ADC exam buddy group here!(pls come in and join)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Guy with this email [email protected] is a criminal, bone thief scammer suck all my money for books careful

Hi MelboChick, thanks for the warning, I heard some one also had this bad experience, some people come to this site for money.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi MelboChick, thanks for the warning, I heard some one also had this bad experience, some people come to this site for money.

Hi
I agree with you people. we all should be very alert and keep our eyes wide open. I think we should not order online at newly emerged unknown websites and specially paying by credit cards.
May God keep us all save from these criminals. Ameen
Cheers :hardy:
Dr. melbourne

hi ,
I am givin OET in this Sep, Can u tell me 4m where can i get the study material..Please do share materials with me, if u have any..I have just made up my mind 4 th xams n have started collecting materials,
will be greatful if u can pass on some important information regardin th xams..my mail id is [email protected]
I think some people don’t read books and give advice to others . I just want to let all of you know that the Medical Emergency and Management of medically compromised patient are one and not avaliable in the book store. Every one must read this for the success of your examination. "clinical problem solving in dentistry"will not solution or relace this ) I want people to think before they write any thing in this site or read some books and understand and advise others.
Tony

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys, I have lot to give out and need all your help.

Hi Miss cute!
With due apologies, the photo which you have displayed with your nick on forum doesn't look sober on this educational and decent forum. I hope you would be sensible enough to understand what I mean and will respond accordinly.
Dr. melbourne

This Guy with this email [email protected] is a criminal, bone thief scammer suck all my money for books careful

Hi
We havn't come across this ID.
Have you got any personal experiance with the "dental supply"? as alot of people on the forum have a very aching experiance with the "dental supply"
Cheers :hardy:
Dr. Melbourne

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking up the NZ OTDP theory examination which I assume is quite similar to ADC since it is also administered by the Australian body. In terms of the review materials, I honestly do not know where to start and I am so glad that I have googled this forum :). Anyways, can anyone point me into the right direction of websites or books that will give me a jump start into this? Thanks in advance looking forward for our helpful advice. My email address is [email protected]

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking up the NZ OTDP theory examination which I assume is quite similar to ADC since it is also administered by the Australian body. In terms of the review materials, I honestly do not know where to start and I am so glad that I have googled this forum :). Anyways, can anyone point me into the right direction of websites or books that will give me a jump start into this? Thanks in advance looking forward for our helpful advice. My email address is [email protected]

HI
I WOULD SUUGEST THAT YOU GO THROUGH THE OLD POSTS AND AFTER TAHT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY THEN WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER YOU.
ALL THESE BASIC QUESTIONS ( e.g. the recommended books for the preliminary)HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED AGAIN AND AGAIN IN THE OLD POSTS.
BEST OF LUCK
CHEERS:hardy:
DR. MELBOURNE

Hi Miss cute!
With due apologies, the photo which you have displayed with your nick on forum doesn't look sober on this educational and decent forum. I hope you would be sensible enough to understand what I mean and will respond accordinly.
Dr. melbourne

I agree with Doc Melb, this is an educational forum and this picture is'nt suited here.:thumbdown:

If u think tht by this pic u'll be able to get stuff out of guys tht wud be wrong on ur side. . . :D we'll help anyway.
U shud change this picture if u are a professional with a "bit" of a sense.

HI
I WOULD SUUGEST THAT YOU GO THROUGH THE OLD POSTS AND AFTER TAHT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY THEN WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER YOU.
ALL THESE BASIC QUESTIONS ( e.g. the recommended books for the preliminary)HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED AGAIN AND AGAIN IN THE OLD POSTS.
BEST OF LUCK
CHEERS:hardy:
DR. MELBOURNE

Yep I've done that, thanks a lot for the heads up!:)

The users of this thread have been warned multiple times in the past that it is against the SDN Terms of Service policy to use our forums to copy, transmit or otherwise sell copywritten materials. Requests for copywritten materials can be placed in the Wanted or For Sale Classifieds forums here on SDN or requested via PM, NOT in a Moderated Forum thread.

All of these requests for copies of books, therapeutic guidelines, and exam questions are in violation of this policy. The Use of RapidShare to copy these materials and the distribute them is a violation of the author's copywrite and is not supported by SDN and posted links or requests for them is also an SDN violation.

