acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Junqu didn't get in and went on a bender.

Did Junqu get waitlisted or rejected? Are you his/her roommate or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible that someone got accepted after a Wednesday's status change?
I am beginning to lose hope:( :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm skeptical of the whole tuesday status change=acceptance thing but i was a tuesday status change and got my acceptance letter today. i'm in nashville.

are you a white guy with short blond hair?
did you interview with the middle aged doctor who asked me about point lobos and then about fire hydrants?
i think i remember my student interviewer in the room being from ucla
(third person was a woman with dark curly hair)
(i was there dec 5th)

didnt hear anything yet, but if i dont get in i am holding you personally responsible ;)

I was there dec 5th, too.

Got in today.. Tuesday status change, the whole blue thing..
but i think we got letters today because they mailed them early...Wednesday's status change were probably sent out a day latter.... good luck everyone....

Nothing on the mail yesterday,:( :(
I'm "hopeful" for today :scared: :scared:
My status changed on Wednesday.

I lost track in this thread, but did anyone from the east coast hear? I didn't get anything in the mail TODAY, either. Must wait for Monday now. do'h!

It looks like I spoke too soon about everything being settled. From what I can gather on this site:

Tuesday Change= Acceptance or Rejction
Wednesday Change = Waitlist

It looks like I spoke too soon about everything being settled. From what I can gather on this site:

No rejections?

Anybody in NY hear yet?
I am a Wednesday Status change.

Members don't see this ad :)

My friend and I both had a status change on Tuesday. I got an acceptance and he got a rejection. So there may be some evidence to support Illini2Med's conclusion. And if I'm wrong about this and any of you out there have received news contrary to this conclusion, please chime in!

gosh...nothing in the mail today! i'm so anxious right now...(i'm among the wed status change btw)

hi- my contribution towards sorting out the northwestern code :) - i live in the southeast and had tuesday status change/blue screen and got in today (october interview), postmarked feb 28th~

Wed Status Page Change-Waitlist-Connecticut-can't complain-Off to write LOI

Nothing on the mail today :( :(

Wednesday change of status.
Florida

I just got my waitlist letter in the deep south. I had a Wednesday status change, and my letter was postmarked and dated Feb 28th.

My waitlist letter said to return the waitlist form in the envelope provided, but they didn't send me an envelope. They must really not like me.

My friend and I both had a status change on Tuesday. I got an acceptance and he got a rejection. So there may be some evidence to support Illini2Med's conclusion. And if I'm wrong about this and any of you out there have received news contrary to this conclusion, please chime in!

Hate to throw a wrench in the theory, but I was a Tuesday status change and I just got waitlisted in California. No blue screen business though. Huge surprise it wasn't a rejection - I truly came off as obnoxious in the group interview.

Hate to throw a wrench in the theory, but I was a Tuesday status change and I just got waitlisted in California. No blue screen business though. Huge surprise it wasn't a rejection - I truly came off as obnoxious in the group interview.

Well, I guess you're the proof we were all waiting for... once and for all, there is no connection between when your status page changed and your acceptance/waitlist/rejection status. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

but he/she is the only light bulb out in this parallel circuit. (sorry for the nerdiness)

just got in (saturday mail) - boston area - tuesday status change but *no* blue screen drama - letter postmarked 2/28.

good luck to everyone!!

One exception doesn't necessarily disprove the theory...

Waitlist letter (socal) today. Wednesday status change. I'm declining my space on the waitlist though...would rather go to Vandy over it, although Feinberg's location rocks! Good luck everyone!!

I know this is not the thread for that but a quick Q, I know NW is quarter system, pass/fall, right? does any one know the first day of class for M1?

Thanks​

I think the mailman forgot where my house was and forgot to leave the letter.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Now I have to wait 'till Monday.:(

Of those that got acceptances are you planning on attending or declining?

Of those that got alternate list are you planning on accepting or declining the offer?

I know this is not the thread for that but a quick Q, I know NW is quarter system, pass/fall, right? does any one know the first day of class for M1?

Thanks​

Dunno when the first day of class is...there is a week long orientation prior. it is basically a week of drinking every night assuming things havent changed.

quarter system, semester system, it doesnt matter and really is not the way to think about it. the reason i say it doesnt matter is because all you really need to know is that you have a test every 6 weeks or so. this goes on throughout 1st year. you dont take "classes" per se like in college. basically you have a certain amount of lectures everyday and you have labs interspersed throughout the week. whatever material you have covered in lecture over a span of 6 weeks is fair game for the exam(typically a 3 hour exam with 100+ multiple guess questions). usually each 6 week stretch covers a certain physiologic system. and yes, the first 2 years are pass/fail.

anyone in NC receive an acceptanc yet?

