Act

selenaharvard24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it a must to take the ACT examination?
Do colleges consider only SAT I and SAT II to be enough?

Members don't see this ad.

For some colleges like the UC's the ACT is optional, while for others its required. You should check the school's website to know the prerequisites. SAT and SAT II's are normally on the prerequisites list.

Hello,

Most colleges accept the SAT or the ACT, although some schools prefer only the SAT. Some colleges require you to have a certain number of SAT II tests and/or grant you credit for those tests.

The best place to look would be the admissions section of your potential colleges' website.

Hope this helps and best of luck with the application process

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Most colleges will give the ACT equal weight as the SAT I. In some selective colleges, take the Ivy League schools for instance, the SAT II subject tests are required in addition to the SAT I.

Back in the day, most northeastern schools, again, take the Ivy League for example, took the SATs only, whereas southern schools took the ACT.
Now, most places will look at them equally.

If you're planning to attend a college in the Midwest, plan on taking the ACT. Most of those colleges prefer or require it.

Thank you very much for your advice. I also wish you the best of luck
in your application processes. I found the info to be really helpful. Furthermore I looked up the collegeboard list of university requirements.

Thank you very much for your advice. I also wish you the best of luck
in your application processes. I found the info to be really helpful. Furthermore I looked up the collegeboard list of university requirements.

You're welcome. But CollegeBoard can be misleading sometimes especially if the university updates its requirements. Be safe by checking the university website and calling their admissions department (I've found that emails tend to be easily ignored).