ADC exam buddy group here!(pls come in and join)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to ask if the adc clinical exam carried on models:D or on patients,and what is the subject of each exam,
e.g. the crown=reduction + impression,
surg.=perform extraction case...etc
could any one who pass the clinical help us plz
we want a clear view for the clinical not just head lines as(prosth.&perio.):eek:
we want to know:love:
what they ask u to do(clinical steps) in( prosth. and perio.)and... etc(in simple easy words):thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I agree with you people. we all should be very alert and keep our eyes wide open. I think we should not order online at newly emerged unknown websites and specially paying by credit cards.
May God keep us all save from these criminals. Ameen
Cheers :hardy:
Dr. melbourne
hi dr.melbourne,
am new to this forum. could you please tell any source from where i can get 1000 mcqs. i find this forum threads to b great. am preparing for my oet this sep. i want to start preparing for preliminary. pls could you help. am melbourne resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody,
I have finished to gather and translate all the stuff required for the assessment of my dental degree by ADC.
Can anyone tell me how long does it take for the ADC to send you the reply once they received your complete file and therefore being allowed to sit for the next preliminary exam ?
Thanks for your answers.

Hi,
Dr Mousse said last month
"Just see the bigger picture…… why the MCQ paper (March 2008) was so unexpected !!?!!"
Could you please tell us more about this ?
Thanks.

Hi everybody,
I have finished to gather and translate all the stuff required for the assessment of my dental degree by ADC.
Can anyone tell me how long does it take for the ADC to send you the reply once they received your complete file and therefore being allowed to sit for the next preliminary exam ?
Thanks for your answers.

It takes around 1 month for them to reply and ask u for further documentation if required or just confirm the receipt of ur documents.

Hey
Did u recieve the materials i sent

Racheal

hello everyone
i am new to sdn and am prep for sep oet but would like to study for prelim as well
can anyone plz tell me wat buks should i but for mcq as well as theory
wat all subjects are included is it just clinical or non clinical as well like anatomy microbiology etc is medicine and general surgery included
i have read a lot about the 1000 mcqs but cud nt find them anywhere can anyone help me with it
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppppppppppp

MelboC[FONT=Arial Black said:
hick;6768373].This Guy with this email [email protected] is a criminal, bone thief scammer suck all my money for books careful

What happened? Can you pls email me on [email protected] and tell me what is going on? I have been in touch with that email???
I'm seriously worried now??
Thank you

Hey
Did u recieve the materials i sent

Racheal
hi racheal
i am sorry for the late reply as i was out of my city with no access to internet... yes i got all the stuff and i am a lot relieved after luking at it...:) i was a nervous wreck as i didnt knew where to start and wat all to study... u have been of such a gr8 help i glad i found this link and people like u who share such valuable information and are so helping
i wish u all the luck and may u clear all ur exams i will like to keep in contact so that i can gain from ur knowledge.... thank u so much

hai, could any1 give a list of materials for preliminary. iam writing oet in sep. i want to start collecting materials for preliminary and start prep as well. any1 pls help, my id [email protected]

Thank you forum members for sending the saq's. Now got some extra studymaterials to get ready for the upcoming preliminary exams! Is everybody certain they are being held the first or second week of september?
Hi all

I got the dates for prelims today...
Sept 4 and 5...:rolleyes:

rgds/honey

ID : ranula

country of origin :india

area can help with or need help:help regarding study mateial for oet n adc, important information regarding everything that will take me to ozzzzzzzzz...........:)

year of degree :2008

time in Oz :

email :[email protected]

I am very happy to find this forum...
seems to be encyclopedia for all desparates of adc :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi saviivas,
got all that u had sent. thank you so much. please be in contact so that we can gain from eachother. thank you again.:thumbup:

all the best,

anu78

hi anu78, ranula here, r u new member ? I am new member here, wat r u preparing for rite nw ? I am planing to appear for oet 09...V cn help eachodr if u r new..

Hey guys

How are you all whoo appeared in last (July) sit on the clinicals...

Please come back and tell us all your experiences
Please do not forget for those who have no taken the exmas yet and who are desperate
Your one opinion can make too much difference in our preparation
please comment on something...
what were u asked in each subject? ...etc.

Where have you been Dr.melbourne?
long time no seee........:scared:

How are the preparation going on for the Adc part 1 guys ...
noone asks a question anymoree.....

i ve got a couple actually....

1) exposure of the patient to ionising radiation when taking a radiograph is NOT reduced by

A. the use of the fast film
b. the addition of filtration
c.collimation of the beam
d. the use of an open and lead lined cone
e. decreasing the kilov0ltage

well. according to what i read ( white's oral radiology princeples and interpretation) they all reduce the patient , however if i have to choose i can say b or e but which one?
please comment and give reference im getting really nervous and confused soo i need your help

thanks in advance

hi anu78, ranula here, r u new member ? I am new member here, wat r u preparing for rite nw ? I am planing to appear for oet 09...V cn help eachodr if u r new..

hi ranula,
ya, am a new member. right now am preparing for my oet in sep. also am trying to collect details regarding preliminary. i dont know in what way i can help u right now, but definitely i shall after my oet. what help u need? have u applied for oet?
but stay in contact with the forum members. i find this link to b great. :thumbup:

hai every1,

could any1 who know about ada guidelines tell the actuall link from where i can get that book. in page 31 of this forum there r 3 links given by draschwander(1) and metalliclaugh(2). which 1 is the actual link? any1 please help............

senior members of this forum have disappeared is it???????

anu78 :thumbup:

hi ranula,
ya, am a new member. right now am preparing for my oet in sep. also am trying to collect details regarding preliminary. i dont know in what way i can help u right now, but definitely i shall after my oet. what help u need? have u applied for oet?
but stay in contact with the forum members. i find this link to b great. :thumbup:
Hi anu78 i hav nt applied yet, truely saying since i dnt hv any material for oet prepratn, i havnt dared to do so..Dat way i'm searching it...Cn u guide me regardng preprn material n procedure f applying fr it..

hi everyone,
Im plannin to sit for my ADc next yr..but I havent done my oet yet? I was wondering are there any exemptions fro the OET exam??

Hey guys

How are you all whoo appeared in last (July) sit on the clinicals...

Please come back and tell us all your experiences
Please do not forget for those who have no taken the exmas yet and who are desperate
Your one opinion can make too much difference in our preparation
please comment on something...
what were u asked in each subject? ...etc.

Where have you been Dr.melbourne?
long time no seee........:scared:

How are the preparation going on for the Adc part 1 guys ...
noone asks a question anymoree.....

i ve got a couple actually....

1) exposure of the patient to ionising radiation when taking a radiograph is NOT reduced by

A. the use of the fast film
b. the addition of filtration
c.collimation of the beam
d. the use of an open and lead lined cone
e. decreasing the kilov0ltage

well. according to what i read ( white's oral radiology princeples and interpretation) they all reduce the patient , however if i have to choose i can say b or e but which one?
please comment and give reference im getting really nervous and confused soo i need your help

thanks in advance

hi
i think answer is e. as at low kvp,the photons produced are of low energy which are easily resorbed by the tissue,so more exposure while high kvp produced high energy photon which penetrate the tissu easily so low exposure.

i think e is correct
please seniors correct the answer if i m wrong

Hi anu78 i hav nt applied yet, truely saying since i dnt hv any material for oet prepratn, i havnt dared to do so..Dat way i'm searching it...Cn u guide me regardng preprn material n procedure f applying fr it..

hai, u can get study materials for oet from oet bookshop by ordering online also. then if u want to apply for oet, go to oet site and clickAPPLY FOR FIRST TIME. before applying b ready with a electronic image(photo) of a particular size. i dont remeber. anything u need to know about oet go to their website http://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/. hope it helps u.

anu78

hi everyone,
Im plannin to sit for my ADc next yr..but I havent done my oet yet? I was wondering are there any exemptions fro the OET exam??

