acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stoppushingit, the letter was sent to whichever address you indicated on your amcas application. hope that helps~

Members don't see this ad.

and another waitlist. :(

I got an acceptance in the mail today sometime around noon! The letter was postmarked on 2/28/2007 and took 5 days to get to Connecticut. So, East Coasters, don't count yourselves out of the game yet. :luck: to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance in the mail today sometime around noon! The letter was postmarked on 2/28/2007 and took 5 days to get to Connecticut. So, East Coasters, don't count yourselves out of the game yet. :luck: to everyone.

when was your status change smartazz?

acceptance came in the mail today. postmarked 2/28, received in nyc 3/5, tuesday status change, blue screen and all.

good luck to all those waiting, and for those on waiting lists, i have 2 friends who are M2s that were both pulled from the waiting list when they applied. they recommended being really proactive if i got on the waitlist and really wanted to go to feinberg.

now i can use my mug...sigh (of relief)

when was your status change smartazz?

I could have sworn that my status change was on Wednesday. I wasn't logging in compulsively since I read on this thread that decisions were coming in the mail. I don't remember a blue screen (?), although I guess I could have missed it.

Hey everyone who was accepted/waitlisted there are some financial aid forms we have to complete and send in by March 15 if we are to be considered for university funds. I was unaware of this and happened to stumble onto it when looking through stuff on the website. In case someone is also unaware of it, go to

http://chicagofinancialaid.northwestern.edu/medical/2007-08/#required

and there are 3 forms (university aid, student income verification, and one for parents). Hope this helps someone...

Hey everyone who was accepted/waitlisted there are some financial aid forms we have to complete and send in by March 15 if we are to be considered for university funds. I was unaware of this and happened to stumble onto it when looking through stuff on the website. In case someone is also unaware of it, go to

http://chicagofinancialaid.northwestern.edu/medical/2007-08/#required

and there are 3 forms (university aid, student income verification, and one for parents). Hope this helps someone...

Thanks Ladyfingers.

I'm in Boston and got an acceptance letter today. dated 2/28, tuesday status change and blue screen. good luck to all :thumbup:

Ladyfingers, thanks for the financial aid information.

All, I received my acceptance letter on Friday, March 2nd, in Southern California. Best wishes with everything!

Boston. waitlist. Wed status change. sad :(

Son on Spring Break. Report for him. Waitlisted--received Chicago area today, bulk mail, postmarked 3/1 (no return envelope provided despite mention of it); Wed. status page change. LOI sent to no avail apparently.

Illinois apparently does not want to retain its native sons or daughters for future doctors.

Got my acceptance in the mail today. Yay! :smuggrin:

Does anyone know when second look weekend is and how we go about signing up?

Members don't see this ad :)
They're obviously updating something today (tonight) because this is what my status page says now... (I was in the November decisions)

Dear NovemberWhiskey,

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Feinberg School of Medicine. We are thrilled you are a part of the CLASS OF 2011.

Return to this web site on March 1 to register for 2nd Look Weekend. Registration will be open through March 23. 2nd Look Weekend takes place April 13-14. You'll have the chance to see your class, and spend a bit more time with us.

Please do check this website regularly, as we continue to keep you abreast of things you need to know in preparation for matriculation, news around the medical school, and events we are planning for you.

We are very excited about your acceptance and welcoming you to the Feinberg community. See you in April!

Sincerely,

Delores G. Brown, M.S., M.Ed
Associate Dean of Admissions

From NovemberWhiskey's earlier post.

From NovemberWhiskey's earlier post.

Just called the office of admissions. Those of us accepted in March will have access to Second Look signups starting March 8.

Thanks.

Chetakscircle, thanks for calling them :thumbup:

Still no mail today!!!!!!!
I officially hate my mailman:mad: :mad: :mad:

Got mail..........
got waitlisted :( :(
status change Wednesday

no mail here either, tue status change, my letter is going to my dad's po box in central coastal california

Does anyone know when orientation starts in the fall?

Received wait list notice today. Disappointed. Wednesday status update. Postmark 3/1. Please don't make me go to Iowa. :(

Waitlisted too. Time to get to work. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to all who are still waiting.:luck:

ImSoStreesedOut, they sent snail mail letters on Feb 27th and Feb 28thindicating accept/Waitlist/reject. That's how we all found out.

I felt compelled to report this.

