acceptances from Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oops I didn't catch that. i only faxed it
Same here, I just realized it.. I will mail it tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused. Good thing I asked.

if I know I will for sure go to NW, Should i still go to 2nd look?

I know I want to go to NU too, but I want to go to 2nd look and look at apartments. My bf is coming with me though, since he is moving with me, so if the day is too jam packed I might go back on my own to look at places. I hope they post the info about it soon.

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of 2nd look. Yes, you can meet future classmates, but some of those people are still deciding and may not be there in August. I say wait for more info (if possible) and then register if it appeals to you. Also, consider cost since we are all on the road to a lot of debt.

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't say anywhere that we need to mail it in unless you guys are referring to the bottom of the acceptance form where it says "mail to...". However, I don't see why they need us to mail it in if we have already faxed it to them. Hmmmm.

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of 2nd look. Yes, you can meet future classmates, but some of those people are still deciding and may not be there in August. I say wait for more info (if possible) and then register if it appeals to you. Also, consider cost since we are all on the road to a lot of debt.

back in my day the school used to pay for plane tickets to go to second look.(and i flew in from ontario, ca which usually costs more than LAX) they don't do that anymore or what? plus you will be staying at a 1st year's apartment so there usually isn't a need to pay for a place to stay. i guess the only thing you would have to pay for is your drinks at the bars/clubs you go to, which there should be cheap drink specials at anyways.

2nd look weekend is a weekend full of fun. even if you know for sure you are going to northwestern, so long as you have the time why would you NOT go? its free, its fun, its in chicago(usually the weather is nicer by then)....what? you don't like the idea of partying in chicago? what kind of lamers are we accepting to our school these days? :rolleyes:

i kid, i kid! :laugh: hopefully you will all come out!

It doesn't say anywhere that we need to mail it in unless you guys are referring to the bottom of the acceptance form where it says "mail to...". However, I don't see why they need us to mail it in if we have already faxed it to them. Hmmmm.

I guess they want the hard original.

Faxes have been known to get lost in offices or electronic neverland. Do yourself a favor & snail mail it also via Priority Mail. It'll cost you $4.05 and/or send it certified (an additional couple bucks)--better to be safe than sorry!

Faxes have been known to get lost in offices or electronic neverland. Do yourself a favor & snail mail it also via Priority Mail. It'll cost you $4.05 and/or send it certified (an additional couple bucks)--better to be safe than sorry!

Well I know they got it because I'm already in the northwestern directory with an @md.northwestern.edu e-mail address

for those who were accepted.

Have you guys received any emails/mails regarding filling out financial aid?
I didn't get any but I realized it was due on march 15th!

back in my day the school used to pay for plane tickets to go to second look.(and i flew in from ontario, ca which usually costs more than LAX) they don't do that anymore or what? plus you will be staying at a 1st year's apartment so there usually isn't a need to pay for a place to stay. i guess the only thing you would have to pay for is your drinks at the bars/clubs you go to, which there should be cheap drink specials at anyways.

I think people who got accepted in November said that they aren't paying for us ths year :( Plus if you are bringing someone, like me, you can't stay with a student. Trust me, if it was free I would be all over it.

for those who were accepted.

Have you guys received any emails/mails regarding filling out financial aid?
I didn't get any but I realized it was due on march 15th!

The brochure is at chicagofinancialaid.northwestern.edu get it in by 3/15

I think people who got accepted in November said that they aren't paying for us ths year :( Plus if you are bringing someone, like me, you can't stay with a student. Trust me, if it was free I would be all over it.

that sux if they aren't paying.

if thats the case...i would still try to make it...if nothing else but to figure out my living situation for the upcoming schoolyear.

well i guess i can stop checking this thread, my letter finally came and I am a no go :( (its ok though i couldnt afford to go to the second look anyhow)

edit: I forgot, tue status change, central california location

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally dragged myself out into the cold to pick up my waitlist letter. Now I have to drag myself back outside to mail off my "declination" (despite what merriam webster says, it's hard for me to believe that that's a word). Btw, I was a Wednesday status change.

Got my waitlist today.

Maybe it took so long because it was mailed to my old address that was updated via AMCAS in SEPTEMBER. :thumbdown:

Anyone remember the stats for how many they put on the waitlist?

300 on the waitlist

Yeah, but it seems like a number of people are declining the waitlist, and so that might make people's chances better!