No there is no jumping around OET. :thumbdown:

"Since Jan 2006 all overseas dentist regardless of the country of training are required to pass the OET with A or B in all 4 sections prior to acceptance into ADC exams."

This is qouted frm the ADC Application for Assessment of Professional Qualification in Dentistry form.

hi everyone,

Hey

there r no exemptions
u need to take OET before u start takin the ADC exams

Racheal

Hello every one!

This time the part-1 results were bad. There were all new questions in paper 2 of MCQ. The Questions were very tough and unexpected.

Inspite of people passing in first attempt with grades like A's N B's (In part-1), people are not getting dates for clinicals before one year, due to saturation.
Looks like now if one fails in supplementary exam of clinicals will have to repeat the whole exam again.

From now a valid OET results is required for clinical also.

They are making it tougher n tougher.
Those who are still taking OET should give it a second thaught.
hello Dr mousse i plan to sit for preliminary sept 2008 in light of the short time left ...i would like to ask what was the unexpected in paper 2 ?what kind of questions ???maybe this will help people like me who are preparing for sept exam......thanks a :thumbup:lot for all the help

I would not say it was unexpected, but seems that they asking more about oral medicine and pharmacology. So, make sure you know that very well.

Cheers
Cacau

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea of :
- the success rate for the Preliminary
- the number of dentist who cleared the whole exam each year (Preliminary then Clinical) and who are therefore, allowed to practice in Australia.

Thanks,

Dr Golf
OET cleared, and preparing for the next march Preliminary !

Hello every one!

This time the part-1 results were bad. There were all new questions in paper 2 of MCQ. The Questions were very tough and unexpected.

Inspite of people passing in first attempt with grades like A's N B's (In part-1), people are not getting dates for clinicals before one year, due to saturation.
Looks like now if one fails in supplementary exam of clinicals will have to repeat the whole exam again.

From now a valid OET results is required for clinical also.

They are making it tougher n tougher.
Those who are still taking OET should give it a second thaught.
hello Dr mousse i plan to sit for preliminary sept 2008 in light of the short time left ...i would like to ask what was the unexpected in paper 2 ?what kind of questions ???maybe this will help people like me who are preparing for sept exam......thanks a :thumbup:lot for all the help

Hello!

I will just say that paper 2 was full of questions which were related to medicine and not much related to dentistry. This is not to sacre those u wanna appear but the truth is that u may never know next paper might be full of anatomy or physiology. so guys be prepared in all subjects.

oh my goodness

i am more and more scared about everything! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

we need help!!:confused:

I would not say it was unexpected, but seems that they asking more about oral medicine and pharmacology. So, make sure you know that very well.

Cheers
Cacau
thanx to all of you for replying .....does pharma mean more related to dental......or general pharma????
cheers

Please be kind and tell me, for the ADC assessment do I need work experience, cuz I havent worked as a dentist for some years now...

Im still registered and all but I wonder if they I need some kind of work experience to sit the preliminary exams and the rest.

Thank you !!

Please be kind and tell me, for the ADC assessment do I need work experience, cuz I havent worked as a dentist for some years now...

Im still registered and all but I wonder if they I need some kind of work experience to sit the preliminary exams and the rest.

Thank you !!

hi,
for adc assessment u should have experience in your field. while submitting adc application form for assessment it is necessary to submit experience certificate. just visit adc australia website to know more about what all u need for this and download the adc assessment form.

anu78

getting more scared hearing that its gettng tougher to get thru adc. please seniors, u r the ones who can give new people like me a helping hand.:confused::scared:

There is no such rhing as a experience certificate anywhere on the ADC website or application form. Where did you came up with that??

hello dear friends ;)

i would like to know if anyone here on the forum is working as a dental assistant in australia.....:rolleyes:

please send me a private message or share your information here :D

Thank you !!

Hi,
What you need is evidence of your professional work experience as a dentist from the graduation to present and two references from employers or if self employed,two references from professional colleagues. This is what the application form which i had filled says - please refer Section E of the ADC assessment application form.