Man, this wait is killing me. Good luck Stoppushingit. I hope u get in!

thanks oschemi, seems like we're in the same boat. let's just try to keep the positive thinking going :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

thanks oschemi, seems like we're in the same boat. let's just try to keep the positive thinking going :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I am just praying that this Wed status page change has a few acceptances sent out lol:laugh:
Goodluck to you too!!

Last edited:
So I've yet to receive anything in the mail--likely a waitlist, no? I have no clue exactly when my status changed, but I've got the "A final decision has been made..." message.

So i have received quite a few PMs regarding the move to chicago from LA. i thought i would try to address many of the questions on this thread. i am sure others have similar questions.

first off...i actually spent the year off i had between medical school and undergrad living at home so i did not have a whole lot of furniture to move out to chicago. actually...i did not have any furniture to move. however, i did have clothes, geetar, hockey gear etc to move. so what i did was pack up as many clothes as i could and took them with me on the plane ride to chicago. then...everything else that i didnt want to lug around o'hare i shipped to my address. back then things were a little easier because my class was probably one of the last classes to use the lake shore drive graduate housing dorms. so the nice thing for us was that we could move to chicago without having to worry about signing housing contracts. but as of the last few years, the classess have all had to move in and find their own housing as far as i know.

so i thought i would post a few of the website of the main buildings that the majority of the graduate students live in.

http://www.lakeshoreplaza.com/
this is the building i have lived in for the past 3 years. if you use me as your referral i will split the $500 bonus they give me. 250 for you, 250 for me.

http://www.metprop.com/onterie/onterie.htm

http://www.mcclurgcourt.com/

420 East Ohio

Abbott Hall and Worcester House

ok...so those are the main places students choose to live in initially. all of thse places are walking distance from the hospital. very few students have cars here. there really isnt a need for one downtown. unlike LA, public transportation in chicago exists and is excellent. since i did not move directly into one of the aforementioned apartment buildings i can't speak from experience regarding signing a lease. i would imagine you would have to fly out for a day or two to walk around the area and figure out which building you would like to live in. otherwise, you can try negotiating over the phone.

also...for people wondering where to buy furniture...what i did was rent a uhaul truck and drove out to schaumburg(30min or so west of the city) and hit up both the ikea, the costco, best buy, assorted furniture stores etc. to purchase my tv, couch, bed, mattress, tables, desks, etc.

ok...i hope that helped a little...

if anyone has other questions feel free to post it on this thread...i will try to answer it on this thread so everyone can see the reply. i am sure others have similar questions as you!

also...i have gotten a lot of questions about the general feel of living in LA compared to chicago.

well...when i was at UCLA i lived in santa monica. it was nice to be able to drive down to 3rd street, the getty, etc. i think chicago is actually very similar to the westside of LA. navy pier has a ferris wheel and from many of the apartments you can have a view of navy pier. it reminds me of santa monica pier. michigan avenue(steps from the hospital) has high end shopping...very similar to rodeo drive and other ritzy places in LA. there are many a famous person living in the area. oprah has a pent house in water tower i believe. many a movie are filmed in chicago...recent ones that come to mind are the break up, batman begins, etc. the lake is amazing during the summer...sure it is not an ocean and you cannot go surfing but there are tons of yachts in the marina. there are summer festivals that everyone seems to attend in chicago. the beaches have tons of sunbathers and volleyball players. in fact they have a pro beach volleyball tournament there every summer i believe. if you like to jog...jogging along the lake front is always cool. basically the summers here are AMAZING. if you like restaurants.,..i think chicago has every kind of restaurant imaginable. you have GREAT theatre in the loop area of the city. theres tons of things to do even during the winter. the art institute has everything you could ever want from degas, to van gogh, to caillebotte, to picasso, etc.

now the bad part...the winters suck...but seeing as though you will be studying very hard during the winters thats ok. in fact, i have liked the city so much that i am going to try and stay here for a bit longer(match day is march 15th. ytikes!).

ok....any other questions? my ass is tired of typing for now.

Congrats to all the new acceptances ! Hope to see you guys at revisit weekend.

UCLAMAN, would you recommend doing the apt. tour during revisit?

Congrats to all the new acceptances ! Hope to see you guys at revisit weekend.

UCLAMAN, would you recommend doing the apt. tour during revisit?

you could...the apartments i listed are all within a block or two radius of the hospital. in fact, the students you stay with may even live in these buildings. dunno how feasible it would be to meet with a representative from each building...but at least seeing each building would be doable.

were letters mailed to school or home addresses?
my home address is my aunt's place, and she said she got something but forwarded the letter to me without looking at where it was from...

my home address is my aunt's place, and she said she got something but forwarded the letter to me without looking at where it was from...
oh that sucks!

stoppushingit, the letter was sent to whichever address you indicated on your amcas application. hope that helps~

I guess I'm waiting for the mailman again.
... CubanDoc goes to the mailbox for the twentieth time today :scared: :scared: ...