Accepted to UPenn but not attending?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, i'm hitting the bottle. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I got an e-mail on Saturday 6/26 from someone who was trying to decide between Penn and Hopkins, so things are still possible. What did I tell them? The truth. You might all think that it probably sent the person running :laugh:

PS: I am not down about Penn! I just have no problems telling people everything. Nobody else will say the negative stuff, so everyone prods me for it!

why in the world did the adcom give that person your contact info? =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!

I called the admissions office today and was told that Ms. Sheffler will be on vacation until July 13th. In addition, when I asked about the waitlist, she said I would be receiving some correspondence in a few weeks regarding it. I am guessing it is either a letter stating that I no longer have a chance for admission or if I am still interested in UPenn (I would think the former rather than the latter). Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: We should get our closure one way or another soon.

--DrJ2B

Newquagmire said:
why in the world did the adcom give that person your contact info? =)

Oh I just realized you were talking to me. Well, they publish a list of students who are willing to talk about stuff with prospectives. I'm on that list because I signed up for it. AFAIK, Penn does not remove people from interviewer slots or stuff like that unless they're really bad. My opinions about the school, good and bad, are supposedly what they want me to expound.

That being said, I'm tired of being asked the question. I would be happy to talk to you if you are deciding about or matriculating at Penn. If you're just deciding where to apply, yes, you should apply. Unless of course you're asking me whether I think you're good enough to get an interview, which I'll answer but not be right about.

Neuronix said:
Oh I just realized you were talking to me. Well, they publish a list of students who are willing to talk about stuff with prospectives. I'm on that list because I signed up for it. AFAIK, Penn does not remove people from interviewer slots or stuff like that unless they're really bad. My opinions about the school, good and bad, are supposedly what they want me to expound.

That being said, I'm tired of being asked the question. I would be happy to talk to you if you are deciding about or matriculating at Penn. If you're just deciding where to apply, yes, you should apply. Unless of course you're asking me whether I think you're good enough to get an interview, which I'll answer but not be right about.

imo, that's good of penn and you to put forth the negatives. but... what question are you talking about? i already applied...

Oh sorry, the question is "Could you tell me about the goods and bads about Penn?" Sometimes appended with "Especially the bads," I get it all the time. I can understand why. When you're shopping for anything it can be very hard to find someone who's not a cheerleader for the product.

Hey DrJ - Any word from Penn yet?

yeah man, dr.J, i wanna update!!!

I dug this up from the archives. Any recent withdrawees care to post?