This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefuldoc2022

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Advice needed please! I recently learned that I failed the COMLEX Level 2 CE with a 398. I plan to retake the exam early October. My question is, do I apply to residency on September 29th or do I wait until I have a passing score back at the end of October? I am thinking of applying to Pathology and Internal medicine. Do I have a chance?

I passed all of my COMAT exams on the first try and have received favorable reviews from my preceptors. I also took Step 1 and I am awaiting my results. I do have a red flag on my transcript as I had to repeat my second year because of course failures.

I appreciate any insight you may have for me during this challenging time!