Quantcast

Admissions Offer Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dorothy Franklyn

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello All!
I have applied to 6 post bac programs. I have heard back from the first one, and was accepted, but I have to confirm in 9 days. I am nervous that I won't hear from the other programs in that time frame. If I accept the offer and then get accepted by my other choices, I am afraid I will regret accepting. If I decline, I am afraid I will not get any other offers. What should I do? Will the other programs expedite their application process if I let them know about the deadline?

Also, what are your thoughts on the following programs?
Scripps
Harvard
University of Louisville
Goucher
Johns Hopkins
University of Vermont

Thanks!
Dorothy

atang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
I have applied to 6 post bac programs. I have heard back from the first one, and was accepted, but I have to confirm in 9 days. I am nervous that I won't hear from the other programs in that time frame. If I accept the offer and then get accepted by my other choices, I am afraid I will regret accepting. If I decline, I am afraid I will not get any other offers. What should I do? Will the other programs expedite their application process if I let them know about the deadline?

Scripps
Harvard
University of Louisville
Goucher
Johns Hopkins
University of Vermont

Thanks!
Dorothy

I would reach out to the other programs and let them know that you have received an offer and are in a time crunch. Also, ask for an extension if possible with the program you were accepted into.

Reactions: 1 user

heybubbaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

Scripps
Harvard
University of Louisville
Goucher
Johns Hopkins
University of Vermont

Thanks!
Dorothy

Accept the first one and if you hear back from a different program, then you can think about which one is a better fit for you. It may cost a little bit of money to hold the acceptance, but I think it's probably worth it.

I would not recommend contacting schools and letting them know that you've been accepted elsewhere. They will get back to you as soon as they review your application.

NorthBySouth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accept the first one and if you hear back from a different program, then you can think about which one is a better fit for you. It may cost a little bit of money to hold the acceptance, but I think it's probably worth it.

I would not recommend contacting schools and letting them know that you've been accepted elsewhere. They will get back to you as soon as they review your application.

My experience is that schools like Bryn Mawr, Goucher, etc understand the binds folks can get into. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you specify that X school is your top choice then they may accommodate. I was in a different situation in that I had actually interviewed with Bryn Mawr, Goucher, Scripps, and Hopkins all within 2 weeks of each other. Because more than 2 weeks had past since the interviews (and I was specifically told that decisions take about 2-3 weeks), I thought it would be acceptable to update the remaining schools on my impending acceptances. If you haven't had an interview offer then I would hold off contacting the school other than confirming that your application is complete.