Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

advanced standing for physician assistants?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by emedpa, Sep 2, 2001.

1. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc

Post Doc
    Does anyone know of a D.O. program or programs that grant advanved standing credit for some of the P.A. coursework?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

I wish I knew, EMEDPA. I don't think there any med schools out there will give you any credit.

If you hear of any, let me know!! ;)

4. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

Off the topic EMEDPA, I have a question for you.

I am about to break into ER medicine. My background has been in CV surgery for the past 5-years. I am pretty happy with my starting hourly rate, however, I was wondering what the high-end hourly rate is for seasoned ER PAs?

Thanx.

5. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc

Post Doc
    cvpa:erpa's mostly work longer shifts(10-12 hrs) with many days off in between. salary ranges from $31-37/hr full time with benefits to about $63/hour part time(nights/weekends) if you get a production bonus. also nights and weekends tend to pay a differential from $1-10 extra per hour. most pa's in our group average 80-100k/year. hope that helps
    ps:if you don't already have acls/pals/cpr you should take those classes

6. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

EMEDPA:

Thanks, that helps a lot and has given me some perspective. I am pretty lucky with what I was offered.

Good luck.

PS: I do have ACLS, need to get PALS and the trauma advanced life support.

7. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc

Post Doc
    cvpa-atls is a great class but they will only offer you a cert. card if you work in a rural area without an md on scene. the class is very worthwhile nonetheless;you can do all the animal labs and take the final, alas no cert card regardless of your score. I have taken it twice and the last time I did as well or better than several of the residents.
    just curious, what did they offer you as a starting e.r. salary?
    :D