Add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hipwong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if you guys can take a look at my school list. I already sent out all my secondaries and looking to add more schools.

I am a reapplicant and I think one of the main reasons I did not get any acceptances was because of my school list. I applied too top heavy and was a bit slow on secondaries (3-4 weeks turnaround) although I sent in my primary within the first week. I also took another year off to retake the MCAT and am currently working full time as a medical assistant.

ORM Asian Male
Year in school: Graduated 2015 Biochemistry major
State of residence: Cali
cGPA/sGPA: 3.77/3.78
MCAT: 29 -> 510 -> 518 (131/126/130/131)
Research: 4 years of research with one publication and one submission
Clinical Experience: 600 hours student-run clinic, 2000 hours scribing, 1000 hours medical assistant (still going)
Non-clinical volunteering: 500 hours (lead a pre-medical youth conference for high school students, pre-medical fraternity had a good amount of volunteering requirements)

School List:
Reach: UCSF, Stanford

Davis
Irvine
UCLA
UCSD
USC
Northstate
California University of Science and Medicine
Albert Einstein
BU
Hofstra
GWU
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
SLU
Jefferson
Stony Brook
Tufts
Tulane
USF Morsani
UMass
Miami
Rochester
Downstate SUNY

I just added Colorado and Wayne State. I am thinking of adding Tucson, Albany, Pittsburgh, Emory, and Sinai. Any schools to add/remove or is it too late? I haven't gotten any interviews/rejections yet.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you guys for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you aware that Northstate has chosen to deny its students access to federal loans and payback mechanisms?
I count 9 schools where you have a fair chance at an interview. A handful more is a good idea.
Consider MCW (they cherry pick), Albany, Nova, Hackensack and both AZ schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you aware that Northstate has chosen to deny its students access to federal loans and payback mechanisms?
I count 9 schools where you have a fair chance at an interview. A handful more is a good idea.
Consider MCW (they cherry pick), Albany, Nova, Hackensack and both AZ schools.

Thanks gyngyn for your advice! I am aware about Northstate since I read a few posts here on it. When you say cherry pick for MCW, do you mean they favor stats more?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks gyngyn for your advice! I am aware about Northstate since I read a few posts here on it. When you say cherry pick for MCW, do you mean they favor stats more?
No, they pick the higher score from multiple MCATs to come up with an entirely higher score score than would have been achieved in either.

Reactions: 1 user
No, they pick the higher score from multiple MCATs to come up with an entirely higher score score than would have been achieved in either.

Oh interesting they would do that as it would help some retakers (unfortunately not me). Thanks for clarifying on that.