This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

If you had to choose

• Total voters

orrari

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am in the process of choosing a masters program right now, and as you can see it's the masters programs affiliated with ARCOM and PNWU-COM.

PNWU- Pros
  • Very high matriculation rate into medical school, this year its projected to be 32/40 or something.
  • PNWU is an established program, and their match list looks nice
  • I can transfer credit from the SciFoM course if I continue at PNWU! Its a 10 credit class I think
Cons
  • Price, its gonna cost around 36k
  • Yakima Ive heard some concerning things about crime in Yakima, as well as just how enjoyable the city is to live in. That its sort of economically disadvantaged and I might have trouble going about my day to day.
    • Ive heard mixed things about this, please lmk if you've been, or go to PNWU

ARCOM- Pros
  • Tuition is 5k!!
  • Matriculation rate, I heard it was 25/48 that got into the program this cycle, that's more than 50% but not as good as the PNWU MAMS,
    • I believe it's because perhaps some students choose not to go onto medicine? If someone knows about matriculation into ARCOM please feel free to comment/PM!!
Cons
  • Ive heard this is a very tough program, and that a lot more students fail or drop out/ have to repeat or remediate courses
    • if anyone who has done the ARCOM masters can comment or PM about just how difficult this program is, especially if you know how it is compared to other SMPs, please do so!
  • Ive also seen the match rate is quite high, but it is a lot of rural and family medicine residencies, which isn't my interest really.

So really if anyone can comment on my concerns about Yakima or how the ARCOM SMP was, or anything really, please let me know it would really help out a lot! THANKSSS

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I graduated PNWU MAMS this year and am accepted into their COM program. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions!