ADC exam buddy group here!(pls come in and join)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
congrates on passing preliminary.
don't worry about the clinical as when i passed my preliminary .. i had also no idea about the clinical exam format and course but i did some research and got information.
Well I don't know about the numbers like CD1 , 2 and 3 but I know what subjects each has got.
one CD has got endo+ peads+ fixed + operative.
the other has got pero + RPD
the 3rd one has got surgery + oral medicine/pathology + infection control +radiology.
so they have put related subjects together.
and if someone fails one CD out of 3, he has to sit in that CD only in supply but if more than one CD than has to reppear the whole exam.
cheers :hardy:
dr. melbourne

Hi dr.melbourne,
Congrats for having passed your part 1. please can you post me soft copies of boucher, cawson, odell, therapeutic guidelines....am planning to sit for the sep exam and am not able to locate these books from anywhere. your help will be very much appreciated.my email id is [email protected]
thanx in advance and all the best for your prep.:luck:

crack a smile:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi....this is riger here doing my internship in bangalore....i am giving my oet......can any one pls help me from where to study for oet..?that oet book enough or not...?
pls reply me i am a bit new to this group.......:)

Hi Crack a smile!
Send me direct e-mail on my e-mail ID and I will send you some valuable help.
cheers:hardy:
Dr. melbourne

dear dr melbourne!
hi , i will be really grateful :love: if u can help me out as well .... jus need a glimpse of this therapeutic guidlines :(!! plz

Does any 1 know Wat is the precentage that one has to take for passing the prelims, I mean wats the criteria.:confused:

Hey riger

Where in Bangalore are you
I'm in bangalore and if u need anything abt OET or Prelims lemme noe
You can mail me on my id [email protected]

Racheal

hi....this is riger here doing my internship in bangalore....i am giving my oet......can any one pls help me from where to study for oet..?that oet book enough or not...?
pls reply me i am a bit new to this group.......:)

Does any 1 know Wat is the precentage that one has to take for passing the prelims, I mean wats the criteria.:confused:

Hi

You need to pass 4 out of the 7 sections
i.e., you need to get 65%

Racheal

hello dr.melbourne
thank u very much for ur valuable advice.i'll start reading now.
can u plz tell me ur personal e-mail id, as i have some doubts to ask?
i hope u don mind. n ya wen did u pass ur preliminary n wen r u appearing for clinicals?jus wanted to know.thanx in advance.:)

hello dr.melbourne
thank u very much for ur valuable advice.i'll start reading now.
can u plz tell me ur personal e-mail id, as i have some doubts to ask?
i hope u don mind. n ya wen did u pass ur preliminary n wen r u appearing for clinicals?jus wanted to know.thanx in advance.:)

Hi
My e-mail ID is [email protected]
I have mentioned this many times before but I think you don't read all the post regularly.
anyways best of luck
Docor melbourne

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u Arsalan, Enlighten and all those who have helped me,
thank u sooooooooo much
bye

hi racheal
even u r giving exam dis nov. i cleared part 1 dis march n wud b sitting clinicals next, so how r u preparing?
have u got ur dates?
jus give me also some info regarding clinicals
thanku very much:)

Hi
Yes i am plannin to take the clinicals in Nov'08
Haven't got the dates as yet
still in the process of sendin the fee and other formalities
studyin??? havn't started
have to find all the books we need to study
do u have the list of the books we need to study/refer

Racheal

hi racheal
even u r giving exam dis nov. i cleared part 1 dis march n wud b sitting clinicals next, so how r u preparing?
have u got ur dates?
jus give me also some info regarding clinicals
thanku very much:)

Hey send me ur email id

any info i'll fwd it to u

Racheal

Hi,
There must be a prob with ur computer or the connection that u r using. Cuz the sites are working fine. I would ve helped u out but the mail address does'nt ve so much attachment space to send such huge files.+pity++pissed+

Hi Everybody!

I am so fortunate to have found this group; this is such an awesome idea! :) So here are my details :

ID: Kassia
Status: passed OET (09/07), preparing for the prelim ( 09/08)
Country of origin: Mauritius
Area can help or need help: cannot be of great help for the time being but hope to be able to in the future. Need help preparing for the prelim.
Year of degree:1990
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi
I got the list of the books from ADC with the preliminary exam schedule, check all you ADC documents , may be you find it.
Cheers:hardy:
Dr. melbourne
icon2.gif
welcome to you on the forum

hi
I have cleared my preliminary in sep 2007. i m preparing clinicals now.
I am talking about the oral medicine and RPD atlases.
dr. melbourne

Hi
I got the list of the books from ADC with the preliminary exam schedule, check all you ADC documents , may be you find it.
Dr. melbourne

Hi, DR. Mlebourne you passed the Preliminary examination in 2007 and how come he got the schedule again???????? ?????????????????

