acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I try to deal with in positive ways....Homework, study for midterms, excercise, anxiety blackouts. You know-stuff like that.

Members don't see this ad.

I try to deal with in positive ways....Homework, study for midterms, excercise, anxiety blackouts. You know-stuff like that.

Same here, how is that working out for ya?:laugh:

EXACTLY. My hand is tired of turning that key in my mailbox only to open it up and see nothing. I just can't deal... I have a midterm tomorrow that I'm trying to study for... cept I keep checking my status page, as if 2 minutes will make a difference. Knowing that all decisions are already made makes me kind of queasy, I'm not gonna lie. I just want to know already... it's my #1. I mean, I already blocked out April 23-25 on my calendar for second look weekend. How sad would it be if I don't get accepted =(

that is kind of nerveracking knowing the decisions have been made already:scared:

yeah I feel ya man. The best thing to do know is to try to do something else and not think about it too much because at this point we have done all we pretty much can.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
january interview, still no change in status page.

could it be that earlier interviewees are seeing changes first?

this is quite the anxiety-filled week. i am not well.

this may be the case. I interviewed in Feb and still no change.

Maybe they're going alphabetically?

No change for me and I'm an end-of-the-alphabet person.

Also, I just interviewed on 2/20, so that could be it too ;)

I interviewd late November and No Change yet, I am still being wished a happy new year!!!! :(

I know that the November status page change showed information of the second look weekend if you were accepted, was this the case Feb 06 also? or are we not going to know till we open the envelope

I know that the november status page change showed information of the second look weeken if you were accepted, was this the cas Feb 06 also? or are we not going to know till we open the envelope
I'm hoping someone posts with a different status page change so we can figure that ou.

I have a status change: There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8. I interviewed in December, and my name is towards the beginning of the alphabet, so maybe that's why my status has already switched? But here's my question...didn't the people who got accepted in November see their status page switch to show the dates of the Second Look Weekend? If we don't see that, does that mean rejection/wait list?? :( I hate the stress of these things...

Ooops, sorry, just noticed that two people wrote the same thing. My bad.

I have a status change: There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8. I interviewed in December, and my name is towards the beginning of the alphabet, so maybe that's why my status has already switched? But here's my question...didn't the people who got accepted in November see their status page switch to show the dates of the Second Look Weekend? If we don't see that, does that mean rejection/wait list?? :( I hate the stress of these things...

Ooops, sorry, just noticed that two people wrote the same thing. My bad.
yeah but in November the ONLY people who had changes were the accepted people.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah but in November the ONLY people who had changes were the accepted people.
That's because they did not reject/waitlisted anyone in Nov.

i'd like to know that too ... if we don't know how to interpret the status page change, then we might as well just chill out till we get the mail ...

i don't know why they don't just tell you on the website, it's kind of ridiculous.

i work at feinberg, and went into the admissions office this afternoon. the girl at the desk couldn't tell me if there is any way to infer the decision based on what the status change means. she just didn't know.

status page has changed to the same as the others. january interview, back of alphabet.

interpret away. i'm in the dark.

i interviewed in december ... last name starts with w ... no change yet :(

What is going on?
How come some people's statuses have changed and others havent?
It seems so random

Ack, another dismal sounding "decision has been made" status page update. Interview in mid-December, last name starts towards the latter half of the alphabet.

They should really just post decisions online...

Good luck everyone.

Has anyone who interviewed before the November decisions seen a status page update?

has anyone else who interviewed in december NOT had a status change?

strike that ... i just got something different. :(

Thank you for applying to the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. The status of your application is as indicated below. If there is not an indication of a decision made on your application, your application is still under review. If there is an indication of a decision made, look for a decision letter in the email/mail in the next week or so. Continue to use this site to learn more about us by accessing the links below. Do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Best wishes to you.

Dean Delores Brown

A final decision is forthcoming.

They should really just post decisions online...

Good luck everyone.

Someone asked on my interview day and the vice-dean (Diane?) said that they don't because someone could get ahold of our AMCAS #s and find out our decisions.

Yes, and someone could get ahold of my SSN and steal my tax refund, but the gov't still lets me file online!

Just a few more days, guys!

i don't think i have good news. forthcoming has historically meant waitlist/rejection, i think ...

strike that ... i just got something different. :(

Thank you for applying to the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. The status of your application is as indicated below. If there is not an indication of a decision made on your application, your application is still under review. If there is an indication of a decision made, look for a decision letter in the email/mail in the next week or so. Continue to use this site to learn more about us by accessing the links below. Do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Best wishes to you.

Dean Delores Brown

A final decision is forthcoming.

I got that too! What does it mean?

i don't think i have good news. forthcoming has historically meant waitlist/rejection, i think ...

Yeah, it sounds incredibly ominous. Why can't they just be "forthcoming" and tell us???

No change for me yet.

Edit: I meant forthright, I think. It's hot in my office. My brain is fried.

No change for me yet either.
I just have no idea what this means

my guess is they update in groups. acceptees, waitlist/rejection ...

other people got the message "a decision has been made ..."

hell, i'm not an authority. don't read into it. they probably update everyone at once and it just takes time.

Guys... we might as well try to relax...(as stupid as that sounds) obviously no one has any information on what these status changes actually mean.

I had an EARLY Jan interview, M last name, and I still have no status change. Let's just all hope the freaking letters get to us soon.

And yes. It would be SO much easier for them to just post the decisions, but what can ya do.

Let's hope for the best...:scared:

"There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8."

Early December. K.

what the ...

my status just changed again ...

There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8.

Best wishes,

Dean Delores Brown

what the ...

There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8.

Best wishes,

Dean Delores Brown[/QUOTE

Ok, this is too weird

it's my birthday, this thread is ruining it. i hate technology.

mine changed to that too...

wtf

Interviewed 1/23, last name = J.

You'd think they'd take advantage of technology and just let us know via the status page. :(

what the ...

Best wishes,

Dean Delores Brown

interviewed mid January

did anyone else get the "forthcoming" message first, and then have it change to "a decision has been made ..."?

it might just be that everyone's does that ... and all of you don't check the status page as neurotically as me ...

hmm..no status change here. last name = L, interviewed late october. ugh.

i just got the "There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8." oh boy, now time to start checking the mail daily btw, i interviewed in Sept, last name S

No status changer here either.
Gahhh...pls feinberg.:(

Sorry to raise my voice here but EVERYBODY CHILL OUT

They are surely updating everyones as they are sent out, we have no idea in what order. I doubt they would be doing it in clumps, because this has been going on all day... mine just changed a minute ago and i am near end of alphabet but interviewed early december (the 5th).

there seems to be no way to figure it out if you got in or not, surely some of the people who have had a status change already have, and some havent, so there obviously is no way to tell, so, again, calm down, take a deep breathe, and then go hire someone to stand by your mailbox and call you if anyone gets near it

"There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 8."

Early December. K.

I came back from lunch and got the same message. Interviewed in November. Like junqu I assumed bad news. Glad everyone else's is looking the same.
Does anyone think Dean Brown is going to be calling anyone with acceptances?