Add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

designdoc566

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.55 cGPA, and 3.45 sGPA. I took the old MCAT in 2014 scored a 22 and took it again in June of this year, actually studied and got a 512. I am a non-trad, FL resident with strong ties to NY and a pretty diverse range of experiences both clinical and nonclinical plus research (no publications though).

My AMCAS was verified in early August and I applied to 21 schools, plus 4 Texas schools and 5 DO schools. I ended up submitting 17 MD secondaries by Labor Day. So far I've gotten one DO II. I'm debating adding more MD schools now before it gets too late.

So far I have applied to:
All FL medical schools (UF, FSU, UM, FAU, FIU, UCF and USF)
Medical College of Georgia
Tulane
George Washington
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
Temple
Drexel
University of Illinois Chicago
University of Vermont
University of Washington

I am thinking of adding:
Loyola
Tufts
BU
Einstein
Wake Forest
Georgetown

My question is: Should I add more schools or stop freaking out?

Members don't see this ad.

Of those you are thinking of adding only Georgetown is realistic. Consider adding Albany, Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Rosalind Franklin, Creighton. Your Florida schools are where your best chances are.

The TX schools will be donations. Ditto MCG, U WA and U ILL. What were you thinking? Take your parents out to dinner instead.

it's getting late to add more MD schools to the list (especially Einstein), especially with your GPAs.

DO schools, you can add.

I have a 3.55 cGPA, and 3.45 sGPA. I took the old MCAT in 2014 scored a 22 and took it again in June of this year, actually studied and got a 512. I am a non-trad, FL resident with strong ties to NY and a pretty diverse range of experiences both clinical and nonclinical plus research (no publications though).

My AMCAS was verified in early August and I applied to 21 schools, plus 4 Texas schools and 5 DO schools. I ended up submitting 17 MD secondaries by Labor Day. So far I've gotten one DO II. I'm debating adding more MD schools now before it gets too late.

So far I have applied to:
All FL medical schools (UF, FSU, UM, FAU, FIU, UCF and USF)
Medical College of Georgia
Tulane
George Washington
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
Temple
Drexel
University of Illinois Chicago
University of Vermont
University of Washington

I am thinking of adding:
Loyola
Tufts
BU
Einstein
Wake Forest
Georgetown

My question is: Should I add more schools or stop freaking out?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The TX schools will be donations. Ditto MCG, U WA and U ILL. What were you thinking? Take your parents out to dinner instead.

it's getting late to add more MD schools to the list (especially Einstein), especially with your GPAs.

DO schools, you can add.

Thank you @Faha and @Goro. I obviously did not spend as many hours on here while choosing schools as I do now :(
How many more DO schools would you recommend? So far I applied to NOVA, LECOM-B, NYIT, PCOM, and MWCOM.

I suggest applying to the ones you have below, plus AZCOM, Touro-CA, Western, MUCOM, VCOM, LMU, KCOM and KCU

Thank you @Faha and @Goro. I obviously did not spend as many hours on here while choosing schools as I do now :(
How many more DO schools would you recommend? So far I applied to NOVA, LECOM-B, NYIT, PCOM, and MWCOM.