I also received no notification concerning the financial aid forms that are due March 15. Freaking lame. I sent them off yesterday though.

FYI: Second Look info and registration is up and running.

Phishee,

Is it me or are the dates off on the website?

"Pre-Conference Activities: Friday, April 12, 2007, 12 pm - 5 pm"

Isn't Friday April 13th not the 12th?

Yeah, I saw that too. It's supposed to be Friday the 13th (ooooooh spooky). Anyway, if you look at the "second look weekend, general agenda" page the dates are correct.

Who else is going to the 2nd look weekend? Is anyone else planning to stay an extra day (Sunday 4/15)?

I think I am going, I am deciding tonight, if I go I will stay untill Sunday or even Monday..

DR1228, Do you think we could stay with a student host that extra night or just get a hotel room? I'm going to email the coordinator and ask about this, I'll let you know what she says.

DR1228, Do you think we could stay with a student host that extra night or just get a hotel room? I'm going to email the coordinator and ask about this, I'll let you know what she says.

as a former student host myself...i would imagine that the students wouldnt be too bothered if you stayed an extra night. the coordinator would just hafta look for a student that could host you for the extra night.

As always, thanks UCLAMAN

I still can't believe I got accepted to NW. It's my dream school…….I just registered for the 2nd look weekend. I was hesitant because I know I will defiantly attend NW; I am withdrawing my other acceptances by the end of the week. I am flying from California, so I was thinking about the plane ticket, but I think it is so worth it…

If you're def going, second look becomes "find a roomate and check out places to live" weekend. So it's very worthwhile to go, even from Cali. Even spending 3 hours with someone, you at least know whether or not they're super crazy and if you can handle living with them. So it's worthe plain ticket. Plus, you get to see how much less painful Chicago is in April. Maybe there will be sunshine.

i'm going to second look weekend

Are you going to the second look weekend? (optional: Home state or the state you're coming from)

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (?); Junqu(?);
May be:
No:

Are you going to the second look weekend? (optional: Home state or the state you're coming from)

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (?); Junqu(?);
May be:
No:

haha...kinda like an evite or a facebook invitation. nice.

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?);
May be:
No:

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?);
May be:
No:

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX)
May be:
No:

adding

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX);
May be:
No:

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
1. CLICK "QUOTE" IN THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
4. WRITE WHAT YOU DID IN THE TITLE AT THE TOP.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

whoops, that was my bad - thanks

congrats to you as well

(you wouldn't guess I've been a forum admin for 3 years by my lack of reading lol)

whoops, that was my bad - thanks

congrats to you as well

(you wouldn't guess I've been a forum admin for 3 years by my lack of reading lol)

LOL, no problem. I guess it's pretty late and you're probably tired.

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX);
May be:
No: Ladyfingers (CA)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).
===DON'T DELETE===

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX); elementofdanger (MD)
May be:

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

:D

northwestern is amazing. and dont worry waitlisters....i didnt get off the list until late june. Just make sure you call every week and write letters with every extra thing that has happened ie. I pooped green today, etc.

northwestern is amazing. and dont worry waitlisters....i didnt get off the list until late june. Just make sure you call every week and write letters with every extra thing that has happened ie. I pooped green today, etc.

Hey pnasty, question for you.

Did you just call the admissions office and speak to the receptionist so they'd check off that you called? Or did you ask to speak to Dean Brown? And you sent hard copies of letters to the office?

Thanks!

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX); elementofdanger (MD); dvz2102 (MA)
May be:

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX); elementofdanger (MD); dvz2102 (MA)
May be:

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

I justed wanted to let everyone know that we will have accomodations to stay with a student host for two nights: Both Friday and Saturday night, so make your plans accordingly.

Yes: NN11(CA); Dr1228 (CA); Junqu(?); blackrsx (TX); elementofdanger (MD); dvz2102 (MA); madbay (CA)
May be:

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
===DON'T DELETE===

Does anyone know how many people they usually take off the waitlist? (out of 300?) And also, when do these students typically find out?
thanks!

from one of my phone calls, i was told it could be anywhere from a few to up to 40. depending on how many people decline and movement starts after may 15th.

keep calling and showing interest though.

thanks bola... do you know if they will tell students anything about their position on the waitlist? Also, I've sent them two letters and called a couple times now. How much is too much? What kind of things are they looking for? Should we be asking questions about the school... I just don't know what I'm supposed to keep updating them about.