Admissions Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Multiple dental schools say prerequisites must be completed prior to matriculation. I understand that aadsas applications are completed and reviewed for early admission before the spring term prior to matriculation even starts, so they would not be able to see I have done the prerequisite (which i would be doing in the latter spring term). Would they still process the application? I assume they would just verify you took the prerequisite subsequent to admission before you matriculate. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can still receive an interview and acceptance without completing pre reqs. If you indicate that you plan on taking the pre reqs on AADSAS you should be fine. If you plan on taking the course in the spring, you should let the schools know so that they can make a note of it in your file. Also update your courses and grades thru the academic update

I got into Harvard without having completed two of their pre-reqs, and also received several first-round interviews to schools that I had not completed at least one pre-req for. They really don't care as long as you get them done before matriculation and as long as you have a decent answer as to why you haven't completed them to date.

Do I answer to them regarding incomplete prereqs on the AADSAS or at the interview?