AF COT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tran1123 said:
I highly doubt that the Warrior Run was 3 miles. I was on waiver that day (for June COT) and was a timekeeper. The first person came in around 12 minutes. I did not hear of anyone doing their PFA run in 6 minutes during my entire time at COT, so I highly doubt the distance of the Warrior Run added up correctly. Other timekeepers and some of the hardcore runners also did not believe that the distance was 3 miles either. Also, the very last person came in around 25 or 26 minutes. During the PFA, the last person was still running around 16 minutes.

tran,
during June COT, at the end of the run when the commander was giving a speech, he said that they cut the run short because of the heat, so it was only like 2.4 miles.

Members don't see this ad.

llort said:
tran,
during June COT, at the end of the run when the commander was giving a speech, he said that they cut the run short because of the heat, so it was only like 2.4 miles.

They probably learned their lesson... we were well into ours before the dang sun came up =)

llort said:
tran,
That explains a lot. Immediately after the run, the timekeepers all went straight to the parking lot outside the flight rooms to deliver all of your breakfasts while the commander spoke. Funny thing is no one said anything about the change ... before class later that day, everybody in my flight was talking about it did not feel like 3 miles.

Members don't see this ad :)
tran1123 said:
I highly doubt that the Warrior Run was 3 miles. I was on waiver that day (for June COT) and was a timekeeper. The first person came in around 12 minutes. I did not hear of anyone doing their PFA run in 6 minutes during my entire time at COT, so I highly doubt the distance of the Warrior Run added up correctly. Other timekeepers and some of the hardcore runners also did not believe that the distance was 3 miles either. Also, the very last person came in around 25 or 26 minutes. During the PFA, the last person was still running around 16 minutes.

When I did the Warrior Run, the first person across the finish line came in at 18:30. He was a former NCAA cross country runner, meaning that the course might have been longer than 3 miles. We also started at 5 am. The sun was just starting to rise during the warmup stretches.

deuist said:
When I did the Warrior Run, the first person across the finish line came in at 18:30. He was a former NCAA cross country runner, meaning that the course might have been longer than 3 miles. We also started at 5 am. The sun was just starting to rise during the warmup stretches.

Ya he was I think... the guy right behind him was in my flight =). Assuming you went to the last class. Anyways it was 3.4 miles for us, so you are correct.