This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisistheway2

Reaction score
I've spent the last couple of hours reading through threads to get opinions, but wanted to ask here as well.

ACOM
Pros - 100% residency placement in 2021, heard of students getting competitive residencies incl. derm (not my interest, but good to know its not impossible for a dedicated student), award-winning simulation center, generally a more positive feeling coming out of their interview/info session, lower tuition ($57,658 tuition)
Cons - 50% attendance required, graded (not p/f), Dothan is pretty far from any big cities

NYITCOM -AR
Pros - Close to family (OK/MO/TX), p/f, non-mandatory attendance, connection to established school with NYITCOM in Old Westbury, can obtain MBA within the 4 year DO program, 1hr from memphis and 2hrs from little rock
Cons - Majority of lectures are virtual from NY campus (less access to professors for office hours), lower COMLEX scores and match rate than ACOM, higher tuition (
61,960.00)

I've also been accepted to VCOM-Carolinas, LMU-DCOM, and Touro, so tell me if I'm stupid for ignoring those. I just got the best impression from ACOM, but being close to family with NYITCOM is valuable to me and my wife.

I'm most likely interested in pediatrics, psychiatry, or anesthesiology. I'm very interested in an MBA. I'm married (a few years). I don't have much of a research background, but I'm interested in getting more involved as possible. Thanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Which Touro? An MBA is not usually useful without real world experience in the area you’d like to use it for, so I wouldn’t give NYIT much of a leg up on that specific point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which Touro? An MBA is not usually useful without real world experience in the area you’d like to use it for, so I wouldn’t give NYIT much of a leg up on that specific point.
California, and I do have a couple of years in a business field, that's part of why I want to get the MBA.

Touro CA is an established school. ACOM is good but had concerns about first year attrition before they recently allowed remediation. So I would take a deeper look at Touro CA. The distance from family shouldn’t be much different from the others considering you can’t really drive across states over the weekend easily to visit.

Touro CA is an established school. ACOM is good but had concerns about first year attrition before they recently allowed remediation. So I would take a deeper look at Touro CA. The distance from family shouldn’t be much different from the others considering you can’t really drive across states over the weekend easily to visit.
Thanks, I'll definitely do a bit more digging on Touro then.

I've spent the last couple of hours reading through threads to get opinions, but wanted to ask here as well.

ACOM
Pros - 100% residency placement in 2021, heard of students getting competitive residencies incl. derm (not my interest, but good to know its not impossible for a dedicated student), award-winning simulation center, generally a more positive feeling coming out of their interview/info session, lower tuition ($57,658 tuition)
Cons - 50% attendance required, graded (not p/f), Dothan is pretty far from any big cities

NYITCOM -AR
Pros - Close to family (OK/MO/TX), p/f, non-mandatory attendance, connection to established school with NYITCOM in Old Westbury, can obtain MBA within the 4 year DO program, 1hr from memphis and 2hrs from little rock
Cons - Majority of lectures are virtual from NY campus (less access to professors for office hours), lower COMLEX scores and match rate than ACOM, higher tuition (
61,960.00)

I've also been accepted to VCOM-Carolinas, LMU-DCOM, and Touro, so tell me if I'm stupid for ignoring those. I just got the best impression from ACOM, but being close to family with NYITCOM is valuable to me and my wife.

I'm most likely interested in pediatrics, psychiatry, or anesthesiology. I'm very interested in an MBA. I'm married (a few years). I don't have much of a research background, but I'm interested in getting more involved as possible. Thanks for any thoughts!
I believe ACOM has a partnership with Troy University where you can also get a DO/MBA during your time there.

Reactions: 1 user

ACOM

NYITCOM -AR
61,960.00)

Current OMS-I at NYIT Jonesboro. Almost all of our lectures this semester have been recorded by faculty at our campus and are disseminated to both campuses. Next semester for neuro anatomy the professor who records the lectures for both campuses is based at our campus as well. The lectures that we have had from NY faculty we have had easy access to them over Zoom. Many of them are also willing to have same day video calls for groups or individuals.
To your research interest point, our campus also has access to the AState labs and AState faculty for research opportunities. Several of our faculty members also have research labs within AState through a partnership agreement and have really amazing research. There are also several faculty members and opportunities through local hospitals for clinical research opportunities as well.

Current OMS-I at NYIT Jonesboro. Almost all of our lectures this semester have been recorded by faculty at our campus and are disseminated to both campuses. Next semester for neuro anatomy the professor who records the lectures for both campuses is based at our campus as well. The lectures that we have had from NY faculty we have had easy access to them over Zoom. Many of them are also willing to have same day video calls for groups or individuals.
To your research interest point, our campus also has access to the AState labs and AState faculty for research opportunities. Several of our faculty members also have research labs within AState through a partnership agreement and have really amazing research. There are also several faculty members and opportunities through local hospitals for clinical research opportunities as well.
I'll very likely be attending NYIT Jonesboro in the Fall. Do you like it? I toured the building and it seems pretty nice.

I'll very likely be attending NYIT Jonesboro in the Fall. Do you like it? I toured the building and it seems pretty nice.
I have really enjoyed my experience so far! Happy to answer any specific questions you might have. Feel free to DM me