Advise for books for Biochem and OPP in DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

license43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey peeps, MSI here just finished with a 9 credit Gross Anatomy course. Just took the Shelf, thought it was pretty easy.... despite the fact I took it right after my Head and neck exam.
Got a B in anatomy, but I'm proud of it. But that B was due to crappy practical grades, I think I'm pretty prepared for the Boards this early.

Anyway... I'm starting core now, beginning with Biochemistry for 2-3 weeks and still taking OPP.

Haven't really focused on OPP too much since Gross anatomy took a ton of time for me...

Wondering if anyone recommends practice questions/review books for Biochemistry and OPP for a DO student?

Thanks.

You're prepared to take ALL OF BOARDS after just taking anatomy? Huh?

Biochem - panini's medical biochem book, questions at end of chapters. BRS for more 1st and 2nd order questions.

OPP - Savarese and quizlet.

Reactions: 1 user
The green Savarese book is the way to go for OPP concepts and info. There's also a Nicholas atlas that I found helpful for the actual techniques, but honestly I didn't have time for it much.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The green Savarese book is the way to go for OPP concepts and info. There's also a Nicholas atlas that I found helpful for the actual techniques, but honestly I didn't have time for it much.
Theres only 1 edition, the 2003 one. Do you mean that one??