Advice for Foreign Trained Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrinalini

bAbYRoAcH
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Im a dentist trained in India and I want to join a program in the U.S in the Year 2004. Im planning to take the National Boards part 1 in July 2003. Im planning to reach the U.S only by May 2003.

Can anyone give me some advice on how i can prepare for the Part 1 while in India?

Thanks a lot,

Mrinalini:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Get Kaplan Book , Dental decks and ASDA reprints and start reviewing.

These are the best books for NBDE Part1.

Hope this helps.

Hi samudsri,

Thanx alot. I will trouble you a little more. I have a 1996 print of the Dental Decks. Should i buy the latest ones or will that suffice?
In addittion to this would it be advisable for me to sit for ndbe part 2 too ?

Thank you again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Mrinalini,

I think 2001 dental decks are the latest and I heard some of my friends say that old editions have few cards missing.

About NBDE part 2 it all depends on You. Some say that part 2 scores give more weightage during admission.

Best Wishes

Samudsri

hi mrinalini,
i gave my exams reading dental decks of 1995 and papers , u have really good material then me

so u don't worry!
u can't sit for the national board part 2 without the results of part 1.
lots of colleges like the students with part 2 score.
even if u feel u need more material when u cum to usa u can join kaplan online question bank, it didn't help me much

ubd

Hi ubd,
Thanx for the advice. What was your score like?

Mrinalini

hi mrinalini,
i took the part 1 this july too.how did it go? where are you based? i'm in virginia.do you know when the esults will be out?