Admissions Emails Following Good MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosty42

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Haven't you seen this with UG admissions? Ignore all those.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all. This might be a bit of a ridiculous question, but I figured why not ask.

I recently scored a 520 on the MCAT (which I'm obviously super happy about).

Today I received an email from Yale SOM admissions asking me to consider applying to them (see below for intro of email). Obviously, this is based solely on my MCAT score and nothing else and is a mass email to anyone who scored above a certain threshold.

" Congratulations on your hard work and success on the MCAT. We know that you have many choices to consider when it comes to medical school—and we want Yale School of Medicine (YSM) to be a part of that consideration. "

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these types of emails/how to respond/if I should respond in any way to demonstrate interest. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get my foot in the door (if this can even be considered an opportunity).

Please let me know any info you might have on these types of emails/how common they are/how to respond.

Thanks in advance.
It is meaningless. Sent to everyone who scores above a certain threshold. WashU does the same.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You do not need to respond to a mass solicitation email. You will demonstrate your interest through your application.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, ignore the emails. I got an email encouraging me to apply to Rutgers with the following lie in the email body:

"Non-NJ residents are given equal consideration in the NJMS admissions process."

Lol. Like I have $135+ to throw away.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, the Yale solicitation is a bit different. They have decided to keep their applications open and this letter is for *this* cycle...which is a first for them...this is what they have posted on the website:
"To accommodate applicants for the Class of 2025....we are extending our AMCAS application deadline to November 15 and the Yale Secondary Application deadline to December 15. The date for receipt of letters of recommendation will likewise be extended to December 15. We may elect to extend these deadlines further, if necessary."

Hi all. This might be a bit of a ridiculous question, but I figured why not ask.

I recently scored a 520 on the MCAT (which I'm obviously super happy about).

Today I received an email from Yale SOM admissions asking me to consider applying to them (see below for intro of email). Obviously, this is based solely on my MCAT score and nothing else and is a mass email to anyone who scored above a certain threshold.

" Congratulations on your hard work and success on the MCAT. We know that you have many choices to consider when it comes to medical school—and we want Yale School of Medicine (YSM) to be a part of that consideration. "

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these types of emails/how to respond/if I should respond in any way to demonstrate interest. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get my foot in the door (if this can even be considered an opportunity).

Please let me know any info you might have on these types of emails/how common they are/how to respond.

Thanks in advance.

They want your money dude

Haven't you seen this with UG admissions? Ignore all those.

Uchicago did this to me during undergrad and I’m still mad to this day for not getting accepted. My ultimate revenge is getting a residency spot at their school in the future. That will show those admins what they were missing out on

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users