According to ptcas my overall gpa is 3.23. Do you think this is good enough for DPT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SelenaMarie

Reaction score
I am apply for this open cycle and I am currently retaking 2 science classes this fall and in the spring I am taking for the first time physics 2. I hope to make an A on the two courses I am taking this fall. I believe I can do it. Physics 2 I might get away with a B. I'm not too sure. However, I submitted my application already with the grade I currently have. One class ends in 8 weeks, so I hope I can get my new grade in before they make final decisions. My GRE score was not too great, I have an overall score of 288 and writing 4.0. I submitted my application to schools that do not look at GRE scores. However, In a few weeks I am retaking the GRE in hopes of getting it closer to 300. If I get it to at least 300 I plan to apply to more PT schools to hopefully get into at least 1.

I have over 2000 experience hours as a PT tech and over 400 observation hours at 4 out patient clinics, and 1 in patient facility. I have 3 letters of recommendations from 2 PTs that know me well and 1 OT who also knows me well. I reread my essay and answer questions and I had them all reread by other people. So I hope they give a good impression. My gpa trend is good, every year I improved. My freshman year is what I believe is bringing my gpa down. I have a few academic achievements. Graduated with my associates Cum Laude, Dean's List and Presidents List my last two semesters before I graduated with my undergrad.

How do my stats look? I am so nervous. My pre-req courses I have maintains A's and B's (More B's than A's) with the exception of the 2 I am currently retaking.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a chance IF you apply to schools whose average student have stats similar to yours. (And there are many schools like that.)You did the right thing avoiding schools that require GRE. You observation hours are good.
Regarding being on Dean's and President's lists, I assume almost all applicants have those achievements since schools put you on those lists if your GPA is above 3.0.

Look into schools who do their own separate GPA calculation and who also take the highest grade if you retook or are retaking any classes. PTCAS includes everything on your transcript, including any class that you dropped or retook. If your GPA calculation is higher in comparison to what PTCAS has calculated I wouldn't be too worried about it. Most schools don't use the PTCAS GPA and instead do their own calculation. Your other stats look pretty good. What was your GPA prior to PTCAS calculating it?