Endo78

Hey Guys

Does anyone noe which make of typhodonts does the ADC use
Plz lemme noe

Thank you

Racheal

Hello,
Myself am a dentist from india,recently come to sydney,and would like to appear for OET and ADC exams,Plz if some1 has the study materials ,let me know and i also need some guidence regarding how to proceed to the exams..Would also like to ask whether i have to clear OET before i send for ADC assessment..my mail ID is [email protected]

Thank You

Last edited:
hiya,
Myself wanne appear for OET exams,but still searching for the materials,would need some guidence from the seniors who have already given the exams

Thank you

hiiii

does anybody know when normally are the closing dates for the application of the march and september exams?

Thanks ...:)

Hello Dr Melbourne.
Which stage you are in your ADC exams. I am giving the clinical exams in november 08. I want to know about the shared mail.

Ruby

hiiii

does anybody know when normally are the closing dates for the application of the march and september exams?

Thanks ...:)

Hi

Preliminary Exam is held in March & September ; the closing dates are 1st of December & June (respectively).

The final exam is held in July & November; the closing dates are 1st of April & Augest.

Hello,
Myself am a dentist from india,recently come to sydney,and would like to appear for OET and ADC exams,Plz if some1 has the study materials ,let me know and i also need some guidence regarding how to proceed to the exams..Would also like to ask whether i have to clear OET before i send for ADC assessment..my mail ID is [email protected]

Thank You

Hi

You don't need to pass OET before the assessment. You need the OET pass before applying for the preliminary exam.

Cheers!

Hi,
What you need is evidence of your professional work experience as a dentist from the graduation to present and two references from employers or if self employed,two references from professional colleagues. This is what the application form which i had filled says - please refer Section E of the ADC assessment application form.

Endo78

It's not mandatory to have work experience for the assessment. However you'll need work experience if you want to apply for Permanent Residency.

thanks ssilver..

so i dont get it... we need to pass OET before applying for and taking preliminaries ?:confused:

Dear seniors of this forum,,

please come back !!!! we still need your advices...

please do not give up to communicate with us .....

especially dr.melbourne , where have u been? it has been more than a week since you have got the results.... i think u have already started to work and made money ......:laugh::love:

how did u go in the clinicals what is the result?

comment on sth please come back!!!!!:scared:

i have got a month left for the part one in brisbane is anyone here will take it in brisbane? we will meet in a month!!!!

should i go through the old mcqs or Boucher in this amount of time left or should i read the subjects that im weak.....??????

i think just reading does not work for this exam :confused:

Dear seniors of this forum,,

please come back !!!! we still need your advices...

please do not give up to communicate with us .....

especially dr.melbourne , where have u been? it has been more than a week since you have got the results.... i think u have already started to work and made money ......:laugh::love:

how did u go in the clinicals what is the result?

comment on sth please come back!!!!!:scared:

i have got a month left for the part one in brisbane is anyone here will take it in brisbane? we will meet in a month!!!!

should i go through the old mcqs or Boucher in this amount of time left or should i read the subjects that im weak.....??????

i think just reading does not work for this exam :confused:

Hi,
1 month is a lot of time. You MUSTgo through MCQ's and Boucher. There is nothing like MCQ's OR BOUCHER. You MUST read both. and go through whatever subjects you are weak.
I have felt reading DEFINITELY works for this exam. if anything pays results for this exam..it is READING the MCQ's and in the exam - READING the CHOICES carefully.
DON'T GET TENSED NOW ITSELF. JUST UTILIZE YOUR TIME. 1 month is lot of time. All the BEST

endo78

ID : dentalking
country of origin :Myanmar
area can help with or need help:I got OET materials but still need ADC practice questions
year of degree :2004
time in Oz :
email : [email protected]
welcome:love:

It's not mandatory to have work experience for the assessment. However you'll need work experience if you want to apply for Permanent Residency.
hi dears friends

:) I'm new in this forum and i would like to know if i need recent experience as a dentist, i dont practice since 2005...I have permanent residency... please help meeee...thanks:scared:

Hi Endo78

Thanks for your advices..
I finally found Boucher and started go through it....

Status
Not open for further replies.