Hi
Dr. melbourne

Dr Melbourne is a senior member and he may be talking about NZDC not ADC. some people give preliminary exam in NZDC and ADC , Some time back I asked a member did you pass the exam? and he is hiding now

Dear Dr Mousse

Thank you for the list
All the best for the Clinicals

Racheal

Hi could you tell us what books they recommend

You shud Check out the earlier pages and threads of the forum, there U'll find the info u need and a lot more helpfull stuff.:thumbup:

Regards
Dr. Babi

Dr Melbourne is a senior member and he may be talking about NZDC not ADC. some people give preliminary exam in NZDC and ADC , Some time back I asked a member did you pass the exam? and he is hiding now

Hi
Hey... whats this confusion all about? yes. I did my preliminary last September and it is ADC not NZDC. But I got the list when they sent me all the details about the preliminary because they expect us to study all the book (in the list) for the preliminary as well. (we useually use the list only for the clinical) but the thing is most people don't give importance to the list at the time of preliminary preperation.
Dr melbourne

Is there any site where I can download some material to practise Periodontal probing and charting.

Is there any site where I can download some material to practise Periodontal probing and charting.

Hi carios!
You can do it from any good dental book..to fill-up the chart is very easy . the important thing is that you can measure (practically)the pocket depth and mobilty etc accuretly in the clinical exam as the examers exactly know the values of your patient. So practice practically . During the exam, you will measure and the nurse beside you will write it in the chart.
Cheers :hardy:
Dr. melbourne

Hi
Thanks alot for such a valuable information and help.
I will try your mentioned sites.
Cheers and keep the good work up.
Dr. melbourne

Hello every one!

This time the part-1 results were bad. There were all new questions in paper 2 of MCQ. The Questions were very tough and unexpected.

Inspite of people passing in first attempt with grades like A's N B's (In part-1), people are not getting dates for clinicals before one year, due to saturation.
Looks like now if one fails in supplementary exam of clinicals will have to repeat the whole exam again.

From now a valid OET results is required for clinical also.

They are making it tougher n tougher.
Those who are still taking OET should give it a second thaught.

Sydney the number of dentists have already reached saturation.

Regards!

I am sitting for the prelim in september. Can you please help me access the common account.
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:to all new ones
hope you all have fun here. Thanks for some of your comments indeed.
I think I am more like an organiser instead of a leader:p hope everyone who comes here can contribute whatever he can(infomations, study materials....etc) for all other members(I am doing it myself as well:laugh:) I will collect valuable info and put into the posts in Page 1.

cheers drill

Hello every one!

This time the part-1 results were bad. There were all new questions in paper 2 of MCQ. The Questions were very tough and unexpected.

Inspite of people passing in first attempt with grades like A's N B's (In part-1), people are not getting dates for clinicals before one year, due to saturation.
Looks like now if one fails in supplementary exam of clinicals will have to repeat the whole exam again.

From now a valid OET results is required for clinical also.

They are making it tougher n tougher.
Those who are still taking OET should give it a second thaught.

Sydney the number of dentists have already reached saturation.

Regards!

HELLO

It seems to be a really worrying news for a beginner like me !!!!i ve just applied for OET.every where its getting saturated even right here in middle east !!!!!!!!So thought of giving a try at ADC.It seems we are riding on our luck too much these days .Hope everything will turn out to be nice for all of us .May god bless everyone.

Prayers

:thumbup:

HELLO

It seems to be a really worrying news for a beginner like me !!!!i ve just applied for OET.every where its getting saturated even right here in middle east !!!!!!!!So thought of giving a try at ADC.It seems we are riding on our luck too much these days .Hope everything will turn out to be nice for all of us .May god bless everyone.

Prayers

:thumbup:

Hi
Don't get worried. What ever happens..always believe in yourself. If someone else can make it, you can do it aswell.
If the exams are getting tougher....you can also sharpen your tools to deal with it....your tools are your hard work and confidence.
I think those who are hard workers and competant , they succed in evry part of the world.
Wish you best of luck.
Dr. melbourne

Hi drill!
Thanks alot for your help. I really apppreciate your efforts for the forum.
Wish you a sucessful career and life.
Dr. melbourne

Thank you dr melbourne for your encouraging words

Hi
Don't get worried. What ever happens..always believe in yourself. If someone else can make it, you can do it aswell.
If the exams are getting tougher....you can also sharpen your tools to deal with it....your tools are your hard work and confidence.
I think those who are hard workers and competant , they succed in evry part of the world.
Wish you best of luck.
Dr. melbourne

Thank you dr melbourne for your encouraging words.

Hello

Belief apart, there are other things to consider, before making up ones mind to sit for the ADC exam, one has to consider the fact that this exam not only requires confidence but also consumes time +money+peace of mind.

One has to plan and see where they are at, because I have seen dentists who have their set clinics in India for years together, PG's who are doing great in India are looking forward to come here. My question to them is, is it worth while on an average 3 to 4 years in this process and that too when things are getting tougher day by day, rules changing, requiring more resources. The major part being time. Please don’t take it as an offence and

Its not that its impossible but one has to see the amount of time and resources involved which is being productively used or not.

