MountainTops

May 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

Come Fall 2020 I will be a sophomore on a pre-med pathway. I've been spending this quarantine to volunteer as much as I can but also to plan something I've been wanting to do for a while. I want to open a non-profit foundation to help cancer patients, specifically children. However, I don't know the first step to go about this. I bet I'll be needing hospital permissions for the hospital of my choice, do I need to reach out and sign forms from the IRS as I plan for this to be non-profit? Do these forms that I sign also need the signature of a lawyer? Has anyone done this before or know about the small little details of carrying it out? It would help me out big time I'm just a bit lost.

A-Fib

2+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
May I suggest to first volunteer in a non-profit to see how things are done? Based on your post, I’m afraid that once money comes in you may have a hard time “running” the foundation. Good luck though - noble cause.

This may be of some use: How to Start a Nonprofit

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted1044797

Before starting a stand-alone nonprofit, it might be beneficial to partner with a hospital where you can implement your project. You can use the results and rapport from this partnership to grow in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.