Because there are dozens of members who are guilty of this and the staff does not have the resources to individually warn each and every one of you, and edit the threads to remove these violations, I am closing this thread for a period of ONE WEEK.

During that time I ask that all users here remind themselves of the TOS and be warned that I will be removing/editing multiple posts in this thread.

This serves as a FINAL WARNING. Once the thread is reopened, further violations will result in PERMANENT thread closure.

Hi
but how did the ADC track these dentists as here all have got fake names.
cheers :hardy:
dr. melbourne

I would not take this so lightly.

SDN and any other website/BB is usually advised by legal counsel to surrender your registration email, ISP and IP posting address when subpeonaed by this testing boards. It is has happened in other forums here where members posted questions or copywritten material from exams for sale.

While we will not divulge what information we have without a court order, should the ADC produce one, we have been advised to comply. Therefore, please keep your requests out of the forums.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have reopened this thread. The others will be reopened if and when it appears that users are following the rules:

1) do not use SDN to exchange materials, free or otherwise
2) you may exchange Personal Messages (PMs) with each other; we do not control the content of such except to the extent that a user feels harassed by another
3) if you feel a user, new or otherwise, is abusing the privilege of this thread by posting or requesting copyright materials for free or sale please use the Report Post function - this is the red triangle located at the bottom left of the offending post. I will rely on users to patrol this thread for TOS violations and abuse. The Moderation staff cannnot do so on a daily basis, but if we find that users are allowing each other to violate the TOS, this thread and others like it will be closed permanently.

Finally, please read the first post in this thread which covers these rules: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=438891

We welcome everyone to join and use SDN but cannot allow our forums to be used for illegal or unethical activities.

Thank you for your cooperation.

hi everyone...

hope you are all ok..

hope that everybody will comply to the rules ,so we don't loose this valuable forum.

wish you all the best......
and waiting to hear from everybody.....

by the way..drilll...we missed u man....
john
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope every one is fine !!!!!!!!this place looks really deserted.it will take some time for all to recover from the temperory closure.But many of the rules in the forum looks discrete.meaning that there is only a fine line between following and viloating them.
anyhow this thread is very valuable for us .let us folow the rules and keep it alive !!!!!!!!

cheers

Hope every one is fine !!!!!!!!this place looks really deserted.it will take some time for all to recover from the temperory closure.But many of the rules in the forum looks discrete.meaning that there is only a fine line between following and viloating them.
anyhow this thread is very valuable for us .let us folow the rules and keep it alive !!!!!!!!

cheers

I did not mean to cause any confusion and am not sure about a "fine-line". Discrete usually means clear cut, which is what I was aiming for.

I think I was pretty clear in stating that you may not post links, in-thread requests or other materials for sale, or to be given away.

You can discuss which materials are useful.

You can discuss examination questions.

You can discuss technical aspects of the examinations (when, what, how).

If you wish to sell or give away ADC exam materials, you can do so in two ways:

1) via a PM (personal message) to a user; you may not however, SPAM or send out multiple PMs requesting people buy your materials

2) by posting an ad in our For Sale Forum.

I hope this clarifies things.

hello ,plz any one answer me, :rolleyes:
im overseas dentist thinking imm. to aus. & got 2 q:
1-if i got oet &prelim. -.is that help me to find work(even in rural areas)or work as assistant till i pass the clinic. exam>
2-iknow once i got the oet i should apply for adc& to immigration as well,is that mean i got p. residency before passing the clinic. adc or i should pass it 1st.
thanks

:D :D Hi Guys ...Just wanted to share a gud news.. I passed my ADC clinicals .. had to sit for CD2 supplement .. n I cleared it !!! started off wid Andreas .. n finally made it ...
:):)
INON ..
PS.. any queries .. pls PM me ..!!

my hearty congratulations to u inon
ur efforts have finally paid off.....
wish u all d success ahead.....
plz do guide us.....
i m taking clinicals nxt....
wer 2 send PM?

congratulations for passing the clinicals,
how did y prepare for it(otc- aider_doctor pulse),
congratulations again

my hearty congratulations to u inon
ur efforts have finally paid off.....
wish u all d success ahead.....
plz do guide us.....
i m taking clinicals nxt....
wer 2 send PM?