Received wait list notice today. Disappointed. Wednesday status update. Postmark 3/1. Please don't make me go to Iowa. :(

Doctor, what don't you like about Iowa (besides the no-brainer of location)? I'm weighing that as an option.

Waitlisted today, status change Wednesday...third waitlist in three days + a rejection...i'm so confused...

Hey all, I was definitely expecting bad news, but today I received an acceptance! The letter was postmarked 2/27....bizarre.

Waitlisted today, status change Wednesday...third waitlist in three days + a rejection...i'm so confused...

man i feel ur pain. looking at ur stats/ec's i seriously don't know what some of the top med schools are looking for. it probably won't make u feel better, but i thought i could bitch about my situation w/ my stats (38/3.7), but u're definitely getting shafted even worse. i'm in the same position w/ just one acceptance to my state school, which isn't that great.

It's pretty obvious that undergrad college does matter. I bet those stats would have gotten you in anywhere if you went to an Ivy and not U. Maryland. I feel your pain, I go to Penn State.

I think you must have a bad LOR or something. I am shocked that you haven't had more success this year.

I doubt its a bad LOR, I think its probably the fact that I go to UMD and graduated in 3 years. State school + 3 years is probably a bad thing. Oh well, at least I saved some time.

I doubt its a bad LOR, I think its probably the fact that I go to UMD and graduated in 3 years. State school + 3 years is probably a bad thing. Oh well, at least I saved some time.

I really don't think the state school thing is an issue. You got a ridunkulous MCAT score, so ADCOMs shouldn't worry about your education. There has to be something more. The 3 year thing might be an issue, but I would bet it is an interview/LOR issue.

The fact that you have already been rejected by WashU says there must be a red flag somewhere in your application. Almost no one gets rejected from there this early, unless they didn't get an interview. I really don't think it matters, unless you are really set on going to a top tier school. However, some schools will talk to you about why they rejected you, so maybe you should try making some phone calls.

There's a million reasons that school's don't take someone. It sucks but great stats can only take you so far.

Don't beat yourself up. A waitlist is a great place to be. It just means you have to work for your acceptance rather than having it handed to you for you to decide. If you want it, tell them, you'll get it.

Unless you wore a bowtie at your interview? Were you that guy? Because I wouldn't have accepted you either.

Haha its all good, I'm not hurt. Yeah, I just don't get it. Maybe I'll ask.

Haha, no way in hell I'd wear a bowtie. Haha I'm not that guy.

Haha, no way in hell I'd wear a bowtie. Haha I'm not that guy.

I work with a doc who has the most amazing collection of bowties I've ever seen, and flaunts them in a "i'm so much cooler than Tucker Carlson" kind of way. He's badass.

Props to the man who can pull off the bowtie. Though, if there is a such thing as pulling off a bowtie. Hah

Haha its all good, I'm not hurt. Yeah, I just don't get it. Maybe I'll ask.

Good, I definitley didn't mean to put you down. Hell, with your MCAT score, you are probably one of the brightest people on this forum. My point was that I believe there must be a red flag in your file because you got rejected so early from a school who is a notorious numbers *****. I would just call and see if you can find out why you were rejected.

I already faxed my acceptance form yesterday, but on the form it also has an address to send it to. Are we supposed to mail it after faxing?

I already faxed my acceptance form yesterday, but on the form it also has an address to send it to. Are we supposed to mail it after faxing?

Yes Phishee. From what I understood, you mail and fax one copy and keep the other copy for yourself.

gmsquid, I'm doing pretty badly in the process too and I have similar numbers (although granted yours are slightly higher). It's likely not your school because I am coming from an ivy and it hasn't done much for me....

p9418 is probably right for both of us. Probably an LOR or an interview issue....

Probably an LOR or an interview issue....

Maybe it's that ****-eating grin on your face and your two thumbs in the air? Or maybe you should not talk about sexy-time in your interviews?

Sorry, I'm an inconsiderate ass. Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out.

Maybe it's that ****-eating grin on your face and your two thumbs in the air? Or maybe you should not talk about sexy-time in your interviews?

Sorry, I'm an inconsiderate ass. Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out.

WaWaWeeWah

Anyone else still not heard anything? I'm in Boston.

I'm not expecting good news, but it would be nice to get something :rolleyes:

Anyone else still not heard anything? I'm in Boston.

I'm not expecting good news, but it would be nice to get something :rolleyes:

They did say that everyone should have an an answer by March 8th, I think you've got good cause to call them tomorrow and ask about your status.

if I know I will for sure go to NW, Should i still go to 2nd look?