Advice on retaking...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajnak182

MCATretaker4life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT last August and did fine in everything except verbal (6). I'm retaking in April and I'm trying to figure out how to study for it. I have all of my PR crap and have ordered the EK 1001 question books and plan on using those along with my PR study materials. For those of you who have retaken, how did you study? Also, which exams do you think are better, EK or Kaplan (if there is much of a difference)? Thanks for your help

AJ

Members don't see this ad.

My score was 11B, 11P, 6V R. 28 is a decent score, but I think that I can raise my score, especially in verbal. A higher MCAT will help my admissions chances, so that's why I'm going to retake the ol' asskicker.

My friend got a 7 on verbal, retook it, and got a 10. You can do it :clap:!

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. well hang in there you can do it!! just stay focused on everything you have to do while preparing to retake it.

I was able to raise my verbal 5 points using Kaplan's methods. I did like how they taught the verbal section. I thought their other instructors weren't worth 5 cents. I didn't use the others you mentioned so I can't comment on those. But whatever you do, practice tests over and over and over in myview is the best way to prepare for the verbal. Good luck

I've heard good things about the EK series, though I didn't use them. I took Kaplan and thought it was OK. My suggestion however, would be to take every practice problem you can get your hands on. I think that's the best way to prepare for verbal as opposed to the PS and BS sections because it is less knowing formulas, and more being used to figuring out what they are really asking quickly.