To send a user a Private Message (PM):

1) click on their user name
2) select Send PM from the drop down menu
3) type your message
4) hit send

You will get notification if you have PMs in the upper right corner of the top of the page under your user name.

Hi to all, this guy collected money and cheated me . Please don’t trust This email and the person. Muzae Naiho [email protected] he promised to supply books and took all my money. Please be careful . He is a cheat.

Thank u guys ... I got quite a lot of PMs :) but sorry for the delay in replying .. got busy wid celebrations :D
I just want to share few things wid everyone... "its not tuff... at all" anyone can do it :thumbup:..!! Firstly, I didn't attend any of the courses .. If u have a few yrs experience working in a dental set up n confident abt the "basics" in dentistry.. all it takes is a gud attitude and right amount of prep to pass the exam !! Don't concentrate on high fundas.. stick to the UG level studies....and if possible try n get the Aussie UG level dental books... very helpful ..! and the 2 wks OTC OPTECH sessions are also helpful to practise the crown /cavity prep / clinical : extraction/perio/radio...but for that u shud know the theory well ..so u can just go n practise the clinical aspect of the exam ..
Its just that ..7/8 days of exams.. is very tiring ..taxing !! and ppl tend to give up by the end of the last few days ..don't do that .. stay cheerful n give every single day ur best shot ..!! n the best part is .."I liked the oldies profs.. who came as d examiners " ..they are very nice..and try to encourage u ..its just that if u make blunders or if weak in ur basic dentistry .. it can be a problem ..!!
I'll try n answer each PM.. by the next few dyas ..anyways.. G'luck wid the prep ..:thumbup::)

Dear Dr Mousse

I alsi cleared the ADC part 1 in march
I however have not got any info from ADC sayin i need to take the OET again. I have also gone ahead and applied for clinicals

Racheal

Hi!Waqar

all those who passed ADC part-1 this time has received a letter from ADC stating that now a valid oet results is required when you are applying for clinicals. may be the ADC website is not updated. i suggest you to call them up.

Regards!

Thank u guys ... I got quite a lot of PMs :) but sorry for the delay in replying .. got busy wid celebrations :D
I just want to share few things wid everyone... "its not tuff... at all" anyone can do it :thumbup:..!! Firstly, I didn't attend any of the courses .. If u have a few yrs experience working in a dental set up n confident abt the "basics" in dentistry.. all it takes is a gud attitude and right amount of prep to pass the exam !! Don't concentrate on high fundas.. stick to the UG level studies....and if possible try n get the Aussie UG level dental books... very helpful ..! and the 2 wks OTC OPTECH sessions are also helpful to practise the crown /cavity prep / clinical : extraction/perio/radio...but for that u shud know the theory well ..so u can just go n practise the clinical aspect of the exam ..
Its just that ..7/8 days of exams.. is very tiring ..taxing !! and ppl tend to give up by the end of the last few days ..don't do that .. stay cheerful n give every single day ur best shot ..!! n the best part is .."I liked the oldies profs.. who came as d examiners " ..they are very nice..and try to encourage u ..its just that if u make blunders or if weak in ur basic dentistry .. it can be a problem ..!!
I'll try n answer each PM.. by the next few dyas ..anyways.. G'luck wid the prep ..:thumbup::)

Dear INON
Can u plz give some info abt the 2 weeks OTC OPTECH Sessions
I hav just sent the fee for the Nov series
Can u plz give me ur E mail add so that i cna correspond with u
Mine is [email protected]

Thank you
looki forward for ur reply

Racheal

Dear Racheal

Is your OET expired??? U need to reappear only if it expires before u apply for clinicals.
If yes then they might reject your application. Did U attest your OET results along with your part-2 application as mentioned in the form itself?

Regards

Dear InON !!!

It's good to hear that you passed your exams ...

Conguratulations!!!

Could u tell us more about 2 wks OTC OPTECH please for us?

where is it held?
how much is the fee? etc.

