advanced standing for physician assistants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted6669

Does anyone know of a D.O. program or programs that grant advanved standing credit for some of the P.A. coursework?

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I knew, EMEDPA. I don't think there any med schools out there will give you any credit.

If you hear of any, let me know!! ;)

Off the topic EMEDPA, I have a question for you.

I am about to break into ER medicine. My background has been in CV surgery for the past 5-years. I am pretty happy with my starting hourly rate, however, I was wondering what the high-end hourly rate is for seasoned ER PAs?

Thanx.

Members don't see this ad :)
cvpa:erpa's mostly work longer shifts(10-12 hrs) with many days off in between. salary ranges from $31-37/hr full time with benefits to about $63/hour part time(nights/weekends) if you get a production bonus. also nights and weekends tend to pay a differential from $1-10 extra per hour. most pa's in our group average 80-100k/year. hope that helps
ps:if you don't already have acls/pals/cpr you should take those classes

EMEDPA:

Thanks, that helps a lot and has given me some perspective. I am pretty lucky with what I was offered.

Good luck.

PS: I do have ACLS, need to get PALS and the trauma advanced life support.

cvpa-atls is a great class but they will only offer you a cert. card if you work in a rural area without an md on scene. the class is very worthwhile nonetheless;you can do all the animal labs and take the final, alas no cert card regardless of your score. I have taken it twice and the last time I did as well or better than several of the residents.
just curious, what did they offer you as a starting e.r. salary?
:D