Just see the bigger picture…… why the MCQ paper (March 2008) was so unexpected !!?!!………why is now a valid OET required before you apply for clinicals !!?!!........why is now that some of the candidates are asked to repeat the whole clinical exam again if they fail in supplementary!!?!!.........why are the dates for people who have passed part I in March 2008 (first attempt) will be available only from Feb 2009!!?!! No question against the system, the system is just, then whats making these changes!!?!!..........

I am not trying to scare any one but people who are planning to begin with ADC should give it a second thought and for those who are already in the process of seeking dates for clinicals should not take their own sweet time.

Hi
Wish you best of luck.
Dr. melbourne

I am an orthodontist from Turkey and I am planning to take the OET and ADC exams. I got some info regarding the books that I should read for the ADC exam from the previous posts and I also know the basic steps that should be taken in order to obtain a dental licensure in Australia. However, at the moment, I'd like to have the latest list of books for preparing for the ADC exam. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards..

My thanks to the person who helped.

Hi everybody :cool:
My Final external exams are getting closer and i have only 2 months to get prepared completely for that exam:confused::eek:, therfore now onward i will be absent from this forum for 2 months and i can not respond to any e-mail for any type of helps like sending studying materials and list of books,... for this period of time. Please understand.:luck::thumbup:]
cheers.
Thanks.

I am an orthodontist from Turkey and I am planning to take the OET and ADC exams. I got some info regarding the books that I should read for the ADC exam from the previous posts and I also know the basic steps that should be taken in order to obtain a dental licensure in Australia. However, at the moment, I'd like to have the latest list of books for preparing for the ADC exam. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards..
Hi there,
I'm also from Turkey and i'm preparing for ADC Exams in Australia.
Basically, follow the instructions in ADC's web site. You do not need to be in rush to do your assesment until ADC PART 1 Exam. Book list is relatively similar with the book list in the forum. If you need any help do not hesitate to ask.

I have 1060 mcqs and decks 2 but i am in need of Boucher's ....is boucher's dated back to 1979 ...i found it wierd that it could be sooo old ....

Hi
"Comprehensive review of dentistry" by loius J. Boucher was last pulished in late 70s. This rare book is avaible only in some libraries. You can either photo copy it from the library (in parts) or from some friend. But this book is indeed very useful for preliminary as it has got very clear explanations with each MCQs.
Dr. melbourne

Hi

I am planning to appear the ADC part 1 exam in 09. Any one willing to do combined studies in Pune let me know.

My email Id.

[email protected]

Thanks

Pune Dentist

Hey

Did any of you guys who cleared part 1 in March pay the fee for clinicals.
And has any one got the dates for nov?

Racheal

Hello

Belief apart, there are other things to consider, before making up ones mind to sit for the ADC exam, one has to consider the fact that this exam not only requires confidence but also consumes time +money+peace of mind.

One has to plan and see where they are at, because I have seen dentists who have their set clinics in India for years together, PG's who are doing great in India are looking forward to come here. My question to them is, is it worth while on an average 3 to 4 years in this process and that too when things are getting tougher day by day, rules changing, requiring more resources. The major part being time. Please don’t take it as an offence and

Its not that its impossible but one has to see the amount of time and resources involved which is being productively used or not.

Just see the bigger picture…… why the MCQ paper (March 2008) was so unexpected !!?!!………why is now a valid OET required before you apply for clinicals !!?!!........why is now that some of the candidates are asked to repeat the whole clinical exam again if they fail in supplementary!!?!!.........why are the dates for people who have passed part I in March 2008 (first attempt) will be available only from Feb 2009!!?!! No question against the system, the system is just, then whats making these changes!!?!!..........

I am not trying to scare any one but people who are planning to begin with ADC should give it a second thought and for those who are already in the process of seeking dates for clinicals should not take their own sweet time.
hi drmousse,
I have checked the ADC website but it says that valid oet is required before sitting the prliminary exam. where did you get the information about oet bieng required for the clinical exam.
I agree otherwise that it is a tough procedure to get through but it is still a better option if you are a fresh graduate. if someone has a good practice alrredy established then it is not a good option in my view.
And also it is tough every in the world like in UK it is next to impossible and in US you know that the cost is too much for us to pay and plus the visa problems are separate
So i think we are still in good waters and please keep the spirits high.

waqar

hi all

congratulation foe everyone pass the pliminary.
i will do the preliminry next september.
i would be happy if anyone could help me
God bless you all.

Hi!Waqar

all those who passed ADC part-1 this time has received a letter from ADC stating that now a valid oet results is required when you are applying for clinicals. may be the ADC website is not updated. i suggest you to call them up.

Regards!

hi drmousse,
I have checked the ADC website but it says that valid oet is required before sitting the prliminary exam. where did you get the information about oet bieng required for the clinical exam.
I agree otherwise that it is a tough procedure to get through but it is still a better option if you are a fresh graduate. if someone has a good practice alrredy established then it is not a good option in my view.
And also it is tough every in the world like in UK it is next to impossible and in US you know that the cost is too much for us to pay and plus the visa problems are separate
So i think we are still in good waters and please keep the spirits high.

waqar

Status
Not open for further replies.