Regards,

OTC OPTECH sessions is held for 2 wks ..10 days of 3hrs clinical practise ..where u can work on manikin, the materials and typhodonts wud be provided and a supervisor wud be present ..and for practise on patients for "radio/oral surgery/perio" you need to contact the OTC ppl first n then get a temp. resgistration wid the Vic. Dental Board..,.The total cost wud come around 1500$ ...that was in nov. 2007 .. dunno the current rates!! u can ask in the OTC for more info ..They hv it in their websites.. if not u can email n inquire .. !! n pls google for the OTC website :idea: am not sure .. if its alllowed .. privacy issue here !!
and abt the books.. ADC usually supplies the list of the books .. few mentioned in that list is very helpful ..! n guys who hv PM me .. am trying to reply each of u :) ..pls be patient .. :thumbup:

OTC OPTECH sessions is held for 2 wks ..10 days of 3hrs clinical practise ..where u can work on manikin, the materials and typhodonts wud be provided and a supervisor wud be present ..and for practise on patients for "radio/oral surgery/perio" you need to contact the OTC ppl first n then get a temp. resgistration wid the Vic. Dental Board..,.The total cost wud come around 1500$ ...that was in nov. 2007 .. dunno the current rates!! u can ask in the OTC for more info ..They hv it in their websites.. if not u can email n inquire .. !! n pls google for the OTC website :idea: am not sure .. if its alllowed .. privacy issue here !!
and abt the books.. ADC usually supplies the list of the books .. few mentioned in that list is very helpful ..! n guys who hv PM me .. am trying to reply each of u :) ..pls be patient .. :thumbup:

Hi INON

Congrats on clearin ADC
I tried to google OTC OPTECH
But didn't get the site can u plz mail me the Website
When do the Courses usually start
what r the usual sessions???

Racheal

Dear Racheal

Is your OET expired??? U need to reappear only if it expires before u apply for clinicals.
If yes then they might reject your application. Did U attest your OET results along with your part-2 application as mentioned in the form itself?

Regards

I don't noe if my OET has expired
I took in June 2007
I did however attach my OET results to the Application form
Lets see if i need to repeat it

Racheal

I'm new to this forum and I've got a question.
I have got my Permanent residency and now want to apply for adc assessment and exams.
Is there a minimum work experience needed for the assessment or not.

I don't noe if my OET has expired
I took in June 2007
I did however attach my OET results to the Application form
Lets see if i need to repeat it

Racheal

Racheal

Your OET is not yet expired. Its valid for two years.

All the best.

I'm new to this forum and I've got a question.
I have got my Permanent residency and now want to apply for adc assessment and exams.
Is there a minimum work experience needed for the assessment or not.

Hi

How did you get the PR status
U do not need any work experiencefor the assessment

Racheal

hi
how did u got ur perm. res. status?
could i do that by coming to aus. and work as d. assistant with my overseas dental degree?
:rolleyes:
i.e could i apply to immig. as d. assistant?
then p. r. ,
then apply to adc?
:p
thk u

:confused:what does OTC OPTECH stand for?

Last edited:
Hi
Can somebody please tell me the OET material link (if it is legal).
Thanks
Cheers
Dr. Melbourne

hi actually I am preparing for the adc part 1 . i just want to ask you that how much prepation is required for the exam, i mean how long and I should only read the Mcq s.can you tell me little bit about prep. that will be really really thankful of u

hi actually I am preparing for the adc part 1 . i just want to ask you that how much prepation is required for the exam, i mean how long and I should only read the Mcq s.can you tell me little bit about prep. that will be really really thankful of u

Hi
well, everybody has got different levels of intelligence and preperation depends on many variables but I can give you rough idea that you would need atleast 3 monthes full -time study to prepare the preliminary (as Idid myself). you have to study alot not only MCQs.
cheers :hardy:
Dr. melbourne

id-arpsvin
status--due to appear for adc 1 in sept08
need help--in preparing coz m a nervous wreck now.studyin frm indian n a few eng authors.sichers oral anatomy costs 9ooo INR!managed to get boucher.don hv nethng fr paedo,oral anat,pharmac n cariology.rest shall b managed.
country of origin--India
degree--nov2006

I wish ''all the best" to those whom going to sit for the clinicals...

Always believe in yourselves and Hopefully God helps !!!!

Good luck....

LoL....:love: :love: :love:

wHAT ABOUT THESE MESGS AND WARNINGS IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND. yOU HAVE WRITTEN PRETTY GOOD ENGLISH IN YOUR THREAD.:rolleyes:

ITS THE DUMB AND CARELESS ATTITUDE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT WILL ULTIMATLY LEAD TO BANNING OF THIS THREAD. :mad: :mad: :mad:

GET THIS THREAD OFF THE FORUM!!!

