmsquid

Good luck guys!

ltrain, what exactly does your status page say?

Yes: junqu, OHare, mikeinsd, Dr 1228, Headred27, Ladyfingers, davee, Monkey12, mira5863, lilold3chordme, Dr Durden, Big XII Fanatic, Jonesie, pepper&salt, Davee, ElementOfDanger, ltrain
No: Lorienne7, Oschemi, Gooniedoc, KevinP2, premed2007, eekonomics, lin1984, Smish, pjl2505, gmsquid

Good luck guys!

Mine changed this morning as well to the decision on March 8th message.