Advice for summer 2016-community college premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedSalas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so im a premed at my local community college (college of the redwoods) and im planning to transfer as a junior in 2017 to UC Berkeley or UC Davis to complete my undergrad. I so far have completed English 120, english 1a, intermediate algebra, general biology 1a, spanish 1a, and psychology. This upcoming spring semester im gunna be taking college trigonometry, english 1b, spanish 1b, human anatomy, and chemistry 1a. I also have a part time job as a medical scribe at st.josephs hospital and have recently received a letter of recommendation from my biology teacher and the ER assistant medical director whos also an emergency physician. I have done decent in my classes so far though im planning on applying for summer research/enrichment programs for summer 2016 and im worried I may struggle. Any tips on other ways to spend my summer? i cant really volunteer at the hospital since i already work there side by side with physicians. Id really like to add more to my med school resume this summer and need advice. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.