I have reopened this thread. The others will be reopened if and when it appears that users are following the rules:

2) you may exchange Personal Messages (PMs) with each other; we do not control the content of such except to the extent that a user feels harassed by another
3) if you feel a user, new or otherwise, is abusing the privilege of this thread by posting or requesting copyright materials for free or sale please use the Report Post function - this is the red triangle located at the bottom left of the offending post. I will rely on users to patrol this thread for TOS violations and abuse. The Moderation staff cannnot do so on a daily basis, but if we find that users are allowing each other to violate the TOS, this thread and others like it will be closed permanently.

Finally, please read the first post in this thread which covers these rules: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=438891

We welcome everyone to join and use SDN but cannot allow our forums to be used for illegal or unethical activities.

I did not mean to cause any confusion and am not sure about a "fine-line". Discrete usually means clear cut, which is what I was aiming for.

I think I was pretty clear in stating that you may not post links, in-thread requests or other materials for sale, or to be given away.

1) via a PM (personal message) to a user; you may not however, SPAM or send out multiple PMs requesting people buy your materials

3) type your message
4) hit send

You will get notification if you have PMs in the upper right corner of the top of the page under your user name.

Hi,
i'll be taking my preliminary exam first time in Sept 08 this year. I have cawson's,wanna swap?is it the soft copy of bouchers that you have?i heard dental decks is good to study too..if you can send me the soft copy of bouchers i can send you the 2004 version of dental decks.

WHAT ABOUT THESE MESGS AND WARNINGS IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND. yOU HAVE WRITTEN PRETTY GOOD ENGLISH IN YOUR THREAD.:rolleyes:

ITS THE DUMB AND CARELESS ATTITUDE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT WILL ULTIMATLY LEAD TO BANNING OF THIS THREAD. :mad: :mad: :mad:

GET THIS THREAD OFF THE FORUM!!!

3) type your message
4) hit send

Hi,
i'll be taking my preliminary exam first time in Sept 08 this year. I have cawson's,wanna swap?is it the soft copy of bouchers that you have?i heard dental decks is good to study too..if you can send me the soft copy of bouchers i can send you the 2004 version of dental decks.

name: raj
ID : baby dent
country of origin : india
area can help with or need help : have oet /materials,needencouragement, discussion to pass out adc 08
year of degree :2008
email : raj_saul@hotmail.com :scared:

Hi

I got the PR via my spouse.
Thanks , I was not sure about the work experience. :)
It's a relief for me.

Hi

How did you get the PR status
U do not need any work experiencefor the assessment

Racheal

A reminder to the experienced users here: you will get lots of "newbies" who will not read the warnings about what is allowable to post.

Therefore, I ask you to use the "Report Post" function (the red triangle at the bottom of each post, in the lower left corner under the user name) which will notify staff of a violation of the policy. If we determine the user has violated the policy, their post will be removed and they will receive a warning.

We appreciate in thread warnings as well, so that others may see them, but as the thread gets longer and longer, we cannot expect every new user to read it all. Relying on the Report Post at least gets our attention and we can help you keep the thread on track.

So far you guys have been doing great and we really appreciate it. Thank you.

hello i am new to SDN and i want to join this group. i am sitting for OET this september that is on 6-9-08 i want to prepare for the oet exam as well as for the prelim plz help
ID : saviivas
status giving oet on 6-9-08
country of origin :india
area can help with or need help:need help both for oet and prelim will be highly obliged for any guidance on books i should buy for prelims
year of degree :2008
time in Oz :
email : [email protected]

hello everyone
i am new to sdn and am prep for sep oet but would like to study for prelim as well
can anyone plz tell me wat buks should i but for mcq as well as theory
wat all subjects are included is it just clinical or non clinical as well like anatomy microbiology etc is medicine and general surgery included
i have read a lot about the 1000 mcqs but cud nt find them anywhere can anyone help me with it
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppppppppppp

hi Nasa1, good on you :thumbup:

:clap::welcome:

Hi i am MDS practising in India. I have done my postgraduation in community dentistry. I want to appear for adc exams. How r d exams! how mch time it takes to clear d exams? Do let me know how